Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UnderAgeSofter
Private
Private

ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Empty
PostSubject: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:34 pm

After being told about the Combat Machine from G&G I've been looking at these two guns:

ICS M4 Sportline:
Made from High-Quality Polymer with a multi-metal piece barrel and gearbox. Has metal bushings, working forward assists, and a working charging handle. Adjustable Hop-up. Has a 2 split gearbox (so easy to upgrade if i want). Shoots 350-365 FPS and has a decent ROF. Package comes with just gun and a 300 rd magazine. Costs $175.

G&G Combat Machine:
Partially metal gun (Evike says it's metal but i'm not so sure) with the same high torque motor gearbox that is in high-quality G&G guns. Fully compatible with Tokyo Marui and G&G high-end parts. Metal Bushings, A working forward assist and possibly working charging handle. Adjustable hop-up. Shoots 330-350 FPS and has a decent ROF. Package comes with gun, unjamming rod and a 450 rd high-cap magazine. Costs $140.

I'm sort of stuck between the two. I like the ICS Sportline because of the metal bushings, forward assist, charging handle and the 2 split gearbox; and it has higher FPS. BUT i also like the G&G because it comes with the same gearbox that is in the $300 G&G guns, metal bushings, a working forward assist and it has a higher cap magazine for $25 less. I think I might just go with the G&G now.

Last edited by UnderAgeSofter on Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:44 pm

I can tell you all about the G&G Combat Machine,
First, bushings inside the gearbox are metal 8mm, gearbox is version 2, not split like the ics one. Forward assist works to decompress the spring/reset the gears (A very nice addition) Charging handle works (If you have the blow back series) and yes the hop up is adjustable by opening the dust cover. If you want any other info on it, just ask.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dancsbt
UnderAgeSofter
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:47 pm

OK Thanks i'll update that in the topic. I'm not getting the blow-back version so the charging handle doesn't work? Is the G&G partially metal or is it all plastic?
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:17 pm

Your barrel and carrying handle should be metal, front sight should be, buffer tube and charging handle should be metal, the body is not "plastic" it is a very strong nylon fiber, you will like it im sure.
Back to top Go down
UnderAgeSofter
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Ok thanks.
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:28 pm

I just ordered the G&G in tan. I was trying to decide between that, the ICS, an echo 1 or a CYMA AK, but picked it because of the lower fps. The lower FPS makes it CQB legal at my local field without any spring changes. Throwing it out there, if you wanna cqb the G&G might also be better.
Back to top Go down
UnderAgeSofter
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:46 am

Wertuk wrote:
I just ordered the G&G in tan. I was trying to decide between that, the ICS, an echo 1 or a CYMA AK, but picked it because of the lower fps. The lower FPS makes it CQB legal at my local field without any spring changes. Throwing it out there, if you wanna cqb the G&G might also be better.

Well it'll be in a sort of backyard/woods mostly. And it's going against 2 360-375 FPS guns. I don't want to get an AK, and i've realized that if i'm only going to use it every other week or so that i shouldn't spend $230 on an echo scar. So for the ICS it's an extra $25. Do you think it's worth it over the G&G for a backyard/woods environment? Or would the G&G be a better deal?
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 2:35 am

I believe the G&G would be ideal, ICS I know my president has one he uses, has an great rate of fire, but the G&G can put the rounds down the field on target very well. My g4a3 was based off of a Combat Machine and it was hitting out to around 150 ft accurately. 200 you could hit, but it was about 50% of the time with a 3-4 foot spread. I have no details on the ICS or echo1. But the G&G can be easily upgraded (I am proof I have just nearly completed mine) So if you ever go from backyard airsofter to playing more seriously, I know it is a good gun.
Back to top Go down
UnderAgeSofter
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:30 am

But because of the lower fps, wouldn't you think that the ICS would be better against a gun with 360-375 fps? Or would the G&G combat machine still hold up pretty well?
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:09 pm

Watch this video..

Back to top Go down
UnderAgeSofter
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Ok Thanks. I've made the decision that i'm going with the g&g. just one last question. I know that it fits an 8.4v mini and a 9.6v nunchuck, but does it fit a 9.6v mini?
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm

That i can not answer, you can go to www.airsoftanswers.com
and ask that question, I am only good with crane stocks and batteries, not handgrips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?   ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ICS M4 Sportline or G&G Combat Machine?
Page 1 of 1