Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

motors and gearbox's and tightbores

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

motors and gearbox's and tightbores Empty
PostSubject: motors and gearbox's and tightbores   motors and gearbox's and tightbores Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:25 pm

ok so I've been looking at prices on motors, gearbox's and tightbores (oh my! Laughing ) and I have been wondering are they all worth it? I mean the tight bore makes the gun have a greater range and FPS yes? also what is the best motor and gearbox you can get for the E1 SCAR I really want to upgrade it but im not sure what to get. I've heard systema is excelent but is there any cheaper alternatives for gearboxes and motors?
Back to top Go down
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: motors and gearbox's and tightbores   motors and gearbox's and tightbores Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:29 pm

just get the inner barrel you don't need any other things but make sure it's the right size not to long or short and maybe put a silencer on the SCAR that would look beast
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: motors and gearbox's and tightbores   motors and gearbox's and tightbores Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:41 pm

ok haha i also have the barrel extension Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: motors and gearbox's and tightbores   motors and gearbox's and tightbores Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:45 pm

well, it's really up to what you want out of your gun. Echo1s have pretty solid internals, so a gearbox or motor aren't necessities right now. If you want range of fps, sure, get a tightbore. If you want increased reliability, and to some extent, RoF, get a new gearbox or motor. Also, a weaker spring will increase RoF, but sacrifice fps. If you want more RoF, you could get a larger battery, but then you might want a new motor in the long run.
Back to top Go down
sambam2011
Sergeant
Sergeant
sambam2011

PostSubject: Re: motors and gearbox's and tightbores   motors and gearbox's and tightbores Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:11 pm

I think it would be sweet to drop in a KWA m4 gearbox with a nice motor, then youd have velocity +speed...
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: motors and gearbox's and tightbores   motors and gearbox's and tightbores Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:08 pm

nice idea sambam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: motors and gearbox's and tightbores   motors and gearbox's and tightbores Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:58 am

Quality parts are going to cost you more,

The amount of money that you spend should be based upon the type of games that you play.
If you are doing Backyard AS, or small Friend Speed games, then most tuning and tuning parts are really not for you, yes it is great to have the best AS Gun on the playing field, but sooner or later your friends are going to get sick and tired of getting Smoked by you and won´t want to play.

If you are doing small Events, and Team Games, then you should consider investing in some tuning parts, just to keep you on a competitive level with the rest of the players. Later when you start taking part in BIG Mil-Sim/RPG Games and Events, there is no way of getting around investing some serious cash in you AS Gun.

As far as the different companies go, they all have Good parts, and Bad. I personally don´t recommend spending the money on `` Drop In ´´ GB´s, as a rule they are overpriced, and only deliver a good performance for a limited time( usually very short ). I have actually come to the conclusion that Companies intentionally put sub-standard parts in their complete GB´s, examples CA, substandard Pistons, SYSTEMA, Springs to include all the minor springs - under rated gears for Main Spring Power.

Compromises can be made in all levels of tuning to save money, it´s just a matter of knowing exactly what it is that you want to achieve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: motors and gearbox's and tightbores   motors and gearbox's and tightbores Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

motors and gearbox's and tightbores
Page 1 of 1