Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

The seeds of airsoft...

Go down 
+4
sambam2011
djstasevich
killyouno5
Painkiller
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

The seeds of airsoft... Empty
PostSubject: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:25 am

I've browsed multiple posts about LPEGs and it seems that to even mention them in some areas is like blasphemy to hardcore airsofters. Yet most players seem to have started out with LPEGs like Crossman or UK Arms at some point. It seems to me that it may actually harm airsoft as a hobby when energetic newcomers buy these cheapos up and expect to play only to be slaughtered and intimidated by MPEGs or High End AEGs. Does anyone keep these around to introduce "noobs" to the sport? My informal group (mostly family) have upgraded to Echo 1 and a few used TMs, but some potential players we've approached will not go up against them. For this purpose I keep the following:

Crossman Nightprowler, Crossman Pulse R71 (MP5 knock-off), Crossman C11 CO2 Pistol

Just trying to sow some new seeds in my area. Anyone else try this?
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:29 am

I still own my cheap walmart springer and the only reason I would let someone shoot this was to show how crappy it is and to not waist your money on it. If I had more guns I would let others use them just to show them that mpeg are alot better then the cheap ones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:05 am

I believe that there should be a reason for a "noob" to buy an lpeg because if they do a slight bit of research they could find out that could step up to at least a low end mpeg that could put up some competition.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
sambam2011
Sergeant
Sergeant
sambam2011

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:49 pm

i own afew springers just cuz theres no reason to get rid of them...but when i play with noobs i use my normal weapons...might as well show them what airsoft really is...
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:31 pm

I sold my spring famas to a friend, got 20 dollars and made him realize that a spring gun just can't cut it unless its a sniper. Mean but its better that I get his money then walmart, well imo
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:36 pm

No I strictly prohibit the use of these as loaners. All players must have a gun that is equal in quality and performance. I am not going to lend a n3wb a crossman. What I would do if I had only one gun is let him use my good one and I use the night prowler or take turns with other vets, reffing the game.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:46 pm

Loaning does kind of give the newer player a worse exprience but loaning them a nice gun so they can break it is simply not fun. Sure you have the break it you buy it polocy but still even if the gun doesn't break the gun is almost always worse off in the uncaring hands of a newer players. Also LW most of the time when a newer player is playing it is a small scale game so there arn't normally enough people to have some one sit out for a game. Just seeing the amazing quaility of other peoples guns can help them say to themselves " Iwant a gun like that" instead of when they use a nice gun they say" why should I buy a gun soon this one is amazing I will just use this untill I really need a gun" and the latter option then lower the expreince of the person loanign the gun because I don't know bout you but I worry about my guns and leting someone borrow my guns just makes me alittle on the edge and I am easier ticked off.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:54 pm

IDK about you but people are scared to break my sh*t. + I can fix it myself and you can't really do much with the kind of gun I have...other than break the magazine or feed by dropping it. I don't get ticked either, but I expect my gun to be returned to me immediately after the game and in working condition.

In order for airsoft to grow, you have to make it a better experience for the newcommers. + I don't just go to a random field and allow some random person to borrow my gun, I am talking about when we have newcomers visiting our team for a short game. We still own them. I understand your point, but when I loan my gun I instruct the user in the proper technique and field care. I also tell them the second they can't find out why their gun is firing and they are performing proper technique and such, they are to notify me by radio or pull out a dead rag and walk off to base.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:13 pm

every now and then in the summer i like to have cheap gun fights with like lpegs and what not.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Some of my best airsoft moments were with those cheap springers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 2:40 am

My thoughts weren't so much toward loaning them as to keeping the field equal for their first couple of games until they see what higher levels are capable of. I've just seen people back out of airsoft un-necessarily due to frustration of constantly being outgunned in their first game or two. I use my Nightprowler when playing these folks and keep my Echo 1 for the "real" fights.

I'll follow up by showing them how much better the higher end gun is, and let them decide if it's right for them or not.
Back to top Go down
spayne
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:46 pm

yes but what if they buy one for 200 $ and they have not had enough exp to Know how much the gun can take or how to take care of it if its a crossman they loose 50$ but if they break an echo 1 there out a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The seeds of airsoft...   The seeds of airsoft... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The seeds of airsoft...
Page 1 of 1