Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Crazy thought idea

Go down 
+3
Spl. Durkee
DrummerBoyz95
lonesniper24
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:35 am

Well, as the admin and mods said if i wanted to do this i should make my own web site and forums. So i am doing so, I'm not to sure when they will be up and running, im hoping by the end of the year or the second week of january.
Anybody that would like to join post away. Remember we want to make this a free orginazation or whatever you want to call it.

note to mods/admin
i'm not going to steal your members, im just trying to do somthing, so please chill out and let me use allies for advertising.

Heres the link to the Forums, there not done completely but they are operational

http://airsoftarmy.darkbb.com/forum.htm

Last edited by lonesniper24 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:39 am

https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/

That's the site that AirsoftAllies is hosted by, as well as the forum I made for my county. It's a fast and fairly easy way to get up a free forum. I'll help you with the creation if you want. Just message me if you need help.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:41 am

lonesniper24 wrote:
Well, as the admin and mods said if i wanted to do this i should make my own web site and forums. So i am doing so, I'm not to sure when they will be up and running, im hoping by the end of the year or the second week of january.
Anybody that would like to join post away. Remember we want to make this a free orginazation or whatever you want to call it.

note to mods/admin
i'm not going to steal your members, im just trying to do somthing, so please chill out and let me use allies for advertising.

Idunno mate, it seems like every AA-inspired forum has flopped. Good luck though, I guess.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:46 am

Durkee you gotta be more enthusiastic, and yeah i will need to star advertising more, i'm geussing people didn't advertise right and the members they got (from allies) just didn't get to interested, but from the amount of people that liked it here, if they would help get it out there it may happen.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:48 am

lonesniper24 wrote:
Durkee you gotta be more enthusiastic, and yeah i will need to star advertising more, i'm geussing people didn't advertise right and the members they got (from allies) just didn't get to interested, but from the amount of people that liked it here, if they would help get it out there it may happen.

Now...what exactly is it that you plan to accomplish with this other forum? What is it's purpose?
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:49 am

As I said, I'm willing to help construct and moderate the new site. I'll get to work on the drop of a pin if I'm needed.

@Durkee
If I'm right, it's basically just the Allies who were willing to join a nationwide regiment, moved to another website as Admin asked.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:51 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
As I said, I'm willing to help construct and moderate the new site. I'll get to work on the drop of a pin if I'm needed.

@Durkee
If I'm right, it's basically just the Allies who were willing to join a nationwide regiment, moved to another website as Admin asked.

Ah ok. Very cool. Well, as long as the idea is supported by and in support of the AA community, then I have no place to mettle. Good luck to you guys.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 1:58 am

he said it right your free to participate if you would like, the more help the better it will be. as for you drummer, you seem to be very involved in the forums even one slow days, so let me get it all set up and stuff and ill make you a mod.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:01 am

Thanks very much. It's an honor to help.

A good portion of my activity on this site is because there's nothing much better to do on a windy (very) afternoon than hang out on the computer jocolor
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:07 am

haha same here, well not windy just to lazy to walk anywhere, and im out of AS right now because it's winter and i don't have any gear or guns.

as for my mod desicouins, it all based on how often they post, if they acctully think, when posting and if they help. i'm not looking for at lease a paragraph as some mods here do i'm looking if they are here to help and get to the point
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:43 pm

BUMP
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:50 pm

No bumping threads, please. Theres really no need for it with this forum's format. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:05 pm

sorry, I'm just trying to get the link up there
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:53 pm

well i joined, id like to help out as much as i want but i hope we don't replace allies, lets try to make it a site to talk about the teams that are apart of AA regiment and events being attended. things that have anything to do with the team should be there but personal things i believe should stay here. but like i said any help ya need tell me, im fairly knowledgable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Yes, I'm still going to be on this site of course. If we don't get 20+ members by say mid-January then it's obviously not going to work out in the long run.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:27 pm

1 prob, only admins can post, still working on it or
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:37 pm

As I've said before, I see no reason to join this airsoft "army" of yours (generally players refrain from using words like "army" or "war" or "battle"...it shows inexperience).

