Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

hand signals

Go down 
+12
djstasevich
kkoerber
metal sniper3445
RussianGrimReaper
Roamer
Ragnarock
Sniper004
Halo0004
Sentinel
Admin
Seabass_9000
stormtrupr
16 posters
AuthorMessage
stormtrupr
Private
Private
stormtrupr

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:23 pm

ok....so most of us agree that walkies are great! but I do still feel that hand signals are a great way to improve a teams effectiveness by purely silent means of comm while behind enemy lines.

Aside from a raised fist for stop, and pointing for either movement or enemy spotting, what hand signals do you guys use?

the only other thing i can think of is to use pointing to your eyes and then a direction to tell someone to look a certain way while moving but again i havent thought about hand signals much so was hoping to gain some good hand signals

whatcha guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://ohio.facebook.com/profile.php?id=606815017
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:53 pm

That is a good question... this past weekend Slacker and I tried to use walkies but we had some problems with throat mics not putting out a clear signal. So basically after the first game the walkies were turned off. Then we didnt have very good communication. We tried to do hand signals, but sometimes its hard to figure out what the person is trying to tell you.

The only other one I can think of that Storm didnt mention would be pointing to your wrist like it has a watch on it and then holding up fingers to show the enemy is at their 3 o'clock or 11 o'clock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Me and my spotter actually have several different hand signals we use to communicate. For example, we have a specific hand signal that signifies a movement command is about to be made. This signal is quickly followed by the movement command, by either raising one, two, three, four, or five fingers, each having their own specific movement relating to them. Then, to execute the command the signaler will raise fist and bring it down quickly (fist pump). It's actually been very successful in the past, and although it sounds like it takes a long time to do three separate signals, they actually end up taking no more than a few seconds!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:01 pm

Beside basic communications, I like to point to my eyes and then a number to show how many people I can see that are grouped, for example if i put my finger to my eyes followed by two fingers, then put them back to my eyes and hold up three fingers, that would mean one group of two, and another group of three.

If i see some in prone or hidden position with some kind of scope weapon, ill put my hand up to my eye, and then point to the scope on my gun, or just make a scope out of my hands and look through it, to show that i see a sniper, and to watch out.
Back to top Go down
Halo0004
Private
Private
Halo0004

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 1:06 am

I use just about every one i know out there, and not everyone knows them back lol.. I once lead a squad for a few games and here is what i remember using..

Hold up
move out
regroup
enemy contacts
enemy patrol
get in cover
crouch
lie down
flank right
flank left

And a few others.. We were behind enemy lines.. So no talking. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 4:31 pm

my spotter and i have memorized a big list of signals we alost never use like half of them we practice quite a bit.. we mostly use directonails like we see/hear someone also we use weapons designations like sniper shotguner or riflemen signals.. stop take cover the basics
Back to top Go down
Ragnarock
Corporal
Corporal
Ragnarock

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:27 am

When me and my neighbor are on a team we generally use simple and generally obvious commands. I point to my eyes and point to a spot to signify if i see somebody. I point at me or him and to a spot to signify of where i want him or me to move to. there are, however, some things that can't be spoken using hands, so a quick signal to group is helpful as well
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:48 pm

I love using the regroup signal. There is just something about circling one finger in the air to tell your home slices to move to you that just chokes me up inside. I also find myself tapping my mag to tell my fellow teammates that I will be changing a mag, unless I am being mean and want to light somebody up and I lie about it and yell "MAG CHANGE!!" really loud only to shoot roughly 20 rounds at them when they storm me. lol
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
RussianGrimReaper
Private
Private
RussianGrimReaper

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 1:11 am

All you have to remember is practice them a little first. our entire team got Massacred because we made up signals on the spot. Just try not to yell a sniper, such as myself, will pinpoint that in no time.
Back to top Go down
metal sniper3445
Private
Private
metal sniper3445

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:02 am

Well i just try to do some basic such as described here but i also use one that signals i am about to fire a round. I use a bolt action sniper, the Utg m324, so i will tap my bolt or you can tap your trigger.
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:42 pm

i use a bunch of hand signals when i play. i can't find the web site i got them from though
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:32 pm

I consider myself a lone ranger. therefore I know zero hand signals.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
GeneralMDBK
Private
Private
GeneralMDBK

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:25 pm

i know many had signals but it is difficult to get the other members of my squad to remember them and also because i'm not in there line of sight since a cover them with a sniper rifle from behind the rear. and the signals that i know are old school WWII signals that the germans used. no i'm not german i just like the hand signals.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:19 pm

I tend to use simple ones like

stop
get down
hold fire
fire at will
get up
movement
confirmed enemy sighting
taking a shot
and

OMG THEYVE SEEN US RUN!
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:20 pm

http://unconventional-airsoft.com/2003/01/15/hand-signals-defined/

My favourite. SO TRUE for all airsoft players
Back to top Go down
LaserSailorRy
Private
Private

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:04 pm

Most of my friends are fluent in American Sign Language, we just use that. I suggest you find a few words in ASL and use them during airsoft. For example, cover, look, follow, there, here, numbers, door, building ect, all these are simple signs to learn. www.aslpro.com
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:09 pm

I tried hand signals with my friends and they didn't understand me, they just ran across the street and said "What now?" confused
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Sponsored content

hand signals Empty
PostSubject: Re: hand signals   hand signals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hand signals
Page 1 of 1