Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Gun "Smithing"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

Gun "Smithing" Empty
PostSubject: Gun "Smithing"   Gun "Smithing" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:16 am

How could I start to learn about this, I know dissasembly for a lot of guns but I have no clue on what makes it run, how to replace parts etc...
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
slob212
slob212

Gun "Smithing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun "Smithing"   Gun "Smithing" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 4:38 am

There are all kinds of Tutorials on the web,
Start by doing the research, What are the parts. What part does what.
All GBīs are pretty much the same and work the same way ( Excluding Version 4 boxes ).
Donīt get to wrapped up with Tuning to begin with, grab a few standard Boxes, tear them down, put them back together and test them, if they donīt work find your mistake. Later when you have it down, then move on to the Tuning and Modification side of AS.
It is like starting all over again, What part does what. What are the differences in Main Spring Power ratings, M v %. Do the research on the Different parts, What are they `` Rated īī to and what do they actualy hold up to. What is affordable ? What is just a `` Nice to Have īī tuning option ? What parts are interchangable ? What parts from what manufacture can be used in what GB or Gun, can they be modified to work ? Can parts be Mixed ? TM with CA With XYZ with Systema. What Metals can be mixed ( Steel Gears / Alu Bushings ? ) What lubricants to use, and where ?

Thats just a small taste of what to look forward too. Right everything down for reference, and donīt be afraid to ASK the question.

Good Luck

Believe me the begining is a B****, but the rewards later are more than worth it.
Back to top Go down
soap
Private
Private

Gun "Smithing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun "Smithing"   Gun "Smithing" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:49 am

i have an M4A1 AGM AEG.i already replaced barrel witht MADBULL extended M16 tight.BB still flies up 10 t0 15 yds.i tried adjusting hop up i got the same result.do i have to change hop rubber?does BB gauge needs to changed for 0.23 t0 0.25 higher? thanks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Gun "Smithing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun "Smithing"   Gun "Smithing" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Yea a heavier bb will stop that. Start with .25's

And if you are using a full M16 length barrel, you should replace the M4 cylinder with a non-ported cylinder.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Gun "Smithing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun "Smithing"   Gun "Smithing" Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:45 pm

WHOAH posty hijack here! Soap, make your own thread when you have a question, thanks Smile
question was answered though so back to topic.
There are so many threads on this forum about getting started, what you learned, where you learned it, what you need and all that fun stuff. I know I've made a few, and Slob has as well.
Start documenting EVERYTHING you learn on every part, sort of like your own reference guide.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

Gun "Smithing" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun "Smithing"   Gun "Smithing" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gun "Smithing"
Page 1 of 1