Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Concerning head shots...

Go down 
+24
p51dmustang
M14 double-taps
Satan
TacOps Utah
Jman
LaserSailorRy
slob212
djstasevich
TheJim
.25 Gram Sniper
Lone Wolf
Admin
SniperL96
Alabama_Sniper
Torch34
Tater
Fox13
Sentinel
Seabass_9000
wf sniper
sticks.13
Halo0004
Dark Knight
Roamer
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Concerning head shots... Empty
PostSubject: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:11 pm

Let me just say that this is my opinion, I am entitled to it and you are entitled to your own.

Head shots seem to me to be a degrading to our sport. To me there is nothing sportsmanlike about aiming for a head shot. I always advise people at my airsoft functions (rather small but functions none the less) NOT to aim for the head. My exact words,
"If the only bodypart you can see is the head, then shoot for it. Otherwise don't aim for the head because it is not as safe and not as practical as shooting for center mass."
I would have to say that if I noticed somebody at an event that I had ANY part of racking up head shots consecutively, I would ask them to leave. Sure it is thrilling to know you landed an amazing shot on a target, but do any of you feel it helps you grow as a sniper. Does anybody feel that it is helping the prosperity of our sport that we all obviously enjoy so much!?! I think this is a stupid (not ignorant) part of sniping that needs to go as soon as possible.
I hope that I am blowing something out of proportion, but it seems to me that a lot of newcomers to airsoft sniping brag about head shots. I really hate to see this.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Dark Knight
Corporal
Corporal
Dark Knight

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:18 pm

People who are "head-shooter" tend to run a lower accuracy %, this is simply do to the fact that they're aiming for a smaller target. If that's ther MO then i'm all for it. I've been shot in the Head a few times. I didn't feel i was in any danger at the time. Plus with the nature of gravity if you aim for a headshot the natural drop of the bb can have a chance to hit the body.

DK
Back to top Go down
Halo0004
Private
Private
Halo0004

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:27 pm

I normaly aim center mass, like heart area, in real life, thats is just as bad as being shot in the head,if i can though for the fact it's airsoft a little bit of wind is going to really throw your BB off more then say in real life it would a bullet.. So if it does, you can still have a chance of a confirmed kill.. And if you do shoot in the head, It could end up not well. And braging in airsoft for anything to me is pretty n00bish..

Last edited by Halo0004 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:29 pm

i agree with roamer on this one, head shots are not cool at all. its ok if its a long shot and somehow got to the head on accident (people moving, crouching etc etc), if you shoot someone in the head on accident then its ok. the only problem i have with it is when people come into the game and think that airsoft is just the real version of CoD and purposefully try to get head shots. a couple of games ago i got shot in the head near the neck by my ear. yes it stung, yes i called it, and yes it was probably a very good shot. when i got back to the staging area for lunch the sniper who had shot me came up and apologized to me for the head shot. i thought this was extremely kind of him and that it took alot of courage to man up and say sorry, unfortunately i never got his name but ever since if i shot someone in the head and was close enough to recognize them then i would follow in this snipers steps and apologize during the lunch break or after the games were done. believe me it has a lasting effect when people come and apologize for something that was accidental. i think we should all follow in his foot steps and apologize when you shoot someone in the head.

to the newer players: head shots are not cool and they certainly dont make you more "l33t" so just dont do it. its cool if it was accidental but dont purposely do it.

k im done Smile

sticks
Back to top Go down
Halo0004
Private
Private
Halo0004

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:33 pm

Sticks i must say, thats deffinatly a good thing we should all practice, I do it as well if i can, it can be hard to find out who it is at times, but still a good thing to do. And i have been shot in the ear before by a 550 FPS sniper, and my ears were ringer afterwards..

