Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Where can I get a ghillie Suit

Go down 
+11
Tank
Alabama_Sniper
aveenvp
white wolf
djstasevich
Spl. Durkee
airsoftmarine95
sniperGokey
slob212
panic324
TheOneNamedMike
15 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

Where can I get a ghillie Suit Empty
PostSubject: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:27 am

I'm 5'2 and i was wondering where i can get a ghillie suit
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:16 am

Hey, if you'd like my own personal advice, hold off on the ghillie suit for a little while. If you're 12 years old you shouldn't be blowing your money on something that's not going to make yourself invisible. Spend it on a good gun- a nice rifle, get your skills up to top notch with it, practice with stealth, moving... Make yourself invisible withOUT a Ghillie, then go get yourself one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 4:11 pm

and to add a little fuel to the Fire, the best Ghillie´s are not Bought, they are Home Made, Custom Fit and for your area of Playing.
Back to top Go down
sniperGokey
Private
Private
sniperGokey

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:58 am

I used to use ghillies and i decided against it because i like wearing my reg gear,(pack, 2 weapons, other "supplies") and the ghillie suit just wasn't for me. It decreased the amount of my perpendicular view, i had a mask. so i am without.
Back to top Go down
airsoftmarine95
Private
Private
airsoftmarine95

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:02 pm

im 5'2" also and i got this amazing ghillie suit from airsoftgi.com for 80 bucks the legs r a bit long but nothing a little growth can't fix. i got the M/L version if u wanted to know
Back to top Go down
airsoftmarine95
Private
Private
airsoftmarine95

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:03 pm

im 5'2" also and i got this amazing ghillie suit from airsoftgi.com for 80 bucks the legs r a bit long but nothing a little growth can't fix. i got the M/L version if u wanted to know
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:11 pm

clone post by, please delete one airsoftmarine
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:39 pm

I tried my friend ghillie, but there in nothing like camoflaguing yourself without one, When they don't see you in regular camo, I is a great felling. Also, I would recommend Webtex for a ghillie type equipment. It is like a vest with tight bungie on it that you stuff natural vegitation into.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:27 pm

IF you want one check your local army/navy store. they are about 50-70. but still the best are made not bought. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:10 pm

I agree with ww. the best ghillies are made by the sniper for the environment they will be operating in, not by some factory in china for any kid who wants one. granted panic is also right. get a good rifle, and log some hours in action before you consider augmenting your loadout with a ghillie suit.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:20 am

Yeah get to know the sport better and then buy you a personalisiable kit . It will be worth it trust me .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Tank
Major
Major
Tank

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:23 pm

At your local outdoor store! Try the cabelas website
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:36 pm

You can buy one but those generally don't blend in the greatest. If you want one that will work excellent you should make it that way you know exactly what the terrain you play in looks like and you can have it math it better then store bought ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Well heres what I did. Buy a basic woodland one if you don't know the enviroment this ones basic and works most anywhere. Then I went on to make one for each season and for the fields I commonly play at.
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:55 pm

See that would work well. A lot of time involved though, A LOT
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
SpotterSmith
Private
Private
SpotterSmith

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:19 pm

i just got an 80 dollar one from Airsoft GI ...Didnt expect it to be so great...Its not half bad

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=4239

Few modifications must be made before i use this one
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Well it is cheaper and better to make one . But you have to have the skill and the know how to build one and it takes time so if you want to get one it is just what ever one that you want you too get and you want to buy .

............... Alabama__Sniper .................
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
SpotterSmith
Private
Private
SpotterSmith

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:02 am

I will agree with that....however i have no clue on where to start for Making a ghillie
Back to top Go down
organdonor
Private
Private
organdonor

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 4:54 pm

One thing to do is take the one you buy and get it real dirty and muddy. Wash it so it gets soft then get it dirty again and always, I repeat, ALWAYS "veg up"! Vegging up for you newbies is adding natural vegitation to your suit where you are playing. Whetyher it's straw or leaves or green ferns. What ever your surrounding are you want your profile to blend in. Otherwise you will look exactly like a pile of died burlap.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:08 pm

The best part about your own ghillie is as your making it you know its flaws. Thus you can compensate in the field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can I get a ghillie Suit   Where can I get a ghillie Suit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where can I get a ghillie Suit
Page 1 of 1