Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Thompson Gangster Grip Install

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
killbucket
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thompson Gangster Grip Install Empty
PostSubject: Thompson Gangster Grip Install   Thompson Gangster Grip Install Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:15 pm

Why doesn't the freaking Thompson airsoft come with the "Gangster" vertical fore grip?
OK, for one, in actual use with a drum magazine, it forces your front wrist into an awkward, unstable bend. Look at some old pic's you'll see this.
And they were actually breakage-prone after weathering, so the MIL versions of the Tommy went to a much cheaper conventional front grip.

But you can get a REALLY NICE, fresh one today at ima-usa for about 30clams:
http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php/products_id/1184

Think it will "go right on"? HA!
The stock wood grip has a smooth channel in the top, and the gun has a stepped mounting location. Result? The grip goes on, but at the wrong angle, and still wobbles when tight.

Thompson Gangster Grip Install TOMMYGRIP%20BEDDING01
Once you take off the stock straight foregrip, you'll see this stepped metal bar underneath. By covering it in one layer of masking tape, I was able to use it to "cast in place" the pink autobody putty you see here. VERY LITTLE is needed! Just enough to remove the slop.

Set the parts up with the mixed putty, and?
Walk away Human...because you want ZERO movement during set-up, or the thing will have slop in it.

Thompson Gangster Grip Install TOMMYGRIP%20BEDDING02
Installed, looks like it came that way. And it's as solid as the straight grip was.

Thompson Gangster Grip Install ScummyThommy001
Thompson Gangster Grip Install ScummyThommy002
Thompson Gangster Grip Install ScummyThommy003
Thompson Gangster Grip Install ScummyThommy004
Thompson Gangster Grip Install ScummyThommy005
Thompson Gangster Grip Install ScummyThommy006
Thompson Gangster Grip Install ScummyThommy007

I'm sleeping and right in the middle of a good dream, Like all at once I wake up from something that keeps knocking at my brain...
http://www.air-sharp.com/murderbunnies.gif
random stuff, somehow related...
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Gangster Grip Install   Thompson Gangster Grip Install Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:49 pm

Very cool!

Wish they released airsoft Thompsons with ribbed barrels like on the classic "chicago typewriter"
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Gangster Grip Install   Thompson Gangster Grip Install Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:00 am

is the casing on the out side of the tompson metal or hard plastic, and how much did you get it for?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Gangster Grip Install   Thompson Gangster Grip Install Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:44 am

And its a wonder why thompson manufacturing stopped producing firearms. Think of what we could have today.

Awesome job Kill-Bucket. I really like the weathered finish you did on the metal and wood. Looks like it was stripped straight off a WWII battlefield.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thompson Gangster Grip Install   Thompson Gangster Grip Install Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thompson Gangster Grip Install
Page 1 of 1