Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Finding People in your location

Go down 
+4
slob212
sticks.13
Lone Wolf
AFU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AFU
AFU

Finding People in your location Empty
PostSubject: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:50 pm

So, I am having trouble finding people in my area who are interested in airsoft. Because of school and work I don't have a lot of time to go to actual events (Due to where I live it is a drive to go anywhere that an airsoft related event would be hosted).

A lot of free forest to use though, I just need to find the people, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Have you tried looking online using google.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 7:04 pm

yeah, I do a google search every couple of months and the top result is a forum which takes me to a post (made by me) about my own team.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:09 pm

ok, well you have your forum. Just get the word out to the stores and sites in your area about your forum and you should begin seeing a steady increase in members that play locally.

Take this forum for example. They are supported by 2 fields, http://metroatlantaairsoft.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:53 pm

AFU... What state is Lake Arrowhead located in? Try broadening your searched area.

sticks
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 am

I have tried that, Lake Arrowhead is in California, (southern california) in the san bernardino mountains. In terms of airsoft retailers near me, we have sims (Surplus store that over prices everything) and little folks book store (Very good prices, nice customer service) and in terms of fields. . . there are forest everywhere that stretch for miles upon miles.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:07 am

Here is what we did at the beginning, it may help you AFU, and maybe keep you from making the same mistakes.

First we built up a solid CORE or players, who of course told their friends and relatives about what we were doing and planning on starting. Membership was about 6 players at this time.

We then took out some space in all the local small weekly Papers, Town Information Leaflets, and so on. Information included the 5 ``W´´ and `` HOW´´. The first meeting was a phenomenal success, over 160 Guests !!

After talking for over an hour and explaining exactly just what we wanted to achieve, we had over 50 new interested possible players.

After the initial flood of Possible New Players, we held and conducted Meetings and Training games at a minimum of twice a month, participation fell to 46 Players at the end of the first Year.

All of that was more than a few years ago, and there are 12 teams in our area, and we are not near any major city or built up areas, needless to say, we can now pick and choose what teams we want to play against, and what Events we want to participate in.

This may sound like a great success story, but it wasn´t, for a while it seemed like no matter what we did of attempted to do, there were problems.

If you try doing the same here are some things to keep in mind,

Age Restrictions,
Prior AS/PB Experience,
Transportation, to and from Games/Events,
Training Program, Location, How Often, Type of play ( Fun, Speed, Mil-Sim.....)

All and all things worked out great, but it is a long hard Road, most people have no idea of what is involved in AS or what AS is. The people who have heard of it, but don´t play, most of them are wrongly informed and have a completely wrong impression of the Game/Hobby.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:35 pm

I like the sound of that one, How much was it to take an add out. 15 C a word or something right?

I guess one thing I might do is make a flier and see if the owner of little folks can pass them out to his airsoft customer. I purchase my BBs from him and he guarantees me that he sells a steady stream of airsoft rifles.

Maybe I can promote his site through mine as a method of greasing the wheels.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:28 pm

Theres almost no airsoft activity except for people who are afraid of being shot who play in thier basements. But I took 8 people refromed and trained them (still in the process). And now there are 3 local teams that have sprung up cause of this. All trying for more professional airsoft. I made my team public got ridiculed then these teams challenged us. talk about it person to person.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:35 pm

theres a few teams in my state. "Watch your language". thes a whole organisation M.A.G Maine Airsoft Group
Back to top Go down
airsoft22595
Sergeant
Sergeant
airsoft22595

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:25 pm

Hey AFU aint there a team right by Lake arrowhead i thought i found one on youtube but there younger than u i think by a lot..I know there is a field..but not where its at. o wait i think the field is SC village so i think i have to wrong location...
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:48 pm

0_0 hahahahahaha. . .HAHAHAHAHAHA

I would love to play at SC village, it is actually a lumber yard now But that would be fun. I have 3 areas that I like to play at, one is a hidden little forested area about 500 yards in any direction, another is about 2 miles perimeter wise, but it is right next to a road (Although the road is only used by the forest service) because this area is about half a mile away from a lookout tower. My last area which we have checked out but have yet to use is about 6-7 miles perimeter, major forested, some burn area, and a few good hills and plains.

But I'll look on youtube and see if I can find that team, thank you!

Edit: Oh I was thinking of a different place when you said SC village! HAHA
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:36 am

We payed 28$ a week for the running of the ad, we ran it for 3 weeks prior to the Big meeting, if you list a tele. number be prepared to answer all kinds of questions, at all hours of the day. ( Funny, how many people are afflicted with Insomnia Laughing )
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:00 am

slob212 wrote:
Funny, how many people are afflicted with Insomnia

Considering I am up from 7:00 AM until around 12-1:00 in the morning, I understand the afflection.
Back to top Go down
JMAN72
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:48 pm

I know exactly what you are talking about AFU. My family has a second house in the arrowhead villas and i have done some searching and found some really tight spots to play in. I would come up the hill more often but it's two hours from my house and my dad wont let my friends and i use the place for the weekend. I wonder which lookout you are talking about though because the one that is by the childrens forest would be cool but there are always people camping around there. And i don't think you can go to SC village because the last time i was there they told me to leave and i was just checking it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding People in your location   Finding People in your location Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding People in your location
Page 1 of 1