Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Room Clearing for Dummies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Room Clearing for Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Room Clearing for Dummies   Room Clearing for Dummies Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:05 pm

No seriously. This is about as simple as we can say it.
Props to Matt-Requiem from Orange County for making this and posting it on the SoCal Airsoft League forum.

Room Clearing for Dummies 347ctuq

Explaination by "Gunner":

Things to consider prior to the breach:
--Is there any Intel on the room? (Floor Planes, Blue Prints, Photos, Live Video Feed, etc.)
--How many "bad guys" inside? (3 known, but what about the 7 you don’t know)
--What type of barricades and obstacles are in the room? (Sofas, Desks, Barricades, etc.)
--What type of weapons are they pointing at the door? (Sling Shoots & Sticks or M249’s & Claymores)
--How many body's are on the entry team? (3 man stack, 7 man stack, etc.)
--Are there any non-combatants involved? (This will throw the Monkey Wrench in your plans)

Now once you have made the commitment to enter what you know from above will dictate the entry tactic (Sector Clearing, J-Hooks, V-Fans, High-Low, etc.)

Other things to consider:
--How often have you practices these tactics?
--Is there anyone on the team that is not 100% on the procedures? (Standard or Standing)

Room clearing is not like everyone thinks; you don’t just kick down a door and jump into the room. That’s how you get real dead real fast in both the real world and airsoft.

Room Clearing for Dummies Animated
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: Room Clearing for Dummies   Room Clearing for Dummies Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:52 pm

this looks worthy of a sticky! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Room Clearing for Dummies   Room Clearing for Dummies Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:07 am

In all my airsofting days I have never had to clear a room Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Room Clearing for Dummies   Room Clearing for Dummies Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:25 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
In all my airsofting days I have never had to clear a room Rolling Eyes
Lol not once? Never had to enter a structure of any kind?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Room Clearing for Dummies   Room Clearing for Dummies Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 3:28 am

I play all outdoors in either open sand with light veg, or tight space with dense foliage. Jungle fever mofuggaz.
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Room Clearing for Dummies   Room Clearing for Dummies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:11 am

The pictures miss some things. My team was trained by the team captain (then fresh out of Army Basic) in room clearing. First, the door kicker checks the door for traps. When he gives the OK, the 1st guy pats the guy behind him. This pat goes down the line and comes back up. When the 1st guy pats the door kicker, he kicks the door and gets out of the way. The 1st guy calls the shots and covers the path of least resistance. The others come in after him and cover the other sectors in the order he calls out. Last guy in turns to cover the door. On their way out, they announce how many coming out so they don't get shot by another team/squad covering the area outside.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Room Clearing for Dummies   Room Clearing for Dummies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Well obviously all that couldnt have been put into the gif Razz
Back to top Go down
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
Captain
Captain
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken

PostSubject: Re: Room Clearing for Dummies   Room Clearing for Dummies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:09 pm

Like Drummer, my group usually sets up in the woods, but there is a CQB area about 4 hours away that I go to every once in a while.

Let me just say; with my gun...I have some very serious limitations when room sweepin'.
I'm usually in the back of the breach line Crying or Very sad

Although, whenever I actually do enter the building, I'm always the guy that blocks off any extra areas (hallways, back doors etc,) that the enemy could potentially use to sneak in behind our guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Room Clearing for Dummies   Room Clearing for Dummies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Room Clearing for Dummies
Page 1 of 1