Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

CRAP! Stripped Screw...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

CRAP! Stripped Screw... Empty
PostSubject: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Well I was taking off the hand guard/heat shield from my AK.....and I stripped a screw pretty badly. I can't find a drill bit small enough to drill down the center of the screw. I don't have any other power tools other than a drill...WTF can I do?!
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:06 pm

GRABBIT, look it up on google
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Ooooh thanks. Going over to LOWE'S in a few minutes. Razz
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 9:29 pm

Smile I have solved my fist ask the pro...... by watching a commercal 400 times, just tell me if it works as well as it said
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Well I couldn't find the actual "Grabit" brand extractor, but I found a "screw extractor and drill kit" from Kobalt....

THE "Watch your language" DRILL BIT BROKE INSIDE THE Don't use the Lord's name in vain. "Watch your language" SCREW! "Watch your language"!

White Wolf it was an amazing suggestion..just a faulty repairman behind the tool.

NOW WHAT DO I DO!?! I also have metal shavings embedded under my skin. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:34 pm

It depends on the size of the screw head. you can pick up a set of metric screw extractors which work by first drilling down into the screw head then extracting it.

Or you can do it the hard way. Take a dremel and turn the head into a flat head. I just don't recommend doing it because you can slip and ding up the body/shell. Especially if your not good at using a dremel.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:39 pm

I'm not good at using any kind of power tools. Oh and the screw already has a hole in it and half a drill bit in it too. Nothing is working... Mad
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Is the head bulbed or just flush with w/e you are trying to get it out of?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:45 pm

Huh? Please excuse my unknowing of tool terms...

The little notches that the screwdriver catches on are worn completely down. I tried drilling the pilot hole for the extractor, and it went in crooked and broke off inside the screw. I tried using the extractor anyway, and it's just pulling the metal out of the screw and not turning the screw at all.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:57 pm

okay, is the top of the head shaped like this: C Or like this |
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:58 pm

OHH I get it. It's flat like this |
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:00 pm

aww suckage
I was thinking you could take pliers and just latch on to the sides of the head.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:02 pm

"Watch your language"...

It's bullshit too because I used the screwdriver to remove the first screw, then the second screw that's the exact same size gets stripped.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:24 pm

Well there are such things as dummy screws. I stripped the dummy screw on my MP7 so check that out as well.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:27 pm

No it's not a dummy screw, it keeps the spacer thingy in. The spacer keeps the wood from falling off the gun.
EDIT: I know this because I already got one of the screws out.

You know what? "Watch your language" it. My AK will just be more "custom" than I wanted it to be....I mean, that won't look awful, right? A black full stock, black pistol grip, black heat shield, but the foregrip/handguard will still be wood colored.

Man I shouldn't have even done this..I was taking the wood off to see how I could get the black parts on.

Hooray for ghetto AK74!
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:40 am

just paint it...
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:55 am

But the black pieces are also a different texture than the wood pieces, because they have a rubberized finish....I think...

Also I think it will look kinda cool with one piece wood colored Razz

THREAD LOCK PLZ
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:32 am

OK I am actually turning a AK47 into a 74 with only paint, cheaper but somwhat good, just some craft paint and a good year of painting aircraft for local showings and WHAM instant black/OD
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:27 am

Yeah but I need a new stock anyway so I might as well just buy the kit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CRAP! Stripped Screw...   CRAP! Stripped Screw... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CRAP! Stripped Screw...
Page 1 of 1