Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

The comeback of airsoft...

Go down 
+8
Omega Lambda
aveenvp
panic324
scooterprodigy
iliveforthis99
AFU
JARHEAD
Warrior33
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Warrior33
Private
Private

The comeback of airsoft... Empty
PostSubject: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:57 pm

During the week i went to my local paintball field, to pick up some bb's(yes they have madbull,precision, and some other brand's). When i was approached by a arrogant 15 yr old. He looked at the bb's and said "how old are you 9 you shoot each other with pieces of plastic". I smiled and said "how old are you shooting each other with brightly colored paint; sounds very mature to me". The smile he had went to bottom. And said to the one of the people that worked their, "ill be back next week", And walked out of the store. I have never neen approached by someone playing paintball criticizing me. I don't care for paintball, doesnt sound fun to me. But do you have to crit. about it, NO. Anyway my question is any similiar stories as such?
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:57 pm

I have had things like this happen, my entire group of friends last year was like this so we aint friends anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:22 pm

I have a Cowoker who plays paintball, every day it's a "debate" on paintball V Airsoft. Now, I don't take these debates with him quite as seriously as I do with others because, to be honest him and I argue on just about everything, and there is always a factor of humor and camaraderie in it.

But about last week, we somehow started arguing about which players were stronger (Yeah, makes no sense, but most of our arguments don't). Well, this lead to us pulling ourselves up a metal bar to the ceiling without using our feet. Just using our hands/arms to pull ourselves up about 13 feet.

That is the extent on most of my airsoft/paintball arguments. Any other paintballer who likes to start arguing with me I usually ignore. It's amazing how silence can unnerve someone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Coming from a paintball background of around 8 years i've been on the other side of a few paintball vs airsoft debates. That said i can say that at least a lot of the newer players and even some of the veterans look down on airsoft as being the game people play who can't take a paintball hit. Thus kinda where your little encounter probably started in that kids mind. Ignorance also plays a part in the paintballers inferior view of airsoft. A lot of players i'd say don't know about the serious side of airsoft, they mostly have only had dealings with the cheap Wal-Mart type of guns and think of a bunch of sissy kids running around playing airsoft. Just thought i'd share my opinions as an old paintballer who did look down on airsoft and mocked it every chance i had.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Warrior33
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:32 pm

iliveforthis99 wrote:
Coming from a paintball background of around 8 years i've been on the other side of a few paintball vs airsoft debates. That said i can say that at least a lot of the newer players and even some of the veterans look down on airsoft as being the game people play who can't take a paintball hit. Thus kinda where your little encounter probably started in that kids mind. Ignorance also plays a part in the paintballers inferior view of airsoft. A lot of players i'd say don't know about the serious side of airsoft, they mostly have only had dealings with the cheap Wal-Mart type of guns and think of a bunch of sissy kids running around playing airsoft. Just thought i'd share my opinions as an old paintballer who did look down on airsoft and mocked it every chance i had.

I see you can look at the thread i wrote about airsoft vs. paintball i took it from other accounts and articles and put it in my own words.
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:57 pm

same thing happened to me. so i had me a really nice guy at feaild and after that we became frends yatayatayata . so cuple weeks later i saw him and he sad he got a sytema so after the gam i wanted to check it out . well i did shoot 550 with .2 . so he let me barrow it till tomarrow cus i was gonna have a skrimish with some frends . so anyways after i called my parents to come pick me up a paint baller comes buy and knocks the gun out a my hand luckily i had the sling over my shoulder . after tha the said that paintball hurts more and that airsofters are just lame paintbalers tha tare to scared to get a couple welts from, a paint ball gun so i said wanna bet and we each took one shot at eachother to see wiitch hurt more . well i had the systema and he had a paintball gun . so he took the first shot and im not gonna lie it stung pretty bad but when i took my shot with the system aand he came over with his hand to his stomach " you win im sorry im sorry u guys are more manly" haha dude it was total luck i had the systema.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:10 pm

Warrior33 wrote:
I see you can look at the thread i wrote about airsoft vs. paintball i took it from other accounts and articles and put it in my own words.
Just looked at your thread, it definitely mirrored my thoughts of airsoft at the time i didn't understand it.
Back to top Go down
Warrior33
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Paintball and airsoft will never co-exist. I don't hate paintball nor the players of the sport. It's just when you have a arrogant person who tries to trash the sport and by that i mean paintball and airsoft. Their are a good number of airsoft talkers too. I have friendds that play paintball and it is all they talk about, well sometimes. But i don't try to convince them that should play airsoft. I once saw one topic on a paintball forum "paintballa's vs. wannabe GI joe's" ;yes that was their choice of grammar. And i went to a differant airsoft forum found a topic labeled "power ranger's vs. Airsoft player's". So as you can see the fight goes either way.
Back to top Go down
Warrior33
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:23 pm

iliveforthis99 wrote:
Warrior33 wrote:
Just looked at your thread, it definitely mirrored my thoughts of airsoft at the time i didn't understand it.

This is very difficult for me considering im using a palm centro for this. So excuse any grammar mistakes. You didn't understand the topic or airsoft?
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:46 pm

Oh yeah sorry that wasn't worded right, i've had a long day and am pretty tired. It was airsoft that i didn't understand at the time when i was engrossed in paintball.
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:55 pm

o
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:27 am

Ya know, its up to us as the 'tactical' players to let those overcompensating paintball players (only the overcompensating ones) that want to brag and boast and complain about each sport do so. They can, politely, go "Watch your language" themselves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:33 am

Also about PB, they talk about how airsoft doesnt hurt and we're "wussys", well to tell the truth when i go out to play a scenario type or just any AS game i don't want to get hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 2:52 am

sam elike it isn't that bad but its sorta scary at some moments when ur waiating to get hit but don't know when its gonna come uno
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:17 am

and frankly I've taken hits at airsoft ops that have hurt a lot more than any hit while playing xball.
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:03 pm

I havntbplayed paintball but airsoft usually hurts
Back to top Go down
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:21 pm

One thing that we have that paintball will never have is realism. I prefer guns without giant hoppers on top of them, thank you. And like my man jackofalltrades occasionally points out, by the end of the day a paintball sniper will look like a christmas tree. Christmas trees are not stealthy... at all.
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:38 pm

haha you got that right
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:25 pm

actually, the paint wears off pretty quick. If you are playing intensely, a hit could rub off in ten minutes.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:27 pm

Omega Lambda wrote:
One thing that we have that paintball will never have is realism. I prefer guns without giant hoppers on top of them, thank you. And like my man jackofalltrades occasionally points out, by the end of the day a paintball sniper will look like a christmas tree. Christmas trees are not stealthy... at all.
There's a few mag fed paintball guns that are being made now. However they either use smaller cal. paint which sucks or the regular .68 paint but the mags can only hold around 18 shots. And yeah there is no sniping in paintball, it just doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:54 pm

Haha ya.thats cool tho. I saw a m4 style marker today and it was digital camo. screew paintball Go airsoft
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:10 pm

Probably one of the BT guns, total rip off.
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:28 pm

Ino haha
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:13 pm

aye, also why are you soft if you play airSOFT

all of the paintballers think my team is weaker thatn them because they get hit with a bigger projectile
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:42 pm

If i was approached by a PBer and he started to rag on me for playin airsoft all i wud say is. "I like airsoft and you like paintball. People have the right to have different hobbies. now if you would excuse me I have to polish my brass knuckles.(blood dripping from Brass knuckles)" jocolor

Last edited by Insane Mercc on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comeback of airsoft...   The comeback of airsoft... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The comeback of airsoft...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next