Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

TM mp5 problem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JMAN72
Private
Private

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:22 pm

I have had a Tm mp5 for about two years now. I bought it from airsoftshop.com with all of the upgrades that they offer. I also got a few large batteries but for some reason when i charge these batteries now, they will only work for about a half hour of play. I have one of those smart chargers ,and i bought another battery to make sure, so i know they are not burned out. does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 1:41 am

It could be that you're using the wrong batteries for the gun. From what I understand, you're using a smart charger, so that might be a problem. I'm thinking the batteries are outsmarting it and only making it shut off before the charge is complete. How long are you charging them for?
Back to top Go down
JMAN72
Private
Private

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:42 pm

usually about 5 hours. The batteries are large and fit in the gun, i thought those were the right batteries. A friend of mine told me that motor isn't good. I don't know the inner workings of my gun so i don't know what that means. However i have given it to my local shop and they said it was fine. I don't know though. It shoots fine for a little while so i think it must be the batteries.

and thanks
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:46 pm

What Mah batteries are these, and why do you think they are only running about half life? Also are these NiMh or NiCd?

sticks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Well ok now how long have you had these batteries , and how long and often do you charge these because some of the cheaper made batteries work fine before a few charges but after so many they wear out just like a cell phone or a computer . Also try to make sure that the batteries are staying charged and the charging cord isn't just falling out of it . It could be somethhing simple like that however it could not even be your batteries at all and it could just be your gun Although I am about ninety nine percent sure that it isn't your gun at all it is still a pretty decent possibility have you tried these batteries out with any other gun just to rule the gun problems out . So let us know some more soon ok and we wiell help you the best that we can ok . Keep us in touch buddy .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
JMAN72
Private
Private

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:30 pm

SO i spent the night charging my batteries up and i used them a little today. They worked for about an hour and then i used my friends batteries which are much smaller and they worked for the rest of the day. So i guess i just have crap batteries.

Thanks for your help
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:31 pm

Sounds good. Wish you luck
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:34 pm

I reccomend you make sure your using the correct voltage, and charger. Some smart chargers only work with different kinds of batteries like NiCd only. Make sure it is a UNIVERSAL smart charger before you charge another battery on it.

If you don't have a UNIVERSAL smart charger, they go for around $30 at airsoftgi.com or you can buy a $25 one at Allbattery.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:35 pm

You probably have NiCd, and charged them too short the first time you used them.

NiCd has a memory, which means that they can only charge as long as the previous charge.

Ie, you are going to a game tomorrow, it was a last minute thing so you can only charge it for 3 hours. This means the next time you charge them, they will only hold a 3 hour charge etc etc.

sticks
Back to top Go down
JMAN72
Private
Private

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Wow i didnt know batteries did that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:49 pm

Ya me neither. Do li-pos do that too?
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:54 pm

I didnt know that good thing two , although my Echo 1 Mp5 is the only electric airsoft gun that I has it is still very important to know .
Back to top Go down
JMAN72
Private
Private

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:01 pm

I wish i would have gotten an echo 1 mp5. I have used it and i prefer to mine.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:04 pm

In the end, it's the man behind the gun not the ammount you paid on it. If you have experience, you can make do with just about any gun you can get. For a while I was using the crappy $100 replicas and I was still an effective warfighter.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:08 pm

Who said anything about price , well anyway . This is about as far as this topic can go I believe .
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:10 pm

lol no I'm talking to Jiman.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:20 pm

Oh lol then continiue but whenever did he mention any prices .
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:21 pm

I don't know...I'm tired...
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Ok I believe you , but well anyway , ah . Good job finding out whats wrong with your battery J MAN 72 lol .

Last edited by Alabama_Sniper on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JMAN72
Private
Private

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:31 pm

relative the people i play with, my gun is amazing, but from what i understand, its just average. I really like it but i know that there are better guns out there. And some that might not have cost so much
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Well, you don't neccesarily need a high end l33t gun if your just doing backyard wars, but if you do plan on seriously getting into airsoft and possibly joining a uniformed team, I would buy a high end base gun. This is a gun made with high end parts but only meets the same stock performance you may find with JG and E1. And if you decide to, the high end base will allow you to upgrade to exceed in whichever area you depend on most Speed (RoF), Accuracy (groupings), and Velocity (FPS).

So all im saying, don't worry about anything now, if you want to plan ahead. Start shopping and creating a plan on what kind of gun you may want to buy and also note any new releases that may come out in the next few months/years.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:03 am

Yeah but its really what ever you want to do . Congrafulations on fixing your gun by the way .
Back to top Go down
JMAN72
Private
Private

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:36 pm

I used to play with some guys that were pretty legit, but they all moved on and now im stuck with a bunch of guys who don't know what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TM mp5 problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: TM mp5 problem   TM mp5 problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TM mp5 problem
Page 1 of 1