Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Frankenstein G36C

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Its time...to start making...it.

WARNING LENGTHY THREAD, LENGTHY POST. POST LIKELY TO BE NECROED IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.

This is the beginning of a project that I have been wanting to do for a while now. Now since the possibility of me getting a new job at a bicycle shop seems likely, money will be a little easier to come by for airsoft instead of only budgeting enough for ammo every 2 months. At best, this project will run on for the next few months, and w/e money I get from me b-day, 10/29/08, will finish the project.

My gun is a JG, and if you don't already know from my sig bar, it is a G36C. Currently this gun has a decent ROF and FPS for a clone, yet it worries me that the plastic peices in the mechbox may break in the next few months so my first buy will include the metal internal parts as a start to begin putting in these upgrades. I will do a G36C reveiw, only if requested by fellow members via PM, before I begin doing upgrades.

This gun will basically be upgraded to my satisfaction and designated for our area, I.E. deciduous forest. Mostly dense, I do infact live in a rainforest. Feilds are hard to come by in the forest unless we are playing at a place known as wildwood barn. Which of course has a feild the size of a stadium regulated soccer feild smack dab in the middle. Accompanied by a barn on top of a ridge overlooking this feild and a tree line to the opposing side. This kind of enviroment is very common in my area. So I need a gun that is specialized in accuracy and ROF. Im not going to upgrade it for FPS though I do want a avg. of about 400 FPS (limit feild regulation for these parts on any standard or customized carbine AEG) I also plan on installing a slightly more extended barrel from the 247 mm length to a 263 or similar length, w/e store bought item can support the extension. I do not however like how the K foregrip looks with a C rail and stock. As a friend put it, disgusting. Unless it is a beautiful MG36 which i saw that thread Sea Bass made. Instead I plan on adding a home made suppressor which I found on ASR the other day, http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=67277.0, Yep, homemade pretty cheap too so it shall be n/p for me. I just hope this works though.

Well this thread is really running on and I cannot tell you what I want to do with my gun until Ive written a book. If you want me to do a reveiw of it in its current state, please PM me now. I will also finish this thread with a reveiw of this gun in its custom state. I will be posting questions and comments about crappy parts if i ever come across one. At least thanks for reading this long thread right now lolz.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:36 pm

at most you would need a bore up and a new air model. This would put you at or above your goal of 400fps. Most people despise the bore up kit because they thing it's over rated and way to expensive for what it is. So then said people go out buy a spring and spring guide. At first they are happy but then they notice something. Their ROF gas dropped to the leval of a mini electric..... So the go out andbuy a systems magnum motor(because they are shooting too hot for a turbo). Now their ROF is almost as good as before but they still feel the need for more ROF so said person goes out and gets a 10.8v battery. Because they feel that the 9.6 isn't cutting it. Now said persons ROF is a little over what it was before said person upgraded gun. Said person is very happy. Said person goes to match and deeps invincible. By lunch said person has gone through 2 whole bags of bb's and has only gotten 7 kills. Said person goes over to the woods to shoot his now l33t rof killing machine . But when said person pulls the trigger all he hears is a big whirl and some grinding. Said person is angry so he pulls the trigger again. Soon smoke starts to rise out of his gun. Not a moment after this happens a small pop soubds. Said person has now stripped his gears, possibly his piston teeth, melted his wiring, and he also managed to blow his fuse. Said person should be happy that he didn't crack his mechbox and totally destroy his piston head.

Moral of the story. Cheaper is not always better. If you have the money I would highly recomsndyou get a boreup kit. IF gears are actually pretty nice but before you get any upgrades have the mechbox reshummed(to save money get your other parts installed with the shimms).

Please post a list of what internal parts you were thnking about Smile .

Good luck with the project! Oh and like all advice, the above was advice you decide what your going to do with your gun... Try not to run a 10.8v battery on stck wiring though Laughing

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:54 am

Dude, thats just common sense.

I agree though, and I am buying shims and metal bushings for the first step in this project. And as you said before a bore up kit. Ive seen them before at places like Airsoftgi. But before I do that, I may buy a V3 Reinforced MB shell. Now gears, I can settle for a little bellow 400 FPS, like 380FPS. I need this gun to have a high ROF though and im not sure the torque gears would do it. Is there a gear set that is a little more for high speed at this kind of spring pressure. If the bore up does not come with one, im buying a PPA 120 spring as reccomended by a friend.

Im also going to be doing away with hi-caps. Im only using mid-caps. I hate hi-caps with a passion...

This will be later on, but i thought about making a round counter and using it on my mid-caps for this gun.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:36 pm

I would use you stock gears until they break, instead go with a systema speed motor. I think Roamer has one in his E1 G36(I might be wrong). I don't know if you'll need the reinforced mechbox, the v3 mechboxes are the most durible in airsoft. It would be a whole different story if you were running a v2. With a boreup kit and a 120 spring you would be in the 430-440fps range, your stock spring or the ppa 110 spring(probably more consistant) would put you at your goal.

Other wise it looks good! Tell us how the silencer goes.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Im not too sure on the silencer part. My goal is to hide the barrel that will be sticking out beyond the hand guard. Is there a barrel extension hider I could buy?

