Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

40mm grenades not working

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
2wild4u
Private
Private

40mm grenades not working Empty
PostSubject: 40mm grenades not working   40mm grenades not working Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:17 am

i recently bought a couple of 40mm grenades and they are not holding gas, ive taken it apart and nothing seems wrong. any help will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: 40mm grenades not working   40mm grenades not working Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:48 pm

One of the reasons I do not like green gas is become, when it comes to loading the gas, I seem to be an idiot and can't do it.

So maybe you are just loading wrong.
Have you talked with your manufacturer? they may know what is wrong or what might go wrong.
Lastly, compare your grenades with another, working grenade and see if you can find any defects.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: 40mm grenades not working   40mm grenades not working Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Well taking the grenade apart voided any warranty that you might have had, so you're going to have to fix and find defects yourself. It seems as though either the chamber is leaking or the valve is broken.

If the chamber is broken, try using some kind of chemical sealant.

If the fill valve is broken, you can contact the manufacturer and see if they sell them.

Like I said, your warranty is probably voided by doing any work on them or taking them apart. If the product or manufacturer has a forum of some sort, see if anyone else has reported known defects.

What brand are they?
Back to top Go down
2wild4u
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: 40mm grenades not working   40mm grenades not working Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:28 pm

i bought them used. and i don't know yet what brand.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: 40mm grenades not working   40mm grenades not working Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:38 pm

Ok, never buy used unless you get the chance to actually test out the product in question. Chances are you just got scammed, because now you probably can't return it.

Did you buy from a company or privately?

If you bought from a company, even used you can probably do a return.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: 40mm grenades not working   40mm grenades not working Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:50 pm

Thats a real bummer 2Wild. Like AFU suggested, make sure you test any future product you buy used, before you make the transaction. Scams and melon sales are all too common nowadays in airsoft. Buying from a trusted retailer is your best bet.

What you need to do is contact the seller RIGHT NOW if you still have his contact information. You can try and get him/her/them to refund your money. Threaten legal action if he refuses. If you can, give me his email and I'll go pose as a lawyer :p
(no kidding though, I've done it before and it worked).

Can you possibly post a picture of them?
We can possibly/probably figure out what brand they are.

Question for my own knowledge: Just how much did you pay for each grenade anyways?

Best of luck to you comrade.
Back to top Go down
2wild4u
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: 40mm grenades not working   40mm grenades not working Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:40 am

30 bucks a grenade. i talked to him and he is going to help me out. i don't have a camera at the moment. all i know is that 2 of them are 160+ bbs and the other is 50+
Back to top Go down
2wild4u
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: 40mm grenades not working   40mm grenades not working Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:44 pm

i took the grenades to APD( arizona paintball depot) and they took the grenade apart and there weren't any bearings. so now i have too buy some bearings.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: 40mm grenades not working   40mm grenades not working Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Ok well that should be a rather simple and inexpensive fix.
If you have any problems after replacing the bearings let us know and we can help you out.

Even with the missing bearings, you made a pretty good purchase from what I can see.
$30 per grenade is excellent in my book.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40mm grenades not working   40mm grenades not working Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40mm grenades not working
Page 1 of 1