Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You

Go down 
+14
panic324
Sniper004
Nathan15
sambam2011
djstasevich
WorldsEdge
slob212
Gracie
Lone Wolf
sticks.13
killyouno5
AFU
pasniper21
Alabama_Sniper
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should A Reloading Airsofter Still Be Considered A Target And Be Fired At
No ( Why )
Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Vote_lcap13%Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Yes ( Why )
Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Vote_lcap87%Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Vote_rcap
 87% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Empty
PostSubject: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:10 pm

To me I say no , and it really all just comes on down to airsoft ettiquet and being a merciful airsofter and ma ny of you may have had read my post on the matter earlier on during the Roger's Standing orders post . I stand beside my belief , and while I do not beleive in making you change your opinions onto the matter , really I did not post this to change you mind on the matter of wheither a reloading target should be really considered a target , but really just to imform ya'll about my belief on and about the matter , and to here yours as well . Please If you cast a vote on this poll be ready to defend your belief by posting why , and reposting your answer . Well here is my opinion and the defence of my said opinion . Again as I really as I said above it all really comes down really to airsoft ettiquet and being a really good and merciful airsofter , not that your opinion will make you any more or less of an airsofter , just a different one from others . Many of you may disagree with me , as I found in my earlier posts , but I stand firm whenever I say , no a reloading target should not be considered a target at all . I say this because to me , a reloading target is no different from one that has already surrendered or one that no longer has a gun to use , may this be from being out of ammo or out of gas , Co2 , gun being jammed , or battery low . Have any of you seen Fly Boys whenever the German Fighter Pilot Shoots Down The American Fighter Pilot , and after the American hits the ground , he still remains very much alive , but the German , even though the American can no longer fight back , flys low enough to get the American Pilot , who all of this time is out of his plain and kills him dead now up in the skys is one thing but that was cold blooded murder and this next example is too , another example is off of Saving Private Ryan , whenever the Germans surrender then the other soldiers from America kill them both again in cold blooded murder . Some of you may disagree with me by saying that this is completely different from shooting a reloading target , or maybe some of you may say that shooting a reloading target in the real world is bad , but not so much in airsoft , or maybe there are a few of you out there that agree with me , this topic also is related to the shooting of a German soldier in World War One , the German is taking a bath , well he is defenseless , but a British Sniper has orders to kill the man at all costs, so instead of taking the shot himself , the sniper was a very well known gentleman back in England , so he thought that shooting a defenseless target would be wrong , let another soldier take aim and kill the German , from almost a mile away . Well I have said enough and will end the disscuision here , thanks for reading this , oh and please feel free to debate the subject as much as you would like here , so that we don;t so called " hijack " the Roger's Orders forum .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:32 pm

Wow nice post. I am in the middle. First off as i stated in the Roger's thread we use a system where you have to get back to the ammo dump, and then you are safe. I do believe that a reloading target for the most part should be a target. This is because first off you should conserve your ammo. Someone who rushes in guns a blaze then runs out of ammo should not be protected for his stupidity. Which is what I think just holding down the trigger is. Second off someone could lie and say that they are out of ammo just so they don't get hit. I've had expirences with this a few times, and it is quite annoying. I see your point though, and that is why I use the method I do. I don't believe that if someone is back at their base reloading, and completly defensless that they shouldn't be a target.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Reloading your rifle is all part of the game, it brings forth a challenge to be met. You must adapt and overcome. In real life the enemy won't give you a chance to reload your gun.

Of course, feel free to make whatever rules you want during your own operations, but I feel that once a game starts, anything should be welcome (Except for cheating).

In the AFU, reloading your gun isn't an excuse to remove yourself from play. For that matter, neither is having to tie your shoe, adjusting your hat (removing your safety glasses/goggles is a good way to never be invited back ( In the emergency case of eye protection malfunction, we set a small protected area aside that is free of fire)).

In my opinion the only thing that warrants not being fired at is complete equipment malfunction, where in the AFU, you must remove yourself from play and go to the none-fire zone to fix your equipment.

