Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Knight
Corporal
Corporal
Dark Knight

Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for. Empty
PostSubject: Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for.   Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 1:55 am

This is the Dark Knight, better known as kyle, I'm a Leo and like long walks on the beach and Little blue flowers, but i don't think any of you care. I've been in the airsoft game for 6 months or so, prior to that i played paintball for more than 6 years. Roamer is the one who called me dark knight first, because i had my mask on and was wearing all black. I liked it. So here i am. If anyone needs anything I'm here to help, i may not know as much about airsoft yet, but i enjoy researching ways to improve my game/guns. feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Welcome!   Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 2:14 am

Welcome to the forum Dark Knight. Nice to see you finally "saw the light." (switched from paintball to airsoft). Such a shame it took you six years Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
pballerindahouse!!!
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for.   Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:49 pm

woah there! whats so wrong with paintball? i love paintball!!! yes it is very expensive but well worth it

i do like airsoft but it is hard to find tournaments and all that stuff but o like paintball much more
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for.   Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:12 am

pballerindahouse!!! wrote:
woah there! whats so wrong with paintball? i love paintball!!! yes it is very expensive but well worth it

i do like airsoft but it is hard to find tournaments and all that stuff but o like paintball much more

Oh I was just kidding. I was addicted to paintball for almost five years before I ran out of money/time. Then I found airsoft and never went back! I just prefer the lower costs/mess and greater accuracy/milsim that airsoft offers. But don't get me wrong, I still love paintball. Some of the guys on my team (Team Juggernauts) are very into paintball, and actively participate in national competitions! I just prefer airsoft.

Welcome to forum, by the way Smile
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for.   Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:32 am

Yeah actually Stormtrupr just got back from the Smart Parts field in PA for a big NCAA tournament they had. Ohio University did well, but didnt make it through finals.

Stormtrupr, Slacker and I have played paintball for about 10+ years each now... it is fun, but when we started speedball didnt exsist and it was all about the woodsball. That was the good ol days, before it bacame super insanely competitive like the majority of speedball players. No matter what field you go to now, you have a bunch of young punks with $1000 markers their daddy bought them, acting like they are some sort of paintball legends. While it is a lot of fun to shoot these people... it is losing its zing. Now we are playing airsoft and it brings back those memories of the early days when guns were all pneumatic. Very Happy While I do enjoy playing paintball, I would have to say that I like Airsoft just as much if not better at this point.
It is more do it anytime/anywhere (not public places) oriented because there isnt a problem with staining, paint getting on equipment, etc... you can go out with your buddies, shoot some bb's at them and then hang out afterwards and talk about all the crap that happend. Smile In paintball you have to clean your gear off, change because you have paint on you, and it isnt worth getting everything ready for a 1-2 hour game.

Since Airsoft guns have hop up and can shoot over 300fps, just about any airsoft rifle has way more range than a paintball gun that is chronoed at 300fps (highest legal limit)... the limit in airsoft for bolt action rifles is currently 600fps so it basically doubles the fps limit and with hop up you have some serious range. Of course, you have an engagement limit of about 40-50 yards, but heck if your a sniper you should be shooting at targets far away anyways. Laughing

The other thing is that since the weapons actually differ, you can have a class system unlike anything in paintball (i.e. rifleman, support gunner, sniper, spotter, designated marksmen, etc...). Plus once you get out on a field of 300+ players, it suddenly feels a lot more realistic and you dont have a bunch of people running all over the place like at paintball big games. There is always some structure and players actually go for objectives rather than just shooting at people.

Just my opinion...
Smile

P.S. If you are having trouble finding events, go to this website and look at the upcoming events link... that will help. www.airsoftohio.com
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for.   Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 2:08 am

Yeah, FYI
Roamer called him dark night in reference to the monty python and the holy grail

The best movie ever... okay mabye not but thats a funny scene

if only Kyle's arms would do that when I shot him with my airsoft rifle.

Nice to see you on here Kyle.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for.   Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Knight Present and/or Accounted for.
Page 1 of 1