Bottom line, Purpose headshots arn't "super awesome". It's a totaly different ball game if you were talking about real life military were you are trained to take headshots to confirm the kill.This it airsoft guys, it's a "friendly" sport, lets keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
wf sniper
Corporal
Corporal
wf sniper

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:07 pm

i agree i usaully shoot at the center mass enless i only see the head and even if i only see the head i pass up the shot if they only have goggles on
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:20 am

Basically, I just go with the method: if it is the ONLY thing I can see, then that is what is getting shot. I dont want to injure players or dis-respect them in any way. Its just that chances are if they were in my shoes they would do the same... and honestly I wouldnt blame them for it or have hard feelings over it if they did. I am competitive and my replica's are accurate... generally I am able to shoot players in the arms, elbows, legs or whatever else is sticking out from behind cover. If they are in the open it is 2 in the chest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:21 pm

Depends on who it is. If its a kid trash talking or i just don't like them, and I have a sure shot, I'll pop them in the head. Otherwise body shots are way more practical and taking head shots isn't necessary.
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:10 pm

Yes I do agree with you guys but if we are playing vitals then yes I will aim for the head. It's just airsoft, it doesn't hurt that bad.
Back to top Go down
Tater
Private
Private
Tater

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 pm

id have to aggree i will only take a head shot if its the only thing i can get a shot at....any other time its a center mass shot it not only gives me a better chance to get a hit but it dosent hurt the other person as much im out there to have fun not to hurt other people....unless its a person who wont take hits then i unleash(you know what).!!!! in full auto!!! Twisted Evil
but in all honesty i dont aim for the head unless i have too
Back to top Go down
Torch34
Private
Private
Torch34

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:46 pm

well i agree if its the only thing i see and they have a helmet on
otherwise i wait for them to stick the rest of their about-to-be-annihalated bodies out from cover then BANG! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:41 am

I just shoot what ever they expose what can i say i am not pikey
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:23 am

I don't play with "Head-Shooters" because I'm always afraid that they'll shoot my eyes out.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:50 pm

SniperL96 wrote:
I don't play with "Head-Shooters" because I'm always afraid that they'll shoot my eyes out.

Something tells me you're not wearing proper eye protection then. My eyes are the last thing of concern for me when talking about "head-shooters" because I know they're protected by my full-seal goggles. My biggest concern is losing teeth. I've yet to see it happen to anyone I'm playing with, but I've heard instances where a player, typically a sniper with a high-powered rifle, will get a head shot, hitting the player in the mouth and busting out a tooth. That's why several players wear mouth guards at large events. Mouth guards aren't really for me though because they restrict both breathing and communication which are vital during play, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered it before. To lower the chances I just make sure not to run around with my mouth wide open and during firefights I keep my mouth shut and simply breathe through my nose. Problem solved Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:09 pm

I think when he said they'll shoot my eyes out it was an expression. think I spelled that right .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:12 pm

You have to blame alot of FPS for creating the frenzy for headshots. Ocasionally with my AEG if im close enough and aim upper chest, the hop up will curve to the head, if it was screwed around earlier to make a shot. FULL BURST...so it would leave them pretty p/o.

That was very kind for that person to do. and i will follow in that example
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:37 pm

Personally I shoot for the chest because the head is too small,the BB could curve, and I don't want to take the chance of blinding the person I'm shooting at(in case his glasses fall down).
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:57 pm

Shoot for the sternum it presents the biggest margin for error.

Only IDIOTS deliberately aim for the head and brag as if they are playing a video game

NB to whoever it was that says in real life snipers sometimes aim for the body, not true. I know a British army sniper who says that a lot of the guys they go up against are wired on adrenaline, crack or angel dust to the point where they barely notice a torso hit from a 7.62 (sure it'll kill them but they'll still be mobile, and therefore a threat, for a few more seconds)

He always aims for the base of the head so he will consistently get a head or spinal column hit. Hit the central nervous system in any way and your target becomes unresponsive and is downed instantly.

