Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Empty
PostSubject: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:31 pm

So I've been a huge fan of the CIRAS vest for a while now (more recently inspired by Battlefield 3 and this), and had actually planned on picking up some unbranded CIRAS vest with a bunch of pouches. After searching through AirsoftAllies and looking at the five or so topics about CIRAS replicas along with some Google searches, I found these:
-Eagle Industries CIRAS
-Pantac CIRAS
-Flyye CIRAS
-Random Chinese CIRAS

Originally I was planning on the unbranded (Chinese) CIRAS, but I now realize that I probably should invest in something of a bit higher quality. While that was too low, the EI CIRAS was way out of my price range (>$250 for just the carrier). So I decided on Pantac or Flyye.

Pantac I found quickly, but Flyye only turned up some very old forum postings. So I decided on Pantac (can't go wrong with them), and found the CIRAS with a full pouch set (in Ranger Green) for $270 on RedWolf. However, shipping is ridiculous ($65), and so here's my main question: is there anywhere you can get a Ranger Green CIRAS vest (preferably with pouches) for under $250 or so from a US distributor or seller? Thanks.

Last edited by br55ftw on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Pantac Ranger Green is purple. No joke. Only get flyye. ALSO, Eagle industries is the company that makes the CIRAS, so if you want real gear, get it.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:46 am

EAGLE CIRAS all the way!!! me and snow are proud EAGLE CIRAS owners Smile

oh and just letting know, that is an RRV being used in the BF 3 pic. you can tell by the shoulder pads
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:03 am

Just actually looked at the picture, definitely a RRV, no doubt in my mind at all.

Also, that helmet is a MS2000, not a LWH. Also LWH =/= PASGT
Back to top Go down
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Sooo...all my research for naught? Glorious day, gentlemen!

Okay, so that's an RRV and not a CIRAS? So, who makes an RRV besides Pantac (since, according to Sno, their Ranger Green is more of a purple)?

EDIT: So the only site I could find (in fifteen minutes of searching) that had a Flyye RRV in Ranger Green was this Canadian site: [url]tactical-mod.com[/url]. It seems legit, and it's Canada-based, so shipping is reasonable. Think this looks good?

-Flyye RRV (RG)
-3x M4 Double-Stack Pouches (RG)
-Admin/Pistol Mag Pouch (RG)
-Magazine Drop Pouch (RG)

Last edited by br55ftw on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:08 pm

EI makes an RRV, as does condor
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:38 pm

EI is the original manufacturer, so it will be perfect. Royaltigergear.com has a great selection of flyye RG gear.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 pm

A cheaper alternative to the EI RRS-V would be a Blackhawk! CRCH. EI's RRS-V's have been hard to come by lately.

Also, Pantac RG only has a hue of purple, its not like its actually purple. It's actually really close to the Paraclete Smoke Green pouches I have.

sticks
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Comparing it to Smoke Green is actually pretty accurate. Never thought of it that way. But yeah, didn't mean to say that it is just plain purple, just a little purplish apparently Smile
Back to top Go down
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Okay, changing the topic so I don't have to make another thread. Does anyone here know which is better (since my attempts to get an EI RRV for half-price have failed Sad ): Pantac or Flyye? They're both about the same price, but I'm not sure of the quality. I'm going to go check out some reviews for each before deciding, but I was wondering what you had to say about it.

By the way, I think I'm going Multicam over Ranger Green, since now that GI stocks Tru-Spec, I might pick up a set Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:31 am

FLYYE is better than Pantac IMO
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Make an account on arniesairsoft.co.uk. They have a comparative review betweem the flyye and pantac. There weren't to many differences, however the Flyye had misaligned PALS stitching. That means you wouldn't be able to use that row of webbing to attach a PALS. I sell Pantac on a daily basis and I've never seen that from one of their products.

Besides the lower quality control on the Flyye the only other reason to grab Pantac would be to use their warranty. Flyye does not come with a warranty so if you have a mishap(like the stitching) you can\'t take it back to anyone for a replacement. Pantac USA will replace the product if it complies with the terms of the warrenty...

Those are the only two reasons I go with Pantac if I'm grabbing replica gear, other than that Pantac and Flyye use the exact same materials. Excluding their buckles which are both made by very good Companies.

sticks
Back to top Go down
br55ftw
Captain
Captain
br55ftw

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:19 am

So after an hour or so of looking through EVERY Pantac-USA distributor, I realized that Airsoft GI DOES in fact sell the RRV...in Multicam...for the lowest price I've seen.... Evil or Very Mad They just don't call it the RRV or "Recon Vest;" they call it the "MOD Vest." I think my problem's solved.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:47 am

I'll sell you my eagle CIRAS Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:17 am

^I can vouch for it. If you want one that is cheaper, but has a small rip on the chest and no shoulder pads, i'm your guy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:56 am

If you want an invisible one for 30% off, I'm your guy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:07 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
If you want an invisible one for 30% off, I'm your guy Very Happy

mine's even better! It's invisible, weightless, and has type 99999 ballistic plates, also this will be free. and if you didn't notice, you are wearing it right now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV   EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EDIT: Pantac v. Flyye RRV
Page 1 of 1