Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Hate on the ARES TAVOR?

Go down 
+4
M14 double-taps
DrummerBoyz95
iliveforthis99
Wertuk
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Empty
PostSubject: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:36 pm

I shot one the other day, and \"Watch your language\", it was nice. I gotta ask, as I may end up getting one as a GI shocker, why do you guys hate em again? Personally it felt REALLY solid, and i LOVE the quick swap spring.
This would be the railed verson, and that was also the one I shot.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:49 am

From what i've heard and read it has real shoddy internals. I was looking into them when they first came out because i'm a huge fan of the real steel version but was turned off by the negative remarks about.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:51 am

I was turned off by the $400 price tag and mild reviews..
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:02 am

I as well have heard nothing but negatives, but from the reviews I've read and my experience with such situations, hears what I THINK happened:

Someone, somewhere, posted a review or made some sort of remark about how it wasn't nicve enough FOR IT'S PRICE TAG, not that it was actually a terrible gun in and of itself. Well this remark was spread and spread and tossed around, as it usually does when a new gun such as this one comes out... (Especially since it was in everyones favorite game, Moddern Gunfare 7) And the remark honestley just got blown out of proportion and turned into people saying the gun itself was crappy.

I've seen this before, and from most of the reviews I've seen that honestley looks like what happened. Now I may be wrong, and please feel free to disagree.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:47 am

True, I have seen cases where someone writes a review and "everyone" else writes a review using the same points just for the sake of posting a review... :\
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
I was turned off by the $400 price tag and mild reviews..
What about the 300 buck sale price? I know for that range I can start getting into KWAs, and other AEGs, but I have a great love for the tavor.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:54 am

Wertuk wrote:
For the price would http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3434 be better?

Yup, I've heard a lot of good things about that
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:20 am

If it's a matter of opinion I'd rather have the M4.
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
I agree whole-heartedly with drummerboyz. m4 all the way. Cool
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:09 pm

A. sniper wrote:
DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
I agree whole-heartedly with drummerboyz. m4 all the way. Cool
I already have a heavily upgraded M4, but I need a backup/new primary that I can use all my current gear with.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:33 am

this is all MHO but in order to save you some $$ it should help,

If you are going to purchase the TAVOR for open play, you will be sadly disappointed, unless you are on a field will insane FPS restrictions this gun is not playable ready.

So to get any kind of enjoyment you can do one or two things.........

Dish out the 300-400 $$ for a new gun, and then hang it on your wall, or
Buy a broken Gun, tear it down, pull out all the internals, upgrade with some middle of the road internals, get it to shoot reliably then Hang it on your wall.

There are entirly to many design flaws, weak areas, problems with this gun, but they do make for an interesting collection piece.

Again, MHO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hate on the ARES TAVOR?   Hate on the ARES TAVOR? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hate on the ARES TAVOR?
Page 1 of 1