Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

SABR for airsoft

Go down 
+5
Lone Wolf
DrummerBoyz95
Undertaker
lonesniper24
alexkmmll
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:14 pm

Does anybody know if a SABR type weapon exists for airsoft?
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:20 pm

uhh link to what the gun looks like please???
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Undertaker
Corporal
Corporal
Undertaker

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:24 pm

I believe H&K makes one, but I haven't been able to find it.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Do you think you can swap barrels on it just like the real one, because that would be awesome, especially at the place I play. theres 10 different arenas and you can play one field type game and then go to a CQB place in 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:30 pm

heres a pic of one with the 12" upper in and another with the 20" upper in
http://www.onpointsupply.com/lwrc_rifles/lwrc_sabr.jpg
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:39 pm

I did a quick search of the major retailers, then Googled it. No luck Sad
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:42 pm

It's not the SABR but it somewhat resembles one, the FAL by King Arms

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=27649
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Well its not the style of the gun that I was talking about, its the actual function. the SABR type weapon is able to change the upper barrel to different lengths effectively going from a DMR or a Sniper rifle to an effective field or CQB weapon. I probably should have made that a little bit more clear so that was my fault!
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:54 pm

Eh, it's not very similar in my opinion..The SABR looks like an AR-15 while the FAL is it's own thing.

For airsoft there couldn't be a quick swap barrel system. To change a barrel you have to take out the hop-up system, remove the inner barrel and bucking, then put the bucking on the other barrel and put the new barrel back into the hop-up system, then put that back into the gun, then close it up and then you're done. So a quick change barrel system for AS would have to include a second hop-up system and bucking. Even then it wouldn't be very 'quick', as you would have to open up the gun, take out the first barrel/hop-up and put the second one back in.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:00 pm

Well, if one did exist, i would think that each upper section would be the hop-up unit, and maybe the spring in one unit with the barrel, and then the Sector gear would stick out of the gearbox so when you swapped uppers it would be just like the real gun, and then your longer upper could be a higher FPS too because you could put in an upgraded spring, but I guess its just a fanticy of mine.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:45 pm

SABR to me looks like a SR combined with a PDW bolt system.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:44 am

i still think it looks like a fal, you just gotta do a few mods, or an ar 15 idk, im sorry to say it, but your probley not going to get it, unless you spend a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:07 am

Well for my G4 A4 DMR I have a DM length upper and a CQB one. The CQB is a 12 inch stubby and the DM is M16+ length. You can swap the whole upper in a couple seconds.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:54 am

Wow I guess I was wrong! That's pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am

Thats awsome Durkee, can you post any pics?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:13 pm

I just so happened to watch ASGI's video review of the A&K Masada...
It has a quick detach barrel system! Tim said there's a way to pull out the outer barrel and put in a longer or shorter one in a matter of a few seconds.

That's pretty close eh?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:07 pm

The A&K Masadas are a difficult rifle to get your hands on these days. It seems like everyone wants one! They do have a quick-change barrel system. You have to purchase an entire unit with the barrel though, so you're not just changing the barrel alone. An extra, shorter-barreled unit costs around $50-60 +S&H. However, the change is pretty quick and doesn't require any tools so it makes for a pretty interesting and versatile gun. However, if you're looking for a replica that's similar in aesthetics to the SABR, they don't have a whole lot in common.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:21 pm

yea they are admin! i really wanted one but GI got rid of em so quick
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:32 am

Im sorry if this is a necro, but I just remembered another option for those of you looking into a SABR / MASADA type system. One of the ASGI customs comes with convertible inner and outter barrels.

And theres always one of these:
http://www.combatsportsupply.com/echo1614withconvertiblebarrelm4aeg.aspx
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 12:39 am

I think the E1 614 you posted just has an outer barrel extension, no inner barrel extension.

A very pricey option would be a GR-16 with separate field and CQB uppers, but that would run you over $500.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:40 am

If H&K Makes it don't EVER buy a airsoft one, youll be stuck with the blasted thing for the rest of your life much like me and the SL8 ><.....cursed lawyers on ebay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SABR for airsoft Empty
PostSubject: Re: SABR for airsoft   SABR for airsoft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SABR for airsoft
Page 1 of 1