Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Need to increase range on gun.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
david
Major
Major
david

Need to increase range on gun. Empty
PostSubject: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:10 am

I have the g&g gr16 r4 and I love it... I just wanna increase its range considering that I'm sniper support. Any ideas? It has a .603 tightbore or 6.03... I don't know were the decimal goes but you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:08 am

i would recommend using heavier bb's, getting a full cylinder (has done wonders for me) also getting a different hop-up spacer such as an H-nub
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:28 pm

Systema Full Metal Hop Up Unit
KWA 2GX Bucking
Prometheus Tight Bore
.28G bb's
M120 Spring

-Griffin
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Preacher wrote:
Systema Full Metal Hop Up Unit
KWA 2GX Bucking
Prometheus Tight Bore
.28G bb's
M120 Spring

-Griffin

Won't a new spring wear my motor?
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:21 pm

You don't need an M120; M100s are perfect. It is still CQB legal, but good in field games.
I put a prommy 6.03, SCS nub and new bucking in my GR16, the accuracy and range are great now. You GR16 should be chronoing around 330, and IMO its perfect. What I put in will cost around $100, and I didn't need to open the mechbox.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:30 pm

Wertuk wrote:
You don't need an M120; M100s are perfect. It is still CQB legal, but good in field games.
I put a prommy 6.03, SCS nub and new bucking in my GR16, the accuracy and range are great now. You GR16 should be chronoing around 330, and IMO its perfect. What I put in will cost around $100, and I didn't need to open the mechbox.

Prommy? I'm a noob so I don't know what that nub, or buckings are. And what do you mean by cqb legal?
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:45 pm

A Prometheus tight-bore, very nice. The nub is the point that presses down on the rubber hopup piece that fits around the barrel (called the bucking). SCS nubs are rounded to fit the bb and give it more consistent spin than a single contact nub that is stock.
Edit, Oh and CQB legal. Often times the FPS limit of indoor arenas or close quarters outdoor fields is lower than that of other outdoor fields. I like to keep my AEG shooting under 335 fps, as that is the FPS limit of CQB fields around me.

Last edited by Wertuk on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Wertuk wrote:
A Prometheus tight-bore, very nice. The nub is the point that presses down on the rubber hopup piece that fits around the barrel (called the bucking). SCS nubs are rounded to fit the bb and give it more consistent spin than a single contact nub that is stock.

Why would I need another 6.03 tightbore?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:19 pm

david wrote:
Wertuk wrote:

don't bother with another tbb, you are good to go. I do recommend just getting some different parts for the hop-up like the h-nub or the SCS concave spacer, also some prometheus bucking. That should make you all set. about $20 bucks for the space and bucking. (a good deal if you ask me, increases performance by a lot, with so little work and such a low price!)
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:24 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
david wrote:
Wertuk wrote:

don't bother with another tbb, you are good to go. I do recommend just getting some different parts for the hop-up like the h-nub or the SCS concave spacer, also some prometheus bucking. That should make you all set. about $20 bucks for the space and bucking. (a good deal if you ask me, increases performance by a lot, with so little work and such a low price!)

K thanks were do I get the bucking though?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:37 pm

woops, forgot you had said you had a tightbore. Go with what NN2H said.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Wertuk wrote:
woops, forgot you had said you had a tightbore. Go with what NN2H said.

K thanks
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:26 am

Both are good, get both Wink the bucking and the spacer~
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:40 am

Don't get the hard bucking if you aren't putting a M120 spring in. The soft bucking is what you should get.

Hard buckings are generally for 400-ish + FPS.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Preacher wrote:
Don't get the hard bucking if you aren't putting a M120 spring in. The soft bucking is what you should get.

Hard buckings are generally for 400-ish + FPS.
I want everyones advice on this... would it be better to get the hard or soft bucking?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:07 pm

Oopsie, yeah i picked the wrong one, you want to go with the Soft bucking. Hard bucking is for a higher fps, reason for this being it is made out of a stronger material so that if doesn't fold up from the bb contact.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:36 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
Oopsie, yeah i picked the wrong one, you want to go with the Soft bucking. Hard bucking is for a higher fps, reason for this being it is made out of a stronger material so that if doesn't fold up from the bb contact.

Can I get the link?

p.s. my friend said a different piston would help... true?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:36 am

it would i suppose, but are you willing to go inside the gearbox? i think a full cylinder is more effective than a different piston.

here is the bucking~
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=31081
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to increase range on gun.   Need to increase range on gun. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need to increase range on gun.
Page 1 of 1