Jim
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:46 pm

I don't enjoy head shooters just because it down right hurts. I hate aiming for the head because I feel bad when I see the other player hurt. I know it is a wimpy thing tosay but I like to have fun out there ,and when you see someone holding their head I feel bad. Especialy if i took the shot.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:49 pm

This is going to be a FUN topic Very Happy ,

No matter what, even if it means that I might get hit, I won´t take a head shot !

I have seen players with shot out teeth, a complete through and through in the ear, and BB´s stuck in the chin and cheeks of other players.

Sorry, knowing that I might be the cause of such an injury, is not worth it, It´s a Game, and when all is said and done, at the end we should all be going home pretty much the same way as when we arrived.

I´ll take the injury when they happen, but if it is done intentionaly, there are going to be problems on the playing field.

Most times if you can out wait the opposing player, you will get a good and safe shot.
Back to top Go down
LaserSailorRy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:32 am

A head shot seems to be legit, if it's the only target avaliable. This is how I was trained in the Military and this is how I play. I shoot for center mass beacause the bigger the target the better the chance of hitting it. However if the head is all you can see, then i think it's okay to take the shot.

Now for safety, I only play with people who use full seal goggles. As far as hitting teeth, the chance of that happening to someone is just as good coming from a guys AEG as from a sniper rifle, so whatever. I usually play with a mouth guard, nobody's gonna mess up my pearly whites.
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:58 am

i have shot my friend in the head and the only reason i took the shot was because he had his helmet back so it was covering his neck and i was 20ft behind him and the fence block from neck down so i took the shot and hit the helmet which dented it in a metal helmet (this is from a 600fps gun)
and it gave him a headache. so my advice don't shoot the head even if he is waring protection unless he shoots at you because my friend after could not even walk straight for the rest of the day.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 4:44 am

LaserSailorRy
I agree that you can lose a pearly white just as easily from a AEG as from a Sniper Rifle, but taking the Head shot increases the chance of knocking one out. Anybody that dosn´t wear proper Eye protection and plays the Game is a Fool !

The point that I was trying to make was, that even if you opponent is only exposing thier head, sooner or later he/she is going to be moving, offering a better and larger target. The Snipers on the Field are the patient players, the players that use the method of thinking, `` I know where I´m at, you want me? Come and get me !!´´. Even when a Sniper goes on the ``Hunt´´, He/she moves with greater care, Look, Scan, Listen, then think about moving.

Something to think about, if your opponent is only exposing his/her head, and you feel the absolute need to take the shot, a head shot is If-y at best, so you miss, all that you have accomplished is warning everbody that there is a Sniper, and they are in Range, so they re-act, either by pulling back, attempt to and maybe even locate your position and then move against you, now you are stuck between a rock and a hard spot, you are pretty much forced to change position, you have warned your opponent that you are in the area, and you have a larger force moving against you. Not worth the shot in my opinion, but what the hey, thats just me, i would rather have the 100% hit, than the 75% chance hit.
Back to top Go down
TacOps Utah
Private
Private
TacOps Utah

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:58 am

With the group that I play with, we have very specific rules of engagement and head shots are NOT allowed. AT ALL.

We're all friends and coworkers, and we're just out having some fun and blowing off steam. (Believe me when I tell you there is NO stress reliever better then emptying a 300 round AEG magazine at your boss). There is no need to compromise safety and piss someone off that you have to work with every day thereafter.

If your only shot is a head shot, don't take it, something else will present itself shortly.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 6:31 pm

I take headshots and specificly to the left gogle or forehead. This is almost like my mark and the mark of those who Itrain. I people who know me are shot there they think to themselves. Satan. In paintball I lways hit the goggles because it covers your sight completly so all you see is balck and its the scariest feeling. Yu see the ball and then all goes black one guy on a feild fell down and kept screaming untill a ref wiped off the paint he pissed himself im not proud of this but it shows that if you mess with me the end result is not good. Pople here about this and experience it and when they know one of my trainees is playing or me they keep the heads a little lower walk a little quieter are a little more paranoid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerning head shots...   Concerning head shots... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concerning head shots...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next