Why fix something that isn't broke, ya know? I have Airsoft Allies. Take it from someone who runs a successful airsoft mil-sim group and makes a living in web design...I suspect it will only attract ignorant 12-14 year old backyard airsofters. I do respect and support the idea of an Airsoft Allies National Regiment, but not in the manner you are doing it in. I personally, along with most other mature airsoft hobbyists and players, would not like to belong to an organization run by 12 year old kids...no offense intended. Sometimes age really does mean everything.

I believe when Admin gave you permission to go ahead with your idea, he did it under the condition that you wouldnt make something completely identical to the Airsoft Allies community. You may want to make a website, rather than a forum.

You may also want to purchase a domain, rather then operate on a "free-web" style page. You will gain a wider member-base and be able to better advertise your group.

Sorry, but I'm more into playing the devil's advocate role on this one. Hopefully my criticism helps Razz

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling/grammar errors, revised)
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:38 pm

thanks wolf I think I fixed it try now.

Durkee

Look if you don't like this idea then get outta this thread, yes it looks identical to the forum, but if you would not like to take practice in it then stop posting, some people liked the idea so I'm doing it for them and yes I will adventully get my own domain, right now I don't have the money to get sorry if it's not how you like it but hey your not in it so just stop.

I have been nice to you and taking it but now i'm getting a little pissed. so PLEASE STOP POSTING HERE if your going to bash my idea.

thank you
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:52 pm

Lonesniper everything Durkee is saying makes perfect sense. Don't get pissed just because he's trying to tell you better ways to get the name out there.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:55 pm

I agree, seriously, as long as it is differant from AA than it might make sense to continue
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:57 pm

Exactly, I just suggested the free forum because it's an easy start. I didn't mean for it to be exactly like this site...but hey, after a bit of work it will be good.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:01 pm

lonesniper24 wrote:
thanks wolf I think I fixed it try now.

Durkee

Look if you don't like this idea then get outta this thread, yes it looks identical to the forum, but if you would not like to take practice in it then stop posting, some people liked the idea so I'm doing it for them and yes I will adventully get my own domain, right now I don't have the money to get sorry if it's not how you like it but hey your not in it so just stop.

I have been nice to you and taking it but now i'm getting a little pissed. so PLEASE STOP POSTING HERE if your going to bash my idea.

thank you

Chill mate, its constructive criticism. Just letting you know what you're getting yourself into.
I respect the attempt, but I believe you are going about it in a way that will...well...not work.

I stand by my suggestions made in a previous post.

You may also want to remember that there are a number of retailers, forums, and teams operating under the name 'Airsoft Army', including:
http://www.airsoft-army.co.nr/
http://www.airsoftarmy.cz/ (retailer/reviewer)
http://www.airsoftarmy.ru/ (Russian AS retailer)
http://www.airsoftarmy.sk/ (AS retailer/forum/reviewer)

Now, as far as I know, the www.airsoftarmy.com domain is not in use...but going under the same name as retailers and other domains may result in feuding (other domain owner upset over going under a similar name and stealing prospective members).

Just a heads up for if you plan to purchase a domain.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:17 pm

I understand that, and yeah it does look like this site but hey, like I said it still needs work I said it's not finished its just operational, and okay I will figure out another domain name

sozzy for the rant

if it was up to me and I had the money I would just make the site, and forums on dreamweaver and take that rout but not having the $300 I can't do that, and since I hate doing coding, I won't make it on notpad

any ideas for a new domain name?

and no matter how to look at it this sites going to look like any other airsoft site taking into consideration all forums have the same basic idea.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:24 pm

lonesniper24 wrote:
I understand that, and yeah it does look like this site but hey, like I said it still needs work I said it's not finished its just operational, and okay I will figure out another domain name

sozzy for the rant

if it was up to me and I had the money I would just make the site, and forums on dreamweaver and take that rout but not having the $300 I can't do that, and since I hate doing coding, I won't make it on notpad

any ideas for a new domain name?

and no matter how to look at it this sites going to look like any other airsoft site taking into consideration all forums have the same basic idea.

Unless you know Dreamweaver inside and out, it's hard to go that route. I've been learning it for 2 years and I'm still confused on many concepts (simple project site that I worked on a while back : http://ronhockwalt.org/vantage/). You can also create HTML on Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator if you know those better. Either way, better start learning nets.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Or you know, download a premade template from P2Ptemplates.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Sponsored content

Crazy thought idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy thought idea   Crazy thought idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crazy thought idea
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next