Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Range or accuracy

Go down 
+5
Alabama_Sniper
TheJim
M14 double-taps
kkoerber
Sniper004
9 posters

Range or accuracy
Range
Range or accuracy Vote_lcap5%Range or accuracy Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Accuracy
Range or accuracy Vote_lcap95%Range or accuracy Vote_rcap
 95% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:56 am

do you guys prefer to have extreme range and 50% accuracy or do you prefer to get closer and know youll hit your target (first poll, be forgiving)
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 11:01 am

i think that a verriation of range and accuracy are improtant. i like to shoot far with accuracy. thats why i use a well l96
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:52 pm

ACCURACY.

To get the most out of the activity, sport, whatever you call it the wont start a debate here, you have to suit YOUR needs, YOUR tactics, and YOUR playing style. Many will look at this post and say "PSSHHHH obvious, ACCURACY!" But I know quite a few people who would pick range. It all depends on your type of game, people vary in many different ways, some of you would be surprised.

The accuracy, in my opinion, is superior to the range of a gun. HMG's meant to suppress fire, however, typically have a better range than accuracy. But I chose accuracy because It is a little more realistic in most cases I think, and I usually tend to try to get very close to my oppenents before taking the shot (Unless it is an organized assault on a fixed position, I'll usually plant myself somewhere not close, but not far away, in the brush where I can provide a certain kind of support for my team that confuses the enemy, making them look around for me while my team is also advancing through a barrage of covering fire. I act sort of like a DMR) so the range isn't as neccesary for me as the accuracy is.

But thats just me Cool
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 4:48 pm

Accuracy is more important, but only just. You need to be able to hit a man sized target at 70m with 1 in every 3 shots at least for it to be worth sniping, as AEGS have a max range of 50m generally. But it's no use reaching 100m if you can't hit anything at that range.

In any case, put the right upgrades in and use the right ammo and you won't have to choose between the two!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:08 am

the main reason i put this poll on here is beause my friend and i are both snipers and he has about 250 ft with .28 but only descent accuracy, i have 180ft with .30 and have excellent accuracy . we are always argueing which is the better set up
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:19 am

If you can't hit the target then range ain't gonna help you there , ACCURRACCY . cock sucker
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
sticks.13

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:26 pm

Both,

I found that .25's or .28's give me more range and more accuracy then anything lower. I'm using a gun that shoots 388 consistently(my VSR). My range ATM is in the 250ft range. Pretty good if you ask me, I can go further but after that its just luck.

I broke my furthest shot record at a game a week back, 240ish feet. I got him in the neck. After the apology he said it was no biggy and that he probably would not have felt it had it not hit him there or his head.

sticks
I am actually not black... weird huh!?!
Back to top Go down
TacOps Utah
Private
Private
TacOps Utah

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:12 am

Accuracy, but a "shorter" range for me (60 to 80 meters) is still well out of range for them..

With my L96 at 60 to 80 meters I can put down a 6" pattern about 95% of the time.. The best I can hope for with my M4A1 is maybe 30 meters with 50% accuracy.

As long as I can swat 'em before thay can reach me... I'm a happy boy.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:04 am

Accuracy!!!!! Everything else is just `` Spraying and Praying´´
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:35 pm

TacOps Utah I believe you are wildly overestimating your range or groupings. Not to criticise but I have NEVER encountered a rifle that could get a 6" group at 80 metres and I believe that's impossible unless you're firing WELL over 500fps and using very heavy ammo with a "Watch your language" of a lot of upgrades.

Not having a go just find it a little doubtful.

Jim
Back to top Go down
STAT
Corporal
Corporal
STAT

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:28 pm

I think its a Quality over Quantity this is what a snipers job is, don't spray but get the quality shot from a range that the target can feel the round hit and not tell what angle that you are firing from now if your looking for range over accuracy you might have to spray or at least long burst and it would be easy for the target to know your location and his unit also remember its shoot and scoot not shooooooooooooooooot and scoot
Back to top Go down
http://www.smtactical.com http://www.tango-5.com
Sponsored content

Range or accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Range or accuracy   Range or accuracy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Range or accuracy
Page 1 of 1