Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

how many airsoft guns should you have?

Go down 
+4
sticks.13
TheOneNamedMike
ncis
BullettheBlueSkky
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

how many airsoft guns should you have? Empty
PostSubject: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:25 pm

i've always had this problem: i keep wanting more airsoft guns, but i don't know if i really need them. my friend (AssualtPowner) has a couple really good ones, but i think that's kinda overkill. how many guns should you have?
Back to top Go down
ncis
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:41 pm

its AssultPwner, and he does have a lot of guns, you should have a main weapon, secondary, perhaps a backup, and maybe a shotgun. about 5 depending on who you are.
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:43 pm

uh, you know who i am.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:05 pm

I have one that fits into every one of my positions

Field: My MK5A4
CQB/Secondary: M3 Shotgun
Sniper: UTG M324

I get more guns for more roles. And plus its fun
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:16 pm

How many roles do you want to play? It also depends on the role you play and the amount of tuning/upgrading you have done to your primary.

ie, if you plan on being the squad SAW gunner, be prepared with atleast a few extra pistons or a backup SAW(Kong from AO uses 2 different SAW's and a backup M4). However if you plan on playing the Squad Leader position then a rifle and pistol or just a rifle is fine(as you probably wont be shooting allot).

Personally I have 4; 3 primaries(echo 1 MTC, TM M4, TM VSR) and a sidearm(3yr old KSC M9). I played with just my TM M4 for the first year that I airsofted, and I like to think that I did fine... Very Happy

I would grab some more airsoft gear rather than a new primary or secondary. Even if you just grab a cross draw vest(or chest rig/ALICE gear) and some midcaps, I guarantee you that you will perform better.

sticks
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:47 pm

thanx. that's what i needed to know.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Like a few have suggested, it's good, while difficult, to have one maybe for each class you play (field, CQB, support, etc) I think no ammount is never too much, but before you go crazy and buy every gun you want, I think you should have at least ONE replica that you dump some upgrades on. That is what I'm going through right now, I have a bunch of AEGs and GBBs, but very few internal upgrades. I have stopped AEG purchasing temporarily and am upgrading the crap out of my KWA M4.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:19 pm

that's a problem, i don't quite know how to upgrade.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Trust me, you may (probably) feel bewildered with all this crazy talk about "Hi-torque motors" or "Tightbore barrels" and "Re-shimmed gears". Just slow down, and take it a little bit at a time. What I started with was I bought a SUPER cheap MP5 and used it until it broke and took it apart, all the way down to inside the GB to see if I could find the problem. It was my first time, and I don't recall actually finding an exact problem, but I got a much better feel for the inside of an AEG and a GB than when I started. Just watch YouTube videos, ask around here at Airsoft Allies, and you will get it and feel comfortable eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:50 pm

ok.
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:45 pm

BullettheBlueSkky wrote:
my friend (AssultPwner) has a couple really good ones, but i think that's kinda overkill.

HEAR I AM!!! Very Happy yes, i do have a lot of guns, but you might not know the problems of some of my guns. some of them are pieces of crap, while others are pretty good. oh, and i have 9 guns to be exact (most of them are cheap). but im starting to do what M14 D-Ts said with my A3G3... UPGRADE!!!

Last edited by AssultPwner on Tue May 26, 2009 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelled M14 D-Ts)
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:49 pm

what do u mean by upgrade?
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:51 pm

i mean what M14 Double-Taps said. its called upgrading.
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:55 pm

what i mean is what to upgrade? gearbox, barrel, ect.
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:57 pm

both really. but lets get back on topic.

Last edited by AssultPwner on Wed May 27, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i have my reasons.)
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:00 pm

ok. whatever.

Last edited by BullettheBlueSkky on Wed May 27, 2009 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : what i said before was stupid)
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:32 am

Dude you need to stop whining just because Spl. Durkee actually cares about the forum. You can talk IF IT IS ON SUBJECT. Small talk should be reserved for PMs. If you don't want to be told repeatedly to follow rules then follow them and stop acting like he was out of line.
Back to top Go down
TheOneNamedMike
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:12 am

Yeah, it gives people chance to rank up for nothing. Small talk should be on PM Only.
Anyhoo back on topic.

Upgrading usually upgrades items such as the spring, hop up, barrel, ETC.
Upgrading a spring increases fps, upgrading a barrel, increases accuracy, ETC ETC.
As for how many guns you should get, get as many as you want really. Its fun to experience with airsoft guns in my opinion. All these different guns, bull pups, custom guns, ETC. I thought about getting another A.E.G. for extreme CQB/Milsim. But decided to get a pistol instead, before you get another A.E.G. always ask yourself.
In what way do I need this gun?
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:05 am

ok, my bad elementfvr and mike.
thanx for the abvice mike, or i guess TheOneNamedMike.
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:52 pm

elementfrvr wrote:
Dude you need to stop whining just because Spl. Durkee actually cares about the forum.

Well first of all, he TOLD US to PM each other so I WAS TELLING him that I WOULD PM HIM. Second of all, I have nothing against Spl. Durkee, I can understand that he wouldn't want for people to get off topic. I'm showing that I don't want to get yelled at again, not as you say, "whining". I've learned my lesson about making unnessecary small talk out of PMs. Oh, and elementfrvr, couldn't you have just PMed us that message, instead of cluttering up the forum?

NOW BACK ON TOPIC, I think you SHOULD have around 4 airsoft guns,
1. Main Rifle
2. Back-Up Gun
3. Pistol
4. Possibly a second Pistol

But that's just what i would estimate would be a good number to have. It really depends on the role you want to play in the field.

Last edited by AssultPwner on Wed May 27, 2009 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot something.)
Back to top Go down
Sniper Fox
Private
Private
Sniper Fox

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:25 am

One gun is good enough!
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:42 pm

not quite. two at the least. one gun- if it fails your screwed.
two guns- if one fails... YOU'VE GOT BACKUP!
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:47 pm

unless you don't play airsoft alot.
Back to top Go down
AssultPwner
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:48 pm

then why are you on this site????? Question
Back to top Go down
BullettheBlueSkky
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:49 pm

i wasn't saying i don't play airsoft alot, i was just saying that might be the circumstance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how many airsoft guns should you have?   how many airsoft guns should you have? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how many airsoft guns should you have?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next