Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

New to upgrades, but I want some!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
glenn
Private
Private

New to upgrades, but I want some! Empty
PostSubject: New to upgrades, but I want some!   New to upgrades, but I want some! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:17 am

Hi guys

I'm new to the airsoft game, and I've recently baught myself a Mauser SR -Pro Tactical- sniper rifle and it dident take me much reading about sniping in airsoft to realize that upgrades are nearly a must to outrange all the AEG's while still being able to maintain reliable accuracy.

I found this nifty guide. It helped me along with my list of future upgrades but I still need some advice.

So far i've got two items added to my upgrade list:
- First Factory PSS96 Zero Trigger set for Type 96
- PDI HOP-UP Chamber for Maruzen Type 96 (This should fit? according to the guide)

What other upgrades are recommended? Maybe a Tightbore Barrel, Spring Guide and Piston(Whats this?) And most of all I wonder if all Type 96 parts will fit the Mauser, like the barrel for instance? Would be a real bummer to purchase parts that don't fit.

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Glenn
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: New to upgrades, but I want some!   New to upgrades, but I want some! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:50 am

tightbore is a must. the 2 items I am not sure, I'd pm slob about this, he'd know.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: New to upgrades, but I want some!   New to upgrades, but I want some! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 3:59 pm

the 2 parts you have are fine.....i need to know your budget......
Back to top Go down
glenn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: New to upgrades, but I want some!   New to upgrades, but I want some! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:33 pm

Hi guys, appreciate your replies. I'm thinking 250-300$ upgrade budget. Nothing hardcore, just to make it a proper sniper rifle really.

Reading as much as I can, don't mean to lean on you guys for all the information, glad there are some generous people here nonetheless. Smile

I'll be sure to pm slob for advice if i'm still missing pieces of the puzzle after this topic has died down white wolf, thanks.

Glenn.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: New to upgrades, but I want some!   New to upgrades, but I want some! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 7:19 pm

meah no problem....

you will want....

metal spring guide
a heavier spring
upgraded piston
cylinder head
hop up bucking
and a tight bore barrel
Back to top Go down
glenn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: New to upgrades, but I want some!   New to upgrades, but I want some! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:24 am

Thanks alot mgunner, your da man.

Apparently the Mauser is a replica of the L96 A1, so all Type 96 Parts should fit right? Are there any Triggers cheaper than a Zero one that still fits? Zero is expensive, but yet the only ones I can find.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: New to upgrades, but I want some!   New to upgrades, but I want some! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:01 pm

yep Type 96 parts.....as for the zero trigger i can't help you there
Back to top Go down
glenn
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: New to upgrades, but I want some!   New to upgrades, but I want some! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:42 pm

A stock L96(replica) with full metal internals, think it can take a spring upgrade? 150 one.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: New to upgrades, but I want some!   New to upgrades, but I want some! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:54 pm

yea...but only for a time... a few hundred shots.....after that your sears will need replaceing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to upgrades, but I want some!   New to upgrades, but I want some! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to upgrades, but I want some!
Page 1 of 1