Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Working Out

Go down 
+10
NoNeed2Hate
A. sniper
M14 double-taps
Sanguinary Angel
gentry
alexkmmll
Spl. Durkee
DrummerBoyz95
Insane Mercc
Creed769
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Well, I've been working out regularly for about a year, and just started a high protein diet.
Just wondering if anyone else here works out.
So tell me what you do! As well as measurements of arms etc...

I measured my arms, and they are 14.5 inches around.
I am 6,2 and weigh 220lbs.
Routine:
day 1:
I currently life 40lbs each arm, 10reps max. 2 sets. (Bicep)
Then I lift 50lbs bar slowly, 15 reps. 2 sets. (Bicep)
Tricep Kick backs, Tricep Dips.
Push Ups.
day 2:
Cardio workout-20-25 min of continuous work.
Sit ups
day 1
day 2
on and on
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:56 am

Obsess much?....
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:56 am

Ever since I pissed off Zeus, I was forced to hold up the heavens on my shoulders... that's a pretty good workout right?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:27 am

Ya I went through that whole "I'mma get big" stage...
...gotta say, one of the stupidest times of my life.

1. High protein = high risk (cholesterol, kidney damage, deficiencies, and more! Bring it!?)
2. Big healthy or fit (nor is it a long term lifestyle change)
3. Big "getting the gurlies"

Just be aware of the cons. The pros may seem worth it...but I'd rather be healthy than have a big arms.
Other than that...focus more on triceps than biceps if you are trying to get big arms. The triceps are naturally larger and stronger Very Happy (<--yay for last minute adding of relevant information so your post doesnt get removed for going off topic!)
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:00 am

Hahahhaa.
Yeah, alot of my friends have been in hospital for protein "OD." (Olive Drab?)
But I'm already REALLY big. I don't need to bulk up, I just want to be stronger, so I can someday be Jack Bauer. *wink*

Right now my primary focus is cardio, because it burns fat, which I do need to lost 10lbs of it.
As of right now I'm in pretty good shape, I can run, I can lift.
So really I want to grow a bit more, then maintain it by getting cut.
Durkee is right about the dangers though.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:22 am

I don't really work out, I just stay fit. I just do things like Sit ups and pull ups, and push ups.
I do some different pushups though:
-Regular push up
-Clapping push up (I don't really know their name, but you just push your arms off the ground and clap xD)
-Jumping push ups (←These are by far the best. I believe I saw the Royal Marines doing them. You just use all your body strength to push your whole body off the ground. It works your abs, shoulders, biceps, legs, and butt! They're freakin great!)
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:30 am

Do some sun gods and pull UPS
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 am

run with bricks in your hands, like Rocky after an intense ab work out. Always a fun time, Guaranteed bounce
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:01 pm

I switch off between Core lifts and explosive lifts, Bench press, incline, Dead Lift, Squat, and Squat variations, then theres the Clean, Push Press, Jerk Press, and then Abdominal work and then some Plyometrics (SP?) and cardio. All of which do great things for your body as long as you're smart about lifting...Breakfast is obviously important, and so is staying hydrated and staying within your limits.

As long as you do all of these things, working out is not bad for you....it's actually really, really good for you...
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:14 pm

I put alot of emphasis on my core. tons of situps and pushups, with some pullups thrown in for good measure. btw, here's a couple pushup variations I didn't see mentioned:
diamond pushups-hands together on the ground in front of you with your fingers forming a diamond-like shape (hence the name). you put your nose into the diamond for every rep. try ten of those and see how you feel Very Happy

I'm not sure what this next one's called, but it works your triceps more than a conventional pushup. you start with your elbows against your ribs and your hands right under your chest, almost in line with your pecks. bend your elbows back and go straight down, almost touching your chest to the ground. works wonders for your triceps.

when I talk about workout, I put alot of emphasis on pushups. they're probably my favorite exercise technique. I do want to do some light lifting though. I'm sixteen and I only weigh 120 at 5'9". I could use some more mass and I got a weight bench collecting dust in my garage. add in a couple miles of jogging and you got yourself an exercise routine.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:28 pm

I never work out Razz I'm 6'1-6'2" ish ( haven't had my height checked for some time)
I'm weighting at a solid 165 Razz
im super buff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Seriously though all that fancy work out equipment is overrated. Sure you may not have the cut built of some dude that all he does is go to the gym. Like all i do for any kinda workout are, climbing, running, push ups, sit ups, and different varieties of core work out. Ultimately chopping wood during the summer for the oncoming winter is where the real work out is.