Wouldn't it be unfair that after several minutes of fighting, someone (who you might have just shot) can claim he was reloading. It is making cheating even easier for those who cheat, even if they play fair they can still run out of ammunition and claim safety from a kill.

Killing a man who surrendered is different from killing the enemy. If you let the enemy live, they will come back to kill you later. That American soldier in saving private Ryan would have been charged with murder, but that pilot was doing his job.

"Your job is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor men die for theirs".
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 9:41 pm

haha nice post I belive I am with A_S on this you should wait untill the other guy is ready to fight again. But I also heard of a world war 1 story of a american sniper taking aim at a german officer while he was taking a bath but instead of shooting him there he waited untill the man was done with the bath and was redressed in his uniform before taking the shot. This shows the american had resect for the german and instead of just shooting and getting it over with he waited for the man to get redressed and have some dignity before he died. Some of you may wonder what this has to do with airsoft. Although you most likly wont find a guy taking a bath in the middle of a airsoft war you will most likly find one who is reloading. I would think that instead of getting a guy who obviasly can't defend himself wait for him to reload or at least tell him he is out so he doesnt have to get hit with an unnessisary bb.Or if you really have a ichy trigger finger hit him in the foot or somewhere where he will feel the bb but it wont hurt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Killyouno5: That was actually a British officer and he had his spotter take the shot.

wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Graves#First_World_War

personally I used to use this rule back when I played with friends in the backyard; however that was there because no one had a speed loader, and there was minimal cover. Had everyone had a speed loader and or some more cover that rule would not have been used. As others have stated it sends the wrong messages, and causes more 'praying and spraying'.

sticks
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Sry I got that wrong but even still I don't think it is right to shoot someone if you don't have to.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:19 pm

Yes a reloading airsofter should be shot at, but not considered hit right off the bat. Here is why, If you are playing a milsim game reloading is not considered a emergency. The player, to not get hit should build experience and effeciency in keeping his/her mags loaded even in the middle of a fire fight. Find cover keep your side arm handy, reload your mags...
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:23 am

They should be hit because in my opinun it makes the game more fun. It makes it edgier knowing that you have to watch your ammo and when you run out you have to get in a good spot or have your friend cover you. It adds more tactics to airsoft and tactics are my favorite part about airsoft
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:08 am

Ok I see where you are coming from but really if you are totally out then you shouldent even be on the field I would just call myself out and go back to base so I could reload and then join in later and let the other guys keep on playing.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:21 am

Personaly I think your example from FlyBoys is weak, the Pilot that was shot on the ground was no longer a combatant, his method and means for fighting was destroyed ( Plane Destroyed ).

A SoftAir Player that has surrendered, of is leaving the Field because of a Malfunction is out of the Game, no doubts there, but somebody who is re-loading is still a participant and an active player on the Field, and in my opinion a legitimate Target, do you think that once he/she is done re-loading, they are going to give you a Pass, not a chance !! Once they are re-loaded, Locked-Cocked and Ready to Rock, you are going to be engaged.

Re-loading is not a Malfunction, or Emergency, it is part of the Game.

Try Playing a Mil-Sim where Hi-Caps are forbidden, nothing but Low or Mid caps, and a good Mil-Sim also restricts the number of magazines you can carry, usualy 7. Re-Loading is a aspect that plays a pivitol role in the outcome of alot of the Battles. Consolidation-Re-orginization, after major engagements.

Giving a player a ``PASS´´, is an individual choice, but think of this....

Your Team is attacking a fixed position, your opponent has to Re-load, are you going to stop Play, until they are ready to continue ?? or are you going to use the Tactical advantage that you have just gained to help you accomplish your mission ???
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 2:44 pm

