Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Use of Kill Cards and shot recording

Go down 
+3
Satan
slob212
Spl. Durkee
7 posters

Do you find "Kill Cards" to be usefull?
Yes
Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Vote_lcap38%Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
No
Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Vote_lcap15%Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
In some situations
Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Vote_lcap46%Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Empty
PostSubject: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:44 pm

The Sniper's Shot Card Should Include:

Objective Information
--Est. target height
--Target's weapons
--Target's uniform/Clothing/Etc.
--Stationary/Moving (if moving, direction)
--Other target information

Conditions
--Wind
--Distance
--Various weather data
--Temperature
--Time of day
--Direction of sunlight

Target strike
--First shot's strike location
--Second shot correction (if needed)
--Bodily round impact (where the shot hit the person)
--Remarks: Was this impact called?
--Total rounds fired (at single target)

Weapon Setup
--Weapon type/model/make
--Any upgrades
--FPS at time of shot
--Scope type
--Magnification
--Weight of round (.20, .25, .28, etc.)

After every kill I write down this information.
This way, when I come across situations with similar conditions, range, etc., I can refer to my shot cards to get scope adjustments.
If you don't use them already, I'd really advise you do.
It really makes your job as a marksman a heck of alot easier.
Make sure you write down all the vital information needed when taking a shot at a hostile target.

If anyone wants a printable "kill card" let me know, I've got plenty and I can email it to you.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:02 am

It does add a nice touch to the HardCore Role Players, especially the Players that do long events and games.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Well I don't have all of that I write down their class, wind, postion, (standing crounched or prone). Uphill, downhill, level, wind speed, direction, time it was taken, and whether it was a hit or not. Then I recreate those conditions and try to make the shot again.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:14 pm

I don't think they would be useful per say, but I do think using them would be cool.

sticks
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:11 pm

I would consider using one, but it would just sit in my bag. They only thing I want to start recording is my kill to death ratio.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Ya I suppose it take alot of work to actually use them, but they pay off once you get a seemingly impossible shot and just have to look back in your records, set your scope, and pull the trigger. I've had good luck with them dispite the need to keep up with writting and everything. I just made this thread to maybe give some people ideas on how to improve their skills and maybe give feedback on my system Very Happy You guys are great anyway. I'm going to maybe try and make an electronic version to put on a PDA or something that I can use to record info faster.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:51 am

Question, how do you tell how fast the fps is?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:10 am

Well you'd calculate the FPS based on your average cronoed FPS, since it would be obviously idiotic and time consuming carrying around a crono with your and using it every time you fired eh? Although FPS's can differ because of multiple factors, the environment's effect on the FPS in an electric or spring gun would be hardly noticeable and would'nt effect your shot records trumendously.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:40 am

I see okay. But If you were to use gas it would be more noticeable?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:44 am

Yes, gas rifles fluxuate FPS in massive ammounts. This method would be less reliable with such guns.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:53 am

Okay
but how can you test how far the fps goes counting distance? As in, let me put this in a scenario from sc village.

We are playing in the field Germany. I have a DM rifle with me. Lets say, a cyma M14? The wind is pushing about 3 miles left. I am on the spawn point that is on the trail. I walk up and hide in the bush, and I see 4 people without bands (lets say I'm on the band team) about lets say, 70 feet to my 1:00 side? Their right next to the dirt path right next to the helicopter, cowardly hiding behind bushes. I face them, but I worry my gun will miss, and I will be found. How do I find the fps it goes in the distance?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:01 am

Well if your scope is outfitted with mil-dots, you can use them to calculate distance and windage. You can calculate wind speed by either estimation or handheld wind gauge.
The FPS after the flight of the BB would be significantly slower downrange (i.e: a 400 FPS shot would impact with maybe 200 FPS or so at the target) so the majority of the wind's effect would take place near the target. I'm still trying to find a formula for calulating the FPS on impact (based on shot FPS at muzzle) and if anyone knows it, please post.

Did I answer your question Mike? If not, clarify more.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:03 am

yeah thanks. Answered
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:20 pm

i would love to use them but i don't have the time to keep up and i have a gas rifle so its extremely hard to account for the fps at the given shot
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Use of Kill Cards and shot recording   Use of Kill Cards and shot recording Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Use of Kill Cards and shot recording
Page 1 of 1