mental and balance exercises are also important
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:34 pm

A. sniper wrote:
diamond pushups-hands together on the ground in front of you with your fingers forming a diamond-like shape (hence the name). you put your nose into the diamond for every rep. try ten of those and see how you feel Very Happy

I'm not sure what this next one's called, but it works your triceps more than a conventional pushup. you start with your elbows against your ribs and your hands right under your chest, almost in line with your pecks. bend your elbows back and go straight down, almost touching your chest to the ground. works wonders for your triceps.

Ha, I learned the Diamond last summer and have been doing it ever since, and I learned the other you mentioned but three weeks ago and they're really great.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Cough Cough, Muscle weighs more then fat, Cough Cough.
Sorry guys, I have a bit of a cold.
Carry on. xD
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Private
Private

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:34 pm

I use to go to the gym for 45 minutes each day aswell as do cardio for 1 hour each day back in the summer, but now that school has started up again, I haven't been able to do that much. Most days I'll do 60 minutes of cardio, or 40 minutes of cardio & 30 minutes in the gym. Haven't gone to the gym to much in a while though (only on the weekends), so I lost quite a bit of the muscle I gained over the summer.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Sanguinary Angel wrote:
Seriously though all that fancy work out equipment is overrated. Sure you may not have the cut built of some dude that all he does is go to the gym. Like all i do for any kinda workout are, climbing, running, push ups, sit ups, and different varieties of core work out. Ultimately chopping wood during the summer for the oncoming winter is where the real work out is.
Could not agree more. I had a membership to LA Fitness...but I never went A) Cuz I HATE exercising in front of others B) I don't need to be seeing 70 year old asian guys walking around naked in the locker rooms C) It's boring! Nothing beats just getting out into the world and "just going". Run for 5 minutes, stop and do some push ups or crunches...repeat until tired or you've ran yourself into a bad neighborhood Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:39 am

lol bad neighborhood lol

Ruck "Marching" is my favorite lol
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:49 am

Grab a deck of Cards,

Ace to 5 = Diamond Push ups
6 to 10 = Normal Push ups
Jack, Queen, King = Wide Arm Pushups,

Jokers = 100 Flutter Kicks ( Four Count )
Double up your Jokers, Small Jokers = 50 Crunches, Large Jokers = 100 Flutter Kicks

Do one deck, tell me how you feel Twisted Evil

( You guys going into the Mil., Get used to it ! Your going to learn to hate those freaking playing cards, LOL )
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:55 pm

slob212 wrote:
Grab a deck of Cards,

Double up your Jokers, Small Jokers = 50 Crunches, Large Jokers = 100 Flutter Kicks

( You guys going into the Mil., Get used to it ! Your going to learn to hate those freaking playing cards, LOL )
I feel like an idiot for asking, but what are flutter kicks?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:43 pm

they are when you lay on your back lift you legs up in the air (about 6-12 inches of the ground) and you kick them back and forth (or up and down if you wanna get technical Razz )

Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:54 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
they are when you lay on your back lift you legs up in the air (about 6-12 inches of the ground) and you kick them back and forth (or up and down if you wanna get technical Razz )

ah yes, one of my most hated exersices. I could do pushups all day, but that? ugh! *shudders*
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:43 pm

flutter kicks are very fun they work your abdomen area
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:41 am

slob212 wrote:
Grab a deck of Cards,

Who is this guy and why does he always have the best input on every thread?! Laughing
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:14 am

M14 double-taps wrote:
slob212 wrote:
Grab a deck of Cards,

Who is this guy and why does he always have the best input on every thread?! Laughing

silly goose, he's slob Very Happy the amazing and all knowing moderator! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:40 pm

slob212 wrote:
Grab a deck of Cards,

Just did this for PT at drill. Quite a workout, my arms still are a bit sore.
Only.. It was different,
Diamonds were Diamond Pushups
Clubs were In and Outs
Spades were V-Up Situps
Hearts were Wide Arm Pushups
We did the number on the card, face cards equaled ten of the specific workout, aces were 25
Jokers were Egyptian Pushups <-- Ultimately the hardest thing to do there. Thats what made my arms hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dancsbt
Sponsored content

Working Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Out   Working Out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working Out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next