Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Goggles

Go down 
+3
SniperL96
Admin
Roamer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:21 am

So, I recently purchased some Arena goggles after hearing some good things about them. At first I was really impressed as they did not fog. Now they do and I would rather not make another purchase.
Please, help me find an alternative to buying a whole other set of goggles as I am a college student and would rather spend money on moding my gun. Any and all remedies that you know work through experience are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:35 am

There are lots of remedies, but unfortunately very few of them work. I've found that even when I buy an expensive pair that promises to be fog-less they still quickly fog up (I bought a $120 pair of ESS and wasn't that impressed). Here are some remedies though:
1 - spit in your goggles and wipe it out! Make sure that there was plenty of mucus in it. I know that's gross, but it has natural "ingredients" in it that help fight fog, even if just a little bit.
2 - use any anti-fog spray like fog-tech ($5-10) that you can find all over the place. Rain-x I guess makes a good one, but I've yet to see it in use.
3 - This is obviously an almost useless one, but during games when it's very hot/humid out, I try to wear less clothing (ie no shirt under BDUs), move a lot less, and try not to get too excited (heart pumping, sweating pouring).. lol... I realize this sounds dumb, but I'd rather change my playing style a little than not be able to play at all due to too much sweat (sweat = fog).
4 - About an hour before a game, you put your goggles in a freezer for 20-30 minutes, take them out and pour vinegar on them. Then wipe off the vinegar using a nylon rag. Now put back into your refrigerator until it's gametime.....
... okay I may have made that method up, but maybe someone will skip this sentence and actually try it (Ace probably will Smile )
5 - I would say your best bet, and the route I'm taking as well, would be to get online and buy yourself a G&G goggle fan ($22 plus shipping). It fights the fog the best way possible - getting air constantly moving inside your goggles. The fan is very light, almost silent, and very effective. I'd say go with this one, personally. I've tried all the others (except #4) and they all work for about 3.5 minutes - but I am a heavy sweater so...

Last edited by Admin on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:54 am

Yeah, I think I will stick with #3. I just purchased some pretty cool MARPAT undies
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 11:56 am

Roamer wrote:
Yeah, I think I will stick with #3. I just purchased some pretty cool MARPAT undies

Yeah, I typically wear woodland undies with a woodland sports bra (for support and camouflage). But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:25 am

I have some rainx fog stuff. I will try it tomorrow when my team holds a practice tomorrow. If you want I can let you know how it turns out Wink
Back to top Go down
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 9:11 pm

Roamer wrote:
I have some rainx fog stuff. I will try it tomorrow when my team holds a practice tomorrow. If you want I can let you know how it turns out Wink
so,how did it turn out? were rainx any good?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:31 am

SniperL96 wrote:
Roamer wrote:
so,how did it turn out? were rainx any good?

The rainx stuff worked well SniperL96. Unfortunately though it doesn't last real long. You have to re-apply it regularly, which is not only annoying, but sometimes dangerous if you're in the middle of an event. Stick to goggle fans and thermal lenses (my opinion).
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 5:54 pm

Admin wrote:
Roamer wrote:

Yeah, I typically wear woodland undies with a woodland sports bra (for support and camouflage). But that's just me.

Your a lady, aren't you...just looked a little awkward

ANYWAYS, I love being a winter OP. you put more stuff on, and not limited to what you can take off. Instead of wearing a woodland BDU in the summer i tend to wearing a black underarmor shirt, BDU pants. CQB style. I don't have my vest yet, because i have no need of it....yet. So that is pretty much what i do. And to stay hydrated and what not, i have a dark colored camelbak. not to mention wearing a sweat band above your goggles or in your face mask helps comfort your "face on foam" the foam in my mask hurts like a mofo when you move it around. It may be too tight. But with the bandana; i can also do ear protection too. Just to take off some extra armor of the face mask sides.

As for winter stuff. Around here we're lucky to get 4" of snow. which is very light. It still gets very cold though. Not to mention the clay composition of our soil is fertile and has alot of moisture in it. So when it gets down to freezing, the ground is also very cold. We tend to use handwarmers and what not in our BDU shirts also thinsulate gloves and most of us wear black skicaps when we play. The crazy ppl on our team wear ski masks and goggles. Another trick, woolen "long johns". Now for you guys who have snow, pretty much any ski boot and sock wear should help because it will get wet.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:12 pm

AMEN L.W.....WINTER OP FOREVER!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Ostentatious
Private
Private
Ostentatious

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:57 am

I agree that getting termal lens with your goggles AND teh fan is the way to go. I have been using a JT mask & fan combo for a while and its great. Because I don't like getting shot in my eyes, or my ears, especially when Its cold. I wear a "flash hood" or "Bachlava" as well, nice for when Rambo runs up on you at close range.
Has anyone owned or seen anyone with http://www.airsoftpost.com/edge-matrix-predator-special-operation-airsoft-mask-black-p-29630.html Just wondering how they like it, and how the perif vision is compared to a JT Proflex?
Oh, and "Roamer" spend your money on safety first, THEN upgrade your weapons etc! Took a hit in the eye, caused infection, spread to other eye, caused scarring so that the surface of my eyes now look like a golfball. Doc said I was soupposed to be blind, they are still healing... wasn't to cool.
Back to top Go down
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Since I wear prescription glasses and work out of ambulances and helicopters, I deal with fog ups all the time. A typical accident scene takes you from a warm ambulance interior to a cold scene multiple times with the glasses fogging each time you go in and out. I bought a small can of polish from an optometrist for my glasses, and it works great. It stops the fogging and even polishes out scratches. I tried it out on my ESS Strikeforce goggles, and it seems to work OK on them too.

Heck, I even use it on by bathroom mirror.
Back to top Go down
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:27 pm

Dang computer lag, sorry for the double post.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:36 pm

I am thinking about installing little fans into my goggles so the air pushes the moisture down and out of the way while the fans make very little noise.

and that polish works great ^
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Sponsored content

Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goggles   Goggles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goggles
Page 1 of 1