Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa)

Go down 
+2
mgunner564
Spl. Durkee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa) Empty
PostSubject: Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa)   Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:11 pm

What are the advantages of having a bolt action marksmanship rifle over a semi auto marksmanship rifle, and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa)   Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:30 pm

well obviously you have the semi has a better ROF than bolt action but it is a lot louder also, and with semi you will most likely have a lager mag capacity. and the BA(bolt action) can take nearly everything from the elements were as the semi auto(most likely an AEG) can get wet ans short circuit
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa)   Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:33 pm

Cool that was exactly the kind of answer I'm looking for. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa)   Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Yeah, bolt action rifles are allot simpler and consequently allot more reliable than a SASS.

Semi auto parts are allot easier to get though.

But bolt action's usually only need to upgrade once(excluding hopup rubber), some SASS' need constant maintenance.

IMO, unless you're a dedicated sniper a SASS is the only way to go. So many follow up shots are needed in airsoft its not even funny.

sticks.
Back to top Go down
HoboBob
Major
Major
HoboBob

PostSubject: Re: Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa)   Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Like every one in here said the semi auto will have a better ROF and magazine capacity but will be louder. I agree with that statement that a semi-auto sniper is the way to go because with spring sniper rifles its more waiting then action. You might wait a whole game for a single kill. Ive tried both and I prefer having the semi-auto gun but thats just my opinion, you should do whatever you think is more fun for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/recon6
Toby Jacobs
Private
Private
Toby Jacobs

PostSubject: Re: Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa)   Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:22 pm

Yeah its largely a matter of opinion. I prefer bolt action simply because i feel in tune with it. i have no clue why. I just like it.
Back to top Go down
organdonor
Private
Private
organdonor

PostSubject: Re: Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa)   Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 11:11 pm

Personally. Thats what it is about. Personal preference. I like the M24 bolt action if I am with a scout and it is a long op. Short games held on small fields i prefer semi auto. M14 or sr25. Usually you are shooting and scooting before long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa)   Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advantages of bolt action over semi auto (and vice versa)
Page 1 of 1