Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?

Go down 
+4
HWgeneral
JARHEAD
panic324
slob212
8 posters
AuthorMessage
slob212
slob212

Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Empty
PostSubject: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:45 pm

This is going to be a running thread, so please check back from time to time, I have some time off comming to me and I hope to get this with Pictures and easy to understand explanations.

So, you want to try your hand at tuning, you think you have what it takes to get the job done, well let me just say this, STOP !!! Shocked

Think about it real hard,
Are you ready to break down the gun, remove the GB, break it down, keep track of the 8 different springs, remember exactly where they go and how they are installed, the same goes for the 14-16 different screws, remember how to set the Timing on your gears, you know how to remove the Main Spring without breaking your Tappet Plate ( and this even happens to the Pro磗 ), you know the difference between,
ROF
FPS
Joule
%
`` M 创
SP
MS
High Torque,
High Power,
High Speed,
Straight Cut,
Helical Cut,
Full Tooth,
Half Tooth,
Ported, Vented,
Bore Up
Type `` O创
Type `` F 创
Bushings,
Bearings
Oil less
Oil Channel
Ceramic Bearing
Teflon insulated
Silicon Insulated
AWG
and on and on and on,

Are you ready to put it all back together, drop it back into your gun, hook it up to your battery , slap in a magazine, take aim, pull the trigger and NOT a Freaking Thing Happens !!!!

Do you know what version GB you are working on ??
Do you know the differences in GB磗

Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Ver1
Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Ver2
Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Ver3
Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Ver4
Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Ver5
Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Ver6
Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Ver7
Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Ver8
Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? MP7_Gearbox

Can you read and understand this chart,
Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Sadasd

And last but not least, are you ready to do it over and over and over again, once you start tuning it never stops.

I hope to get the first pics up starting next week ( Game Weekend Sorry ), if nobody objects I will start with the V2, GB since it is the most common, and would probably benifit the most members here.

Last edited by slob212 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:15 pm

Its times like this that I'm thankful to own a Gas-powered rifle. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:57 pm

holy jesus!
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
HWgeneral
Corporal
Corporal
HWgeneral

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:36 pm

There was nothing in life I hated more in life than taking apart my v7 gearbox
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:53 am

Let磗 start with some of the terms and terminology,

FPS..... Feet per Second, used to measure the guns output energy, how fast the BB is traveling when Leaving the gun. As most already know but to re-enforce, FPS is as a rule always measured using .20g BB.s

Joule.... The total energy of the FPS, usualy written as 1,44J.

ROF ( Rate of Fire )....This is the amount of BB磗 that your gun shoots on Full Automatic in 1 Second ( the record is 86, and I still havn磘 beaten it yet Mad )

`` V 创 Volt.....This is the battery output, 8,4V, 9,6V, 10,8V, 12V and so on.

mAh..... Mimi Ampere, your battery capacity, ie. 8,4V 3000mAh, the larger the capacity, the longer the playing time ( Depending on how you shoot ), long Ratta tat tat磗 will heat up your battery, causing it to drain faster, shortening your playing time.

Shims.....Little thin metal washers used in spacing your gears.

Shimming.....Setting up and spacing your gears to get the Best alignment possible.

Sector, Bevel, Spur, Pinion..... The Gears inside your GB

ARL..... Anti Reversal Latch, this stops the gears from Back-spinning inside the GB after a Firing Cycle is Complete.

Selector Plate.....Located usualy on the outside of your GB, allows Semi and Full Auto Shooting.

Tappet Plate.....Retracts the Nozzle on your GB, allowing for proper Feeding of the BB into your Hop-Up.

Drall.....BB Spin, allowing for a steady and level flight path.

These are just the most common terms that you will hear and use when Repairing and Tuning your GB, later as others arise they will be defined.

Let磗 kill some of the Myths about our AS Guns before we get started,
There have been more than a few Posts and Threads here in the forum, and unless you have gone thru them all, chances are you missed them, so once again.....

