Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

DM and Snipers

Go down 
+3
djstasevich
Zane
inferno350z
7 posters
AuthorMessage
inferno350z
Corporal
Corporal
inferno350z

DM and Snipers Empty
PostSubject: DM and Snipers   DM and Snipers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:53 pm

What is the major difference between DM and Sniper?
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

DM and Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM and Snipers   DM and Snipers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:24 pm

DM uses a full or semi auto AEG and moves with the main element with the goal of strategic elimination. A sniper will use a rifle that is either spring or gas and in rare cases a semi auto AEG with the goal of acting as scout-recon, harassment strategic elimination. A sniper willl spend alot of time crawling around looking for strategic targets and will normaly not see as much "action". If you are a new player I would recomend going for DM as most new players find sniping boring. Remember sniping is not like in the movies. DM will use weapons like the CA8-2,M14, G36 type rifles and custom made DM rifles. Snipers will use rifles such as the Maruzen L96 or the TM PSG-1.
Back to top Go down
inferno350z
Corporal
Corporal
inferno350z

DM and Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM and Snipers   DM and Snipers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:00 pm

I am not new and have been sniping for about a year now I was just wondering the difference thanks.
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

DM and Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM and Snipers   DM and Snipers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:04 pm

I believe that a DM will take up a whole lot of anti sniper missions too. Hence the long range weapons to counter the snipers and put up competition.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
sticks.13

DM and Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM and Snipers   DM and Snipers Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:38 pm

A DM is what you might consider a sniper in video games... A sniper is more of a fixed gun that pops shots off at targets that come to him. Thats the very basics, if you want to "snipe" I suggest you grab an AEG and get good at taking long shots. I find that a DM is a much more effective form of sniper, but only in terms of kills. If you don't mind sitting on your butt and calling in allot of info then being a "sniper" is not bad at all. Another option that you might want to look into is a mobile sniper, basically a DM that does not run with a squad. This role does not exist in the real military but it is a very very effective role when used in airsoft as it allows the CO to choose whether he needs info or a DM in a matter of seconds. If you can find a more asymmetric role PM me now!!!! Very Happy

sticks
Back to top Go down
organdonor
Private
Private
organdonor

DM and Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM and Snipers   DM and Snipers Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:51 pm

If you read Gunnery Sgt Jack Coughlins book,"Shooter" he has actually lobbied while in the Marine Corps. for mobile snipers. Fast moving shooters to move with the flow of a quick battle. In Iraq he used the tctic to good success as their forces would move so fast that a conventional sniper in hiding would have been left in the dust. There is some controversy as to how many confirmed klls he actually scored there but the book is an awesome read for anyone interested in the craft.
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

DM and Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM and Snipers   DM and Snipers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:30 pm

may be a stupid question but is this book the same as the movie "shooter" or is it just kinda tactics? If its the movie i'm not interested (was an awesome movie but i don't need the read the book too) if its tactics then where can you pick this thing up
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
inferno350z
Corporal
Corporal
inferno350z

DM and Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM and Snipers   DM and Snipers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:05 am

no the book is actually a true story.
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

DM and Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM and Snipers   DM and Snipers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:19 pm

Murder wrote:
may be a stupid question but is this book the same as the movie "shooter" or is it just kinda tactics? If its the movie i'm not interested (was an awesome movie but i don't need the read the book too) if its tactics then where can you pick this thing up

no questions are stupid and the movie was good. a marksman ca nme u are just good with a gun like a pistol marksman . uno what i mean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DM and Snipers Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM and Snipers   DM and Snipers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DM and Snipers
Page 1 of 1