Another thing, If I did use a PPA 120 and BUK, im guessing there would be the same spring resistance, but since you say a PPA 110 would work best for reaching the target goal that may be a consideration. This would also allow high ROF.

So now im just going to get shims and bushings...possibly a new metal selector plate because the one I have now is dirving me up the frigin wall. It changes between semi and auto at random. The plastic is briddle so im going to be replacing this asap.

Do you have a link to a guide on a V3 MB shell?

EDIT:: I found a Echo 1 bore up set for G36, This though may not be from a top manufacturer like CA or TM, but i think it will manage, If need be I can buy replacement parts. Though this does not come with the piston, but as long as my piston is metal it should be fine. I will buy this set in the next buying period. Im going to though try and use that AEX 10% coupon. lol.

Thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:27 pm

any airsoft silencer would work fine.

Mechbox.com has some good tutorils on mechboxes. However I would have your mechbox shimmer by an airsmith. I would check prices between the Echo bore up/new metal piston and just getting a CA or Systema bore up. You might find the prices are the same.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 10:44 pm

Yes I understand MB.com has tutorials Wink , but that mainly involves a V.2 MB which i guess is the most tempermental to people. Ive been keeping a sharp eye out for V.3 and have yet to see one. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:20 am

Sorry for the double posting, but i aught to add this.

I recently found a dissasembly guide for V.3. MB, other than Mechbox.com. I will again, post link here upon PM request.

It seems that i will be receiving a profit from some handiwork ive been doing for my parents. Most of this money will go to my "L.W. needs a Laptop" charity. lol. but i plan on buying some upgrades with this money.

My first step, bushings and bore up...
Although im not sure wheter or not to get the bore up or the reinforced GB? Again i want 21-25 RPS. ROF, at 400 FPS .23. with a fairly decent accuracy.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:33 am

Go with the Bore up all the way. I don't think you'll need a reinforced mechbox if your only shooting 400FPS. Now if you were making a G36 DSR that shot in the 450-500 range then ye maybe depending on the spring that you would use.

The ROF is going the harder thing to achieve... A Magnum would put you close to that, not exactly up there. I don't recomend using a 10.8v, if you are using an 8.4 go with a 9.6(your probably using a 9.6 though so....). Some los-res wiring wouldn't harm. It put another good 2 BB's per second into my M4. The only other thing that i recomend is taking off the fuse and pray that you don't surge your gun, gave me another good 2 BB's per second. by that time I just switched back to an 8.4 because I didn't want to strip my piston or my gears.

good luck with the laptop. My brother just got a Mac with his grad money and its amazing.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:40 am

Or, i could buy a 3 round burst MOSFET unit and screw ROF all together...
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: "The List"   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:39 pm

h'ok. Time to mind the double post...

I compiled a list of parts, though it will need a load of revision before i even think about buying stuff. its all highlighted and crap, prioritized. I wish i could scan it, but i don't have the equipment.

put on your reading glasses...

NOTE; (ASA) airsoftatlanta, (AGI) airsoftgi, (ASP) Airsplat, (SUS) Shorty USA, (AEX) we all should know this one.

A>Gearbox
1>Available Springs
-PPA110
-PPA120
-PPA130
-M120
-M115 (if i could find one)
2>BORE UP KIT
-E1 V.3 (AGI) $55
3>Gear set
-CA 25 Torque Up $55 (AGI)
-G&G Steel Pinion Gear $6 (AGI)
4>Spring Guide
-Systema V.3 $14 (AEX)
5>Bushings
-CA Steel, 6mm $14 (AEX)
-Angel 6mm $16 (ASA)
-Guarder Steel 6mm. $12 (ASA)
6>Motors
-Systema Magnum $90 (ASA)
-Systema Genuine $40 (ASA)
-Systema Magnum ($80 (ASP)
7>Tappet Plates
-Area 1000 v.3 $15 (ASA)
-Guarder v.3 $9 (ASA)
8> Switch Unit
-Plan on buying $80 - $100 MOSFET unit.
B> HOP UNIT
1> SRC Metal Hop G36 $30 (AGI)
C>TB note (I DID NOT SHOP AT ASA)
1> Choices
-CA 6.04 mm. G36C (248 mm) $30 (AGI)
-JBU 6.03 mm. G36C $30 (AGI)
-Systema 6.03 mm. G36C $35 (AGI)
2> So far recommended to use 6.03 for this particular mod.
D> External
I will deal with shopping for these parts. Right now internals are the most important.

I may have neglected some other items like a non-reverse lever for the gear set; I will deal with these parts myself. There is a idea of what i want. Right now however my money is a little tight, so i need to know what I can use from this list, and what to avoid. The parts and what not will be prioritized. Again i wish i could have just scanned it. I have this whole notebook which has the crap highlighted out of it. lol
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:01 pm

i have a question . ho much money is that all gonne be and what other aegs do u have because i have a jg g36c and i was wondering idf there was anything better like somthing u woul dhave cus u seem to be a veteran
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frankenstein G36C Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frankenstein G36C   Frankenstein G36C Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frankenstein G36C
Page 1 of 1