Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Need some goggles

Go down 
+4
white wolf
Jaeman
Insane Mercc
SNAAAKE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SNAAAKE
Private
Private
SNAAAKE

Need some goggles Empty
PostSubject: Need some goggles   Need some goggles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:41 pm

Heyo everyone i'm in need of some goggles that will fit while wearing glasses. I can't really afford to get contacts right now so that's my main need. If I can't find any here, i'll just check my local harware store. They might have what I need.
Thanks for your help. Cool
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

Need some goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some goggles   Need some goggles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:38 pm

Check out the local Walmarts and Fleetfarms they have some nice goggles for airsoft and they shud alow glasses.
Back to top Go down
Jaeman
Private
Private

Need some goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some goggles   Need some goggles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:04 pm

Well, as a fellow glasses wearer, here's my advice: Check your local airsoft provider (or look online) and try to find a wire-mesh airsoft (full face) mask. the reason I advise this is because while fogged up goggles certainly aren't fun for any player, having both the goggles and your glasses fogged up at the same time can be most frustrating. This is what I plan to switch to as soon as UPS visits me again.

Alternately, I would advise talking to your optometrist about it, they'll likely be able to provide some fit-over glasses for what you need. (or if you have the money, you could get prescription safety goggles, though if you can't afford contacts, prescription goggles are probably out of the picture.)

Third option: (This is what I've been using recently) some chemistry style goggles fit over most glasses frames rather well, just check to make sure they meet the proper ANSI standards for eye protection (most are made to protect from chemicals rather than kinetic impact) it seems to work rather well ('cept for the double-fogging I mentioned earlier, a sweatband can help prevent this, as do anti-fog wipes)

Fourth option: most of the paintball masks I've used fit over glasses, and they work fine for airsoft. (but still, be wary of fog)

If you live in a dry area, the fogging should be less of a problem, where I live it's pretty humid, so it tends to bother me. your mileage may vary.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

Need some goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some goggles   Need some goggles Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:05 pm

classic army goggles on airsoft GI fit my glasses beautifly
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Need some goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some goggles   Need some goggles Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:33 am

Agreed jaeman. I don't wear glasses but the Proto Switch ES only fogs on insanely humid days and for then if you clip a fan on top that stops. The fans quiet and the goggles have cuts in the foam for glasses
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

Need some goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some goggles   Need some goggles Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:44 am

white wolf wrote:
classic army goggles on airsoft GI fit my glasses beautifly
would they me good for me ( don't have glasses)
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

Need some goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some goggles   Need some goggles Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:34 pm

Maybe something like this (also mentioned earlier) http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Airsoft_green_face_mask/1538
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

Need some goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some goggles   Need some goggles Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:36 pm

I've heard that Mesh goggles are EXTREMELY inconsistent and will occasionally let a bb through the mesh.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
Jaeman
Private
Private

Need some goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some goggles   Need some goggles Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:59 pm

panic324 wrote:
I've heard that Mesh goggles are EXTREMELY inconsistent and will occasionally let a bb through the mesh.
I don't know, the fact that fields allow them makes me doubt it, (of course, there are some fields out there that just let people play with ballistic glasses...) I have heard that if the players around you use really cheap ammo (IG: .12 grams) then sometimes the bbs will break apart on contact with the mesh (potentially sending small fragments through it) that could be dangerous.

I'll have a mesh mask shortly (It's in the mail right now.) I'll let you guys know how it works out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need some goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need some goggles   Need some goggles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some goggles
Page 1 of 1