Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Motors

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

Motors Empty
PostSubject: Motors   Motors Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:00 pm

I just have a quick question to ask about motors due to the fact im not a guy who goes into guns an mods away, but are all motors the same and like if not what types are there and what guns do they work for. I ask because i opened up my M4A1 and took the motor out and it is fairly simple concept on the inside but it i got my GB fixed i wouldnt mind buying a new motor to get rid of the JG in there, also when i get the A&k SR-25 i may open her up and do the same.

Thanks for the help

P.S. mods i just realised this is in the general section, could you move it to the ask a pro section? thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Motors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motors   Motors Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:15 pm

There's a "Long-Type" and a "Short-Type", I'm not sure which type goes with each GB, but I can name a few:
V2 uses a Long Type
same with V3 and V6
V7 uses a short type
That's all I know of for sure...
The difference between is how long that gear on top that connects to the Bevel Gear, and how wide.
Not sure exactly how to explain the difference in Motor Brands, except There is Definately one there. I know they help for increasing ROF....Man, I need more research in this Subject than I thought!!
Somebody finish this off for me... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Motors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motors   Motors Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:17 pm

I can agree with what you said DT. Cept for the long and short nice info but i belive like all parts theres higher end and lower. I hear E1s motors are nice but im not sure.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Motors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motors   Motors Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:11 am

There are different types of motors, not just in size,

Size of the motor is based on the type of gun and Gear box,
You have a Short, Medium, and Long, and all three sizes come in either a Standard, High Speed or High Torque version.
Your standard motor depending on who the manufature is, will handle most springs up to the M110 level, but you will see a marked reduction in ROF and a reduction in the time that you can play on one battery.

High Speed motors, should be used in a high ROF gun, thatīs the whole reason for installing this type of motor, they have a high RPM, but only a marginal increase in torque, best up to the M120 level depending on the manufacture.

High Torque motors are for High Power guns, M130 level and above, they will increase your ROF at lower levels of increased tuning, but the are designed to deliver solid performance when you are doing High Power tuning jobs, 1,5 Joule and upwards.

Remember if you are going to be doing the upgrade in motor, depending on what you are trying to achieve, a gear upgrade will most likly be needed also, donīt go dropping a high torque motor into a standard gun, your bevel gear will not be able to withstand the power for long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Motors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motors   Motors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motors
Page 1 of 1