Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ostentatious1
Private
Private
Ostentatious1

North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress. Empty
PostSubject: North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress.   North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:55 pm

Hello all:

We (as in me & the crew) are trying to revive an old paintball play area.

It's great. I heave... heard, that someone MAY have scouted out the facility.

It's called "Factory Paintball Arena"
2400 Commonwealth Avenue
North Chicago, IL 60064
(847) 473-2400

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=great+lakes,+il+paintball&fb=1&gl=us&hq=paintball&hnear=Great+Lakes,+North+Chicago,+IL&ei=HpncTPavFY2knAesmIgX&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAYQtgMwAA&iwloc=12337136740434880096

I have been there (also drive part it twice a day to & from work), and it's obvious that it's been boarded & closed up for quite a while.
It's perfect Smile
I checked online, and all I could find on this place was a brief review - from someone named "Douglas Y" on Sept of '04...
I called the number associated with the business - but all I ever got was the opportunity to leave numerous messages expressing our interest in the facility, no response as of yet.

It's an old warehouse, divided up into different sections. 2 story in portions, adjoining buildings that MAY possibly be used. Perfect as I said. Heh.
Were trying to go about it the legal way because after all, it IS in North Chicago which is not the nicest, and it's not our property obviously.
And if cops see lots of cars parked outside, or HEAR lots of guys running around in the shadows with guns... well the outcome would more than likely be bad for us.
Real guns/Real Cops vs us guys with airsoft guns playing in an abandoned warehouse looking like a bunch of illegal activity is a good way to get shot - for real ;/

I'd love to get this thing off the ground and am going to try to leverage the military to endorse this place as an off duty place to play, & also as a place to train.
Hard to get them to part with money though. Heh.

Let me know if you would like to take part in this, or have any useful info - it would be greatly appreciated.

I'll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Ostentatious1
Private
Private
Ostentatious1

PostSubject: Re: North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress.   North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:53 pm

They got a harsh training schedule for me this week, plus since I live about 1 1/2 Hours away from the site I head home after I'm done to drink beer & let my blood pressure drop a tad.

Not much going to get done by me this week I'm afraid.

Let me know if you find anything.

ANY detail would be helpful, you web researchers Smile .

I have continued to call them, and stopped by again today.

No joy :/
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress.   North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Isn't bb/pellet/paintball illegal within Chicago city limits?
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress.   North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:31 am

I live in the St. Louis area...I would attend if it got up and running!
Unfortunately that's all I can say... Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Ostentatious1
Private
Private
Ostentatious1

PostSubject: Re: North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress.   North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Spl. Durkee: You got me, I haven't studied up on the local area laws yet so I couldn't tel you.
I wouldn't be surprised it they all were, IL has some pretty ANAL "Gun" laws ;/
Maybe that's why the place has been closed for (I'm guessing) about 5 years?
More stuff for me to do in order to get it going, all the legal mumbo jumbo... which is really the hardest - most time consuming part.
When I get some time, hopefully next week I'm gonna get with the legal weenies at work and get them on it, see what they come up with Smile

M14 double-taps: Glad to hear that there's some interest!

I'll post updates when I got something to report.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress.   North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North Chicago, IL - Field revival in progress.
Page 1 of 1