Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Not shooting consistently

Go down 
+2
white wolf
david
6 posters
AuthorMessage
david
Major
Major
david

Not shooting consistently Empty
PostSubject: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:14 pm

So my G&G M16 is a great gun, I love it... but lately it hasn't been shooting consistently. For example I shoot 1 shot and the bb drops after about 100 feet, then I turn up the hop up and it shoots like 170 feet, then I shoot it again and it goes back to 100 feet. My friend told me it may be my o-ring... is that right? And if not what do I need to replace?
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:50 pm

something to do with compression (o-ring) or the hop up might be to blame
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Well I have a systema hop up, so I donno probably the o-ring
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Hop up's don\'t have o-rings. They have buckings. The piston does have an o-ring though. If this slipped out of place, you will have to completely disassemble the gearbox. Other reaons may be broken gear teeth, low battery power, bad motor, or a bad spring (Possibly could have slipped out of place), or, your whole gearbox could have cracked in half (highly unlikely, but expect the unexpected!)
Back to top Go down
Breckton
Sergeant
Sergeant
Breckton

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:14 pm

So, basically the best thing you can do is; take it apart and inspect the parts that Alex listed. And if you find a part that is broken, cracked, etc, don't stop and fix just that one part. Look at all the parts. It might be more than one that is causing the problem.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Before you take the darn thing apart, try a fresh battery for a while.

Quote :
The Battery does not affect the FPS, as soon as the sector gear releases the piston, compressed spring energy does all the work, the only thing the battery does is drive the gears to compress the spring
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:59 pm

I always use nice charged batteries in it and it still doesn't shoot consistently, I'm gonna take it to a local airsoft gun shop and get a o-ring and have them install it (it should be fairly cheap)
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 12:16 am

Well, don\'t do that unless you know that's the issue. Have them check it over for you, that way your not throwing money in the trash.
Back to top Go down
Lord Griffin
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 12:49 am

Check everything hop up related (unit, bucking, nub) including the barrel.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:42 am

[quote="alexkmmll"]Well, don\'t do that unless you know that's the issue. Have them check it over for you, that way your not throwing money in the trash.[/quote]

Yeah, they might just say that my gun is fine, like everybody else, but thats the first couple shots only. I'll tell them the problem, see what they think it might be, buy that part... have them put it in.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:50 am

It is most likely a bad O-Ring, but checking the air-seal between the nozzle and the bucking mate would probably be a good suggestion because you did replace the hop-up unit.

Definitely take it to a shop and have them check it out if you're not comfortable doing the repairs yourself. Smile Good luck.

Quote :
Hop up's don\'t have o-rings. They have buckings. The piston does have an o-ring though. If this slipped out of place, you will have to completely disassemble the gearbox. Other reaons may be broken gear teeth, low battery power, bad motor, or a bad spring (Possibly could have slipped out of place), or, your whole gearbox could have cracked in half (highly unlikely, but expect the unexpected!)

@Alex If it was anything like broken gear teeth the OP would have reported grinding sounds ^ Also a bad electrical issue would cause a rapid drain on any battery due to a short, or no function at all (open). Typically a lot of heat build up in the motor and battery. In a permanent magnet DC motor, the ones airsoft guns use, the insulation wont melt unless there was intense strain coming from the load (gearbox).
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Thank you lone wolf! I appreciate your reccomendations
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:46 pm

You're welkome Friend
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not shooting consistently   Not shooting consistently Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not shooting consistently
Page 1 of 1