Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Airsoft Noobs

Go down 
+3
JARHEAD
white wolf
Rusty M16A4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rusty M16A4
Captain
Captain
Rusty M16A4

Airsoft Noobs Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft Noobs   Airsoft Noobs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:28 pm

I know this guy who bought a $10 Electric Pistol, and of course broke right away. So now he is switching to paintball, thinking airsoft guns aren't reliable. He asked me for help on how to fix it or what was wrong, so I just told him that its gearbox was probrably crap, and that it's broken. This made him switch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sgtb0yr13
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

Airsoft Noobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Noobs   Airsoft Noobs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:33 pm

almost all of my local airsofters are new to the sport/hobby. they all are the equvlant(sp?) of what your saying, only they rely on me to repair the rifle. only thing is IDK if this is for good or bad things, mods?
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

Airsoft Noobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Noobs   Airsoft Noobs Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:57 pm

hmm, Well alot of plinker weapons are made to break and can be easily repaired, but it is hard to change their mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Airsoft Noobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Noobs   Airsoft Noobs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:17 pm

To tell the truth unless you're paying around $500+ the quality and reliability of paintball guns aren't to high either. If anything most any paintball gun will require a lot more care then a decent quality airsoft gun like an Echo 1.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Airsoft Noobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Noobs   Airsoft Noobs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Well thats the reason why people have such a bad image of airsoft. Cheap LPEGs and EBB's at your one-stop-shops then hobby specific stores.

Just educate your friend that there is more out there than crossman.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
gapairsoft
Sergeant
Sergeant
gapairsoft

Airsoft Noobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Noobs   Airsoft Noobs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:19 pm

but now i have a very good crossman CO2 pistol that has lasted me about a year, so tell him that he needs to look at reviews of the gun befor he buys it. (no offence lone wolf)
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Airsoft Noobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Noobs   Airsoft Noobs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:46 pm

No problem, my friend I think has that pistol and its okay, not the greatest. Im mainly talking about AEG's here.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Corporal
Corporal

Airsoft Noobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Noobs   Airsoft Noobs Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:13 pm

iliveforthis99 wrote:
To tell the truth unless you're paying around $500+ the quality and reliability of paintball guns aren't to high either. If anything most any paintball gun will require a lot more care then a decent quality air soft gun like an Echo 1.

Um have you even played paintball? Because your price is like OFF THE ZONE!
Good paintball guns with quality are like $220. Like "Tipman" for instance... I have a 98 custom, i have never had to repair it or anything else
I'm not trying to be a smarty paints or anything... You could say that i support "Paintball" but i also like air soft..

Just a thought
Back to top Go down
http://creatorsunite.webs.com/
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

Airsoft Noobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Noobs   Airsoft Noobs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:14 pm

95 wrote:
iliveforthis99 wrote:
To tell the truth unless you're paying around $500+ the quality and reliability of paintball guns aren't to high either. If anything most any paintball gun will require a lot more care then a decent quality air soft gun like an Echo 1.

Good paintball guns with quality are like $220. Like "Tipman" for instance... I have a 98 custom, i have never had to repair it or anything else
I'm not trying to be a smarty paints or anything... You could say that i support "Paintball" but i also like air soft..

Just a thought

smarty paints? and tippman
i see where you come from with that but also when your talking like minis that weigh 2 lbs and run AMAZINGLY!! and real high quality stuff, its just that AS is more like the real steel version so it has to fit AS standards and still look good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Airsoft Noobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Noobs   Airsoft Noobs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:08 pm

95 wrote:
iliveforthis99 wrote:

Just a thought
I played paintball for around 8-9 years or so before switching to airsoft, had several high-end EP's as well as a 98c before i quit. Tippmanns have a huge myth surrounding them about their reliability. The reason why they are like they are is becuase they are so crudely simple which allows them to take some abuse and go awhile without maintenance. Ease of maintenance set aside an $1800 SL94 can easily take the kind of abuse a simple Tippmann can take and probably see more of it also in it's time of use. I've heard of and have had more problems with low to mid-end guns like Spyders, Tippmanns, Ions, and yes Minis then with high-ends like Egos, Matrix's, timmys, Cyborgs and so on. The most reliable paintball gun i can recall was the AGD Automag, which actually is under $500 depending on what type it is. It's the same in airsoft, an Echo 1 (stock) can't meet the level of quality a KWA has even though it'll still shoot and perform like a nice gun. Corners have to be cut some places to bring prices down and most of the time it's quality. Oh yeah, using a gun that runs off an air/gas source the way paintball guns do i'd say airsoft guns have an advantage there as well.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Sponsored content

Airsoft Noobs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Noobs   Airsoft Noobs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft Noobs
Page 1 of 1