Of course like I said , I don't think that it should be a rule not to shoot a reloading player , but more or less a personal choice , I don't do it because to me , it seems like the target is defenseless , but if the target in question were to pull out a sidearm , then hes ok to open up on . Maybe its a little different with me being a sniper and the target most of the time not even knowing that I am there until they feel the bb(s) inpact . Also I think that I was somewhat misunderstood , I don't think that every one should stop playing and a time out should be called when reloading , I just beleive that if I crossed over into a foxhole and found a target reloading , then I would not shoot him , in real life or otherwise , to me it just wouldn't feel right and seems as though you are taking advantage of a defenseless player , and to me sounds cruel . Many of you , and when I say many I really do mean many of you , said that is the shoe was on the other foot , or in this case the gun in the other hand , that you wouldn't get the same curstesy of reloading in peace , but thats just the point , and I believe it all just comes down into character , what you do when no one is looking .
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:33 pm

Well A-S like I said, it is a personal choice,

I have givin players a `` PASS´´ on the field, usually when I see a Player that is actualy Busting a Gut to accomplish the Mission, going all out, sometimes even pulling off the inpossible to see it through to the bitter end, and I just didn´t have the heart to take them out, not that it would have influenced the outcome one way or the another. I was just thinking that at the time, after such a Herculean effort, he/she should be allowed to try just a little longer. Somebody caught reloading ?? Sorry, No Mercy for the Unprepared !!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

but thats just me
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:55 pm

Wow, if I saw someone doing the amazing, I would do everything in my power to take them out. A personal badge of honor that I (for at least one moment in time) was better than that player.

Note: It is impossible to truly be and remain better than another person (yes everyone is better at some things). But while you may be better at one moment, he/she might be better at another.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:03 pm

If I found a guy busting a gut to finish something and he was doing it I would try to take him or her out first but if I saw a guy who was just sitting behind something reloading and he wasn't doing much in the war anyways then I would be more reluctant to shoot him or her. Everyone has there own idea of what is right and no matter what you will come to the point where you have to make that desission on weather or not to shoot.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:42 pm

I wouldn't think of it as you are killing a defenseless target. I would think of it as, you are preventing a future enemy from killing your comrades.

Think of it like this. If you are playing chess, and your opponent moves a piece as a sacrifice and you see what he missed, that if you take the sacrifice you can win in less moves than he can. Do you take the sacrifice and win, or move somewhere else because the sacrifice doesn't deserve to be killed unknowingly by his own master?
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:55 pm

Well many consider the sniper as a cold blooded killer because he or she takes shots with out the target knowing what killed him or her , to me that is not true , and what you stated above AFU is also true , I agree with the chess part but not with the airsoft part . Many people have what I like to call an Airsoft Personality , some are merciful and while others are cold blooded no mercy airsofters , I am the first one . While those are not the only airsoft personalities , they are the only relevant to the current conversation . Also a persons regular airsofting personality has nothing to do and does not reflect on their regualar personality
Back to top Go down
WorldsEdge
Corporal
Corporal
WorldsEdge

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:23 pm

i think yes, in reality theres no pause to reload. its just seems right to me. plus, i know ppl who would abuse the rule
Back to top Go down
http://www.kowkingdom.com
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:55 pm

I am not trying to make it a rule , just curtesy . I wouldn't like for it to be a rule , because it would be abused , while if it stays as just being curtesy , then people wouldn't be able to abuse the rule .
Back to top Go down
WorldsEdge
Corporal
Corporal
WorldsEdge

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:47 pm

fair enough, i mean logic says shoot the guy shooting at you right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kowkingdom.com
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 4:47 pm

When you reload in war can you still be shot? definitely still a target.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Yeah but its not a question of can , its should , I mean would you .
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Yeah but its not a question of can , its should , after all I mean would you .
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:07 am

Twisted Evil To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women. Twisted Evil

Shoot First !!

It is better to be Judged by Twelve, than to be carried by Six !!!
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Well I guess somewhere there is a good logic , anway , I'm gonna stick to my curtesy .
Back to top Go down
sambam2011
Sergeant
Sergeant
sambam2011

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:46 pm

i definalty think that a reloading player is still a target...to game the game more relistic and fun...however my team uses the "bang bang" rule or haha Plastic Knife rule when you come acrossed a reloader at close ranges...but if you are not within 10 yard their is no mercy Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You   Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should A Reloading Airsofter Be Considered A Target , Please Read The Post Below Before Voting Thanks To You
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next