Myth, To increase your ROF, you have to do a GB Rebuild.
Fact, Unless you are trying to reach levels above 30BB磗 per sec, most effective increases can be achieved with just upgrading the type of battery that you are using. Going from a 7,2V to a 9,6V will ramp up your ROF to an acceptable level. Unless you are after having the `` Fastest gun 创 on the Field, IMHO investing all kinds of cash for internal upgrades is a waste of money. 2 or 3 Players putting down Covering Fire, will deliver more BB磗 on target, than any reliable modified gun.

Myth, A lighter BB will increase your range.
Fact, Just the oposite is true, but the catch is, finding the BB weight that works best with the FPS ( J ), output of your gun. As you increase your guns output power, you are going to have to increase the BB weight. Don磘 think that if you have more than one gun, and they are all tuned to the same power level, the same weight bb will work best for them all. Depending on the Inner Barrel length, Hop-Up and Buckling, slight increases and decreases in BB weight will deliver better results.

Myth, All BB磗 are the Same.
Fact, Just like with women, some are better than others Laughing , Depending on the manufature and materials used, Tolerances in Shape, Size, Surface Structure, Coating, the Quality of BB磗 cover the entire Spectrum, from outright crap, to top of the Line, First Class, always delivering Superb Performance ( again Just like Women Laughing ). Does it make any sense to invest all kinds of cash in repairing or upgrading your GB, Gun or inner barrel, just to shove some cheap substandard garbage through it. Finding the right BB is mostly Trial and Error, check to see if your local handler offers Test packages of BB磗, Try others from inside your Team, do the research there are an abundance of tables and charts on the Net,

.15g - A little heavier than the .12g, but still way too light for any airsoft sniper rifle.
.20g - A well-made .2g will produce acceptable results, but still not recommended (unless for low-end guns)
.23g - Almost there. Can be used with good results in an airsoft rifle, but why not go for a .25g BB?
.25g - Now we're talking. This weight of BBs is the lowest recommended weight for a quality airsoft rifle.
.28g - Welcome to the heavy-weights. These are for mid-grade (or upgraded guns) to high-grade rifles.
.30g+ - These are for high-end and/or heavily upgraded guns only. ( Look Familiar ADMIN ?? Shocked )

So those are porbably the biggest 3, and for whatever reason, they just won磘 go away, they always continue to pop up, and lead to new players having nothing but problems.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:47 am

WHOOAAAHHHHH!!!!
So much to do, say, and ask....I don't even know where to start. I guess I can start with.....
SLOB, I LOVE YOU!!! ( In a...brotherly way of course Laughing )
So, I was just about to make a Thread about "The best takedown guides" I can get because I have REALLY been trying to learn as MUCH as possible on the internals of AS weapons, as you may have all noticed here on the Forum Embarassed
I guess I'll start out my asking;
Are you planning on doing GB Takedown Guides?!
With all those darn Gears,
Springs, big and small,
and all those other levers, gizmos and gadgets labeled??
It's almost too good to be true....so is it? bounce
I'll explain more of my current situation in another Thread, but for now.....
Consider me your Pupil, your student!! Teach me the ways of the BB, Master! study
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:30 pm

i got it easy...i need to know
cylinder head
cylinder
spring guide
spring
piston
hop up casing
bucking/nub
and that's about it......
and.....
OB
IB
receiver and stock....i just labeled every part in my BAR10....
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:38 pm

JARHEAD wrote:
holy jesus!

ditto Shocked
Back to top Go down
ncis
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:52 pm

AAAGGGHHHH!!!!!!

(ncis's head explodes)
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:11 pm

dude that really confusing
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:00 am

scooterprodigy wrote:
JARHEAD wrote:
holy jesus!

ditto Shocked

lol, and ncis just died, like in every other thread. hehe lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:31 am

o no he died Sad haha
Back to top Go down
ncis
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 9:06 am

im like the carman of the forum!
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Anyways on topic thanks for postin this slob Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?   Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sooo, you want to try your hand at Tuning ? Repair ?
Page 1 of 1