Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense   Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:22 pm

--THE BIG PICTURE--
Airsoft as a whole is in defensive mode. Since the games inception, our government and governments abroad have been trying to ban the game so many of us enjoy. In the UK, you now have to obtain a license to operate airsoft replicas unless they are "two-tone" (neon green or yellow). In many countries and counties, airsoft is outlawed all together! Who's to say that tomorrow there wont be a politician or concerned citizen in your city hall proposing further restricions on YOUR airsoft replicas? We the players, reviewers, supporters, and reenactors need to be the first wave in changing the public's view of the hobby.

--USE APPROPRIATE PHRASES WHEN REFERING TO AIRSOFT--
For one, I've noticed an increasing amount of video reviewers and players refering to airsoft gaming as "war" or "battle". This is something that is very harmfull to the public's image of airsoft. Airsoft is not in any way, shape, or form "war" and if the public views it as such...we will lose the public's support. I would like to request on behalf of the rest of the airsoft community that we all refrain from using phrases that could lead to misunderstandings that airsoft replicas and their users are bent on causing harm, damage, and destruction. Common sense is key.

--PLAYING IN SCHOOLS, PARKS, AND OTHER PUBLIC PLACES--
I know what the majority of you are thinking: "Who's that dumb?".
Your answer: Over 4,000 arrests and detainments are made each year because of people (mainly youth) playing airsoft in schools and other illegal venues (according toSan Gabriel Valley SD). I personally know multiple people who have made the mistake of playing in schools and have had their replicas confiscated, been charged with concealed carrying of weapons, or other charges and fines. I realize that that most of you reading this are rolling your eyes by now because you aren't dumb enough to pull crap like that. I congratulate and thank you for that. But it still needs to be said and I hope you can pass it on to people you know ARE dumb enough to: Playing airsoft in schools is not only illegal, It can result in you or others being detained, fined, having you gear confiscated, and even in advanced cases...death. Officers have every right to draw and fire their WEAPONS on you and take your life if they feel that they are in danger. We play airsoft to offer a way for the everyday civilian to experience combat in an environment unlike real warfare: no casualties, no injuries, no harm (other than nice little welts). An afternoon of airsoft shouldnt be a death wish: be wise when chosing where to play.

--PROPER TRANSPORTATION AND STORAGE OF REPLICAS--
You're a police officer about to write a driver a ticket for a broken tail light. It's an average traffic stop and you think nothing of it. As you begin walking back to your patrol car to finalize the ticket, you notice something in the back seat of the man's vehicle. It's an assault rifle. Your instincts kick in as your hand drops to your holster, preparing to draw and detain the driver, knowing very well that this could become a bloody shootout. Fumbling for your radio as you try to casually walk to your vehicle as not to alarm the assailant, you make a frantic, but muffled transmission for backup. Other cars arive as you blair over the megaphone for the armed driver to show his hands and step out of the car. Your fellow officers, weapons drawn, train their lethal sights on the potentially dangerous man as you move in to detain him. The driver is in a state of shock and confusion as he is wrestled to the ground and handcuffed. What the officers don't realize is that the man in the vehicle is just an everyday guy, on his way back from a day of airsofting, who lazily stored his replica in his vehicle, in plain view. When transporting an airsoft replica use a gun bag, stowaway area, etc. along with removing the magazine, turning the safety on, or even disassembling the replica. As far as storage is concerned, stow them in an area that they are not visible. Laying on your nightstand or on your desk aren't safe places. If children are present in the household, take extra care when finding places to store your airsoft replica. Remember that the average person wont know the difference between your airsoft replica and a real firearm.

Play safe, play hard, play with honor.

--RESPECT THE REAL DEAL--
If your airsoft impression represents a specific branch or nationality of armed service, wear it with respect. Know that the uniform you are wearing, as a civian airsoft player, is worn by enlisted men and women who face death and hardship every day in real combat. Airsoft is a game of simulation, honor, and respect. So simulate combat realistically, play with honor, and respect the service memeber's you represent.
Back to top Go down
Warrior33
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense   Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:41 am

Very Nice!
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense   Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:22 pm

I completely agree with all of this. I have idiot friends that walk down the street with their KWA M16s. I don't play with them anymore.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense   Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 4:29 pm

good, i like this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense   Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft as a Whole: Defense Against an Offense
Page 1 of 1