Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SNAAAKE
Private
Private
SNAAAKE

M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement Empty
PostSubject: M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement   M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:27 am

Hey everyone I need some guidance so pros please read carefully.

I have a JG M4 S-System with the whole cool looking (but heavy) tactical handguard, but I've had it for awile so I was thinking about a change of pace. So I was wondering how you would remove the RIS handguard (if it's even possible) and if I could change the tac-handguard to a smooth, regular M4 handguard (all this work just because I don't have the $$$ or stupidity to buy another M4.) Cool

Marine Gospel Choir: CAN I GET A OOORAH??

Marines: OORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement   M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:36 am

The idea of the S-System rail is that the RIS is all one piece. You can try putting on a regular handguard, but you may want to pick up a new receiver to. Plastic ones average at 20-30 depending on paint jobs...you can get a dboys metal receiver for around 50. And a new RIS system will go for anywhere 60 up. A plastic fore grip will go for about 10-20. But you would need the delta rign with the "gas sight"
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
SNAAAKE
Private
Private
SNAAAKE

PostSubject: Re: M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement   M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:02 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
The idea of the S-System rail is that the RIS is all one piece. You can try putting on a regular handguard, but you may want to pick up a new receiver to. Plastic ones average at 20-30 depending on paint jobs...you can get a dboys metal receiver for around 50. And a new RIS system will go for anywhere 60 up. A plastic fore grip will go for about 10-20. But you would need the delta rign with the "gas sight"

Cool, so do you know any websites that have instructions on removing the RIS for the S-System? I'm going to do my own research but it'd still like your info. on this. Cool
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement   M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:08 pm

Not any tutorials in particular.

Just remove the screws under the top rail and the ones bottom side of the fore grip. It should halve when you push the delta ring in.
Back to top Go down
SNAAAKE
Private
Private
SNAAAKE

PostSubject: Re: M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement   M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Not any tutorials in particular.

Just remove the screws under the top rail and the ones bottom side of the fore grip. It should halve when you push the delta ring in.

Cool, thanks man.
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement   M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:36 pm

i didn't completely read lon wolfs "passage" but i belive you can't replace the rails everything s not really m4 copatable like the reciever you need a special one for it and also the rail just the stock and the grip are compatable
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement   M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:17 pm

MetallicAirsoft wrote:
i didn't completely read lon wolfs "passage" but i belive you can't replace the rails everything s not really m4 copatable like the reciever you need a special one for it and also the rail just the stock and the grip are compatable

It depends on the foregrip. If it is the removable RIS, he follows the steps its all good. However, if the RIS is built into the receiver then just get a new gun or sell the S-System for a better one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement   M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

M4 Tactical Handguard removal and replacement
Page 1 of 1