Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

orange cap

Go down 
+8
Lone Wolf
kkoerber
Alabama_Sniper
TheJim
Sniper004
sticks.13
.25 Gram Sniper
Russ
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Russ
Corporal
Corporal
Russ

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Is it or is it not illegal to remove an orange tip? is it ok to have one that snaps on and off so you don't have to have one on while playing?
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:17 pm

I believe it is legal to remove the orange tip but if a police officer comes over I would put the tip on or set the gun down because the police officer can shoot you if he believes it is real. This has happened before.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:56 pm

Really it depends on your location. certain areas(suburbs vs city boundries or city by city) have different rules as far as removing the orange tip goes. It IS illegal to ship a gun without an orange tip no matter where you live in the US.

The best way to "remove" an orange ip would be to just take electrical tape and tape over the tip, if a cop pulls you over then just pull it off if its ilegal.

If you want to know about you specific area ask the police department.

DON'T CALL 911 FOR THE INFO.... CALL 411 OR ANOTHER NON EMERGENCY #.

^ask your parents/google you local info number.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:15 am

its a federal offense says on the box of the gun
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:51 pm

They say its an offense that doesn't mean that you can't take it off. But seriously I would keep it on most of the time.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:16 pm

I love the UK we don't have to have those silly orange tips!
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Lucky... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:51 pm

Actually orange tips are needed for customs ( shipping ) only , my Momma works at the post office so I know , Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:56 am

my momma works at the post office. spawn of post officials UNITE!!! lol
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:47 pm

but in the UK i thought a new law passed that the gun has to be painted in florescent colors
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:10 pm

No it only applies to retailers. UKARA says that all airsoft retailers in the UK are strictly limited to clear LPEG's and Airsoft pistols. which sucks. Im not to sure on this correct me if im wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:33 pm

Quote :
my momma works at the post office. spawn of post officials UNITE!!!

My mom does too! lol... Laughing
Back to top Go down
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:41 pm

My grandma works at the post office. lol
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:05 am

Hahahaha I took mine off and the cops are always in my neighborhood and they see it all the time and don't really mind so I guess it's just the location in which you live. I know it is illegal to ship it with out the orange tip though.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Yeah which is why I keep my orange tip handy , I acidentally blew mine off . Don't ask .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
slob212
slob212

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:22 pm

If I remember Correctly, the removal, covering, or Painting over of the Orange Safety cap is A Federal Offense that can be punished with up to a 500$ fine and 30 days in the Gray Bar Hotel.

The cap is not just there to help you from not getting shot, it is also there to protect the Law Enforcment Official, in case he does decide to SHOOT Shocked , if you remove, tape it, re-paint it, depending on where you play, he/she could consider it to be a real weapon, and he/she would be justified if they decide to pull the Trigger.

If you are Playing on a legal field, and they allow the replacement of the cap, then go for it, If you are doing street wars in the neighborhood, leave it alone.

Here is a Little story for you, all true, happened here where I live,

It was Carnival time, last year, one of the underage players here decided to wear his Kit and to take his G3SG1 to the local parade and party ( he was 15 at the time ).
A neighbor saw him walking down the street, called the police and reported, an Armed MAN, dressed in Terrorist clothes carring a long Sniper Rifle walking in the direction of the town middle Shocked .

To make a long story short, and you have to picture this !!!
There was a complete and total terrorist alert, in the Middle of the parade, the KSK, fast roped into the parade, the local police surrounded this kid, everybody had their guns drawn, and treated this fool like he was the real deal. Needless to say, he was more than a little scared but still alive. What would have happened if somebody had an itchy trigger finger ? What would have happened if the kid raised his rifle ? We donīt have that Orange Safty cap on our Guns here, but it is now illegal to carry our Rifles or Airsoft weapons openly. You have them, they are there for your protection, if you are playing in the open, donīt mess with them.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:30 pm

To clarify to you Yankies the laws here in the UK now...

UKARA legislation now means:

-You must be over 18 to buy an airsoft gun (you don't need to be under 18 to OWN an airsoft gun)
-You must be over 18 and UKARA registered (have attended 3 skirmishes in 2 months and then paid a Ģ20 registration fee) to buy a RIF (realistic imitation firearm) but to buy a TwoTone gun, you just need to be over 18.

This does not affect private sales because that's totally impossble to enforce. Also you can pretty easily get the paint off and krylon your gun, which is perfectly legal if you airsoft at a site with Public Liability Insurance.

What's laughable is that you can get a shotgun liscence as soon as you can life a shotgun and a firearms liscence (any real steel single projectile firing weapon) at 17! a year before you can get airsoft versions!

Incidentally, in the UK any real steel weapon with a barrel shorter than 24 inches, that fires automatic or that has a magazine capacity of more than 10 is illegal, limiting you to shotguns and hunting rifles except in exemplary circumstances e.g. being a registered deer hunter where a single-shot despatching pistol is legal.

Jim
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:34 pm

Also the reason that we have no orange caps is because carrying any real or realistic weapon in public is illegal and the armed police will get called (and judging by that incident on the london underground you'll get gunned down instantly) So the only time airsoft guns are used is on private property or at registered airsoft sites.

Jim
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:07 pm

don't you guys have special police units with guns? instead of having every officer carry a sidearm, like here in the USA...... personally I like the idea of having special gun units in the force. Theres been over 20 misshootings this year in my city alone. I understand why they happened but its getting really crazy over here. My cousin lives in NYC and she almost got shot when a cop was shooting at a gang member who was running in front of her apartment. Not exactly the way their supposed to shoot but oh well.

oh as a disclaimer I'm not against any of the police forces over here, I'm just stating some RARE happenings.

sticks
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:35 am

Yeah we do. We have regular police in patrol cars. They just have a ballistic vest or sometimes just stab proof, a taser gun and a nightstick. Then we have armed police who are kitted out with HK submachine guns (usually MP5's) and glocks with full ballistics vests.

In london we actually have a few of these armed police on regular foot patrol, and all police in our airports are just as heavily armed.

Since it's much harder for anyone to get guns in this country, the police don't need to defend themselves. It's also a much better idea IMO to send in regular police on non-weapon related crimes and let the highly trained armed police squads deal with guncrime.

The only incident where people have had a problem with the armed police is when, just after 7/7 they killed a brazilian man who ran when they called after him on the london underground. I think shooting him 9 times in the head was excessive and it's pretty clear that they opened fire mostly because he was dark-skinned and running away....

Jim
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:14 pm

i am planning on become a street cop and i like the idea of having a gun because what if that 55 year old guy is really a mass murderer and just killed a guy and you pull him over for a broken tail light and he thinks other wise. But thats just me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:00 pm

America sounds scary if sh*t like that happens! I lived in LA (thousand Oaks) for a year and America just seemed like a great place lol.

Jim
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:04 pm

America is a great place but there are some places that you rarely hear about and bad stuff happens there. This may be for a reason /hint hint /nudge /nudge
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:30 pm

The Orange Tip is there for your Saftey, Removing it, re-Painting it, is just going to increase your chances of having trouble with the law. Never mind Increasing the possibility of getting shot !! Shocked .

Here in Germany we donīt have the Probem with the Orange Cap, but then again we donīt have the Purchase and Playing possibilities that you do in America.

Iīm going to close this Thread and open another under General Discussion, just to show you you how good you really have it, and PLEASE, I know for a fact that the laws also change from State to State, so lets here from you.

Greetings all
slob212
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

orange cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: orange cap   orange cap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

orange cap
Page 1 of 1