Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

high speed internals

Go down 
+2
Zane
gentry
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

high speed internals Empty
PostSubject: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:13 pm

hi, i would love to get some advice stuff on how i should build my m4 for speed, im just looking for list of parts and such. thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:16 pm

What kind of gearbox do you have inside of it? I you don't have at least V3 gearbox (not sure what yours uses but w/e the equiv is) your going to have some expensive upgrades ahead of you.

If you have a good gearbox your going to want to get yourself a lipo battery, some new wiring and a high torque motor. (At best)

Most likely your going to need a new gearbox as well.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:19 pm

yeah im gonna order a bravo gearbox right now its a stock echo 1 not to mention its an all custom build from different parts but may i ask why a high torque over high speed?
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:27 pm

My gist of it, and others can correct me if im wrong.

Torque:
Stronger motor so it's going to be able to pull heavier springs and stronger gears, this='s more oomph.

Speed:
Faster RPS but weaker strength.

Keeping this in mine a tech at one of our fields has a modded P90 to shoot 60BB's/sec at 400FPS
M4 40 BB's/sec at 480fps

Using high torque, LIPO, upgraded gears motor wiring ect.

Your biggest worry is going to be burning the wires or motor out that's why you need high quality.
Quote :
If you are burning up Motors, Wiring, Fuses, there is entirely to much resistance on the system, ie. forcing the set-up to cycle, Greetz Slob
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Oh well um keeping it cqb like under 300 fps so still torque?
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:36 pm

you'd probably better off with a high speed then. I recommend you talk to a local tech they would be able to provide you with the best info about the motor and gears. You will need a 11.1 lipo tho and that's the reason for the new motor and gear box.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Ok ill talk to my tech he's got a p90 at around 40 rps
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:02 am

All I have to say is I DO NOT RECOMMEND SPENDING THE MONEY ON RUNNING A HIGH-SPEED REPLICA. ASGI built a P90 that ran about 55rps. It broke after about 80 rounds through it (yep, do the math. That's less than two seconds). If your planning on firing over 30rps, that means pretty much exchanging all the internals. That includes upgrading the motor, battery, gears, piston, piston head, spring, and possibly a cylinder. You would be looking at quality metal and carbon fiber or tough plastic composites, which is of course going to burn a huge hole in your pocket. Not to mention that even though you have stronger internals, it's still going to need more matainance and replacement.

To be honest, I think it would be a waste of time and money, but if you just want to have something that shoots around 30rps, you should be fine with upgrading a few things here and there (a new V3 gearbox and a new motor and LiPo battery will do this nicely, but this will still be a little on the expensive side).
It's up to you, but make sure you research the full extent of what your getting into before you jump into it.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:50 am

Honestly I don't know why you would need anything over 25rps...
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:19 am

Head over to AirsoftMechanics.com.

They will give you VERY good advice.

Re-shim it, re-lube it, correct the AoE, high speed motor, 11.1V Lipo, low FPS spring, metal bushings.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:16 pm

ok well currently in it is those matrix internals the red polycarb piston, and i think the cylinder... i just recently stripped a gear so i need a new set also i have an ICS turbo 2000 motor its an older model so should i still get a new motor also?
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Jeez !!!!!

First what kind of ROF are you shooting for ?? Remember if you are going for High Speed, keep all your tuning and parts along those lines, donīt go mixing High Torque with High Speed, pre-programming for failure.

There are all kinds of MODs, and parts on the market for the tuning that you are after, from Short Stoking, Piston Weight reduction, Motor upgrades to Double Cycle sector gears, 24v 9000Mah LIPOs.

Re-wiring, Active Braking, are going to be the minimum of problems, getting your box to perform to the desired level is the hard part.

Quote :
ASGI built a P90 that ran about 55rps. It broke after about 80 rounds through it
Thatīs actualy quite sad, most of my MPīs are running higher than that, and been doing it for years.

FYI, the record is 86 BBs/min, 120M Spring, 28V home made Battery, ICS V2 Gearbox with standard gears and piston, ran non-stop for 2 minutes before the sector gear chewed through the piston. ( Swiss Smith, I believe some of his vids can still be found on Youtube )

Not to answer your question with a question, What ROF are you trying to achieve ??

A substantial ROF increase can be reached just by upgrading your battery.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:42 pm

im looking to shoot for around 40 RPS
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:07 am

gentry,

A High Speed motor, larger battery, full metal gear rack piston, will be required, donīt plan on running any spring higher than an M120 ( M90-M110 would be IMHO, better ), when choosing the gears, double check thier rated strengths, if the manufacturer states `For springs of a maximum strength M130, donīt go any higher than an M120, leave yourself some safety room.

With any gear upgrade, Shimming is the key to success, you have to do the best job possible, when done incorrectly, the life of the GB is greatly reduced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: high speed internals   high speed internals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

high speed internals
Page 1 of 1