Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Debate 1

Go down 
+5
Spl. Durkee
Lone Wolf
br55ftw
DrummerBoyz95
Zane
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 9:58 pm

@Merc/Drummer, take a look at a few online resources on effective debating...
http://www.ada.org.nz/guidelns.php
http://trainingpd.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_to_debate_effectively
..and I'm sure you can find some more.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 pm

You can't hide ^^
Quote :

When you have to make a choice and don't make it, that is in itself a choice. ~William James

Some persons are very decisive when it comes to avoiding decisions. ~Brendan Francis

Indecision becomes decision with time. ~Author Unknown

The inability to make a decision has often been passed off as patience. ~Author Unknown

Just some things to consider

And on finding unbiased sites..trust me its very easy. If your lucky you have access to online databases..if not remove .com and .org from your search results..you will get much better results.

Last edited by Zane on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:01 pm

I would say for me, 7/10, if given the appropriate time to research the topic and get ready...
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Zane
Major
Major

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Quote :
Each team will have a thread to debate in, debate will consist of boths primary statement, you will have one week. A rebuttel 3 days, and then finaly a closing statement that will be within 2 days. The judging will take place over the next 2 days. In total each debate will take 2 weeks and there will be 1 per month.
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Quote :
Some persons are very decisive when it comes to avoiding decisions. ~Brendan Francis
HAHAHAHA Thats the American way! JK

I don't like to go head first into things im not comfortable with and uneducated about.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:10 pm

Insane Mercc wrote:

I don't like to go head first into things im not comfortable with and uneducated about.

Then educate yourself and dive in feet first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Quote :
I don't like to go head first into things im not comfortable with and uneducated about

That is my exact reason for this debate thingy. To help people educate themselves via debate and to increase your Rl ability for debate instead of arguement. (And lets not forget this better be fun)

We might start a bit rocky while we all learn, but I think it should be interesting :p
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:14 pm

Yeah. Oh and I hope we can do this without running it like a military base during a bombing.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:16 pm

Yeah..we will have to be firm on the time slots for each section or we might run into issues, do you uys like the times avialable..or do you want more? less? Lets figure this out.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:18 pm

It seems good enough, and these are just preliminary runs.. We can always adjust, it's not like we have to get permission from the President to add an extra day.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Zane wrote:
Yeah..we will have to be firm on the time slots for each section or we might run into issues, do you uys like the times avialable..or do you want more? less? Lets figure this out.

I think the times set are perfect. Just enough to come up with a well thought-out response but not enough to allow someone to go on a mindless rant for hours Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 10:23 pm

sounds good then...first debates will start on sunday..if you have any ideas for topics pop me a PM.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:41 am

Ok guys before you start, a few things you should know,

I am not totaly against this idea, but am very cautious,
You are Playing with fire so I suggest you be very careful in your presentation of arguements for or against.

I will be watching this thread like a Hawk for a number of reasons,
1, My own morbid curiosity. I am looking forward to seeing what kind of work really gets done and how well it is presented.

2, Violation of Forum Rules, and Chat Ethics.

3, Seeing what really occupies your thoughts and points of views since I am convinced that most only have to make one hard decision, Briefs, Boxers or Free Balling.

4, Subject Matter, Intelligent or Run of the Mill, i.e Best War movie ever made or Pro/Contra Death Penalty.

To foster good Teamwork, any Team Memeber that Blatently Violates the Forum Rules, the Entire `` Team ´´ shares his/her Fate as well.

@Zane,
Check your PM´s.

@All MODS, here is the first oppertunity to put into effect what we have disscussed, I invite you all to help in this matter, Thanks.
slob212
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:23 am

Ok peoples heres how it's going to be.

The first debates will start on sunday. You will have one week to present your first arguement, 3 days for a rebuttal (you attack thier stance), and then 2 days for a counter point(were you will be given a chance to defend your point further). Judging will take place over the next 2 days and I would like to ask the moderators to act as a pannal of judges.

I accept full responsibility for anything bad that happens out of this.

Some rules to consider
-No persdonal attacks, if there are your disquilified, the oponont DO NOT react to any personal attacks if they do happen.
-There is no place for emotion.
-There will be no falacies (EG no stupid arguements no based on fact)
-If the other guys is ripping your arguement appart...admit defeat..don't start personal attacks becouse your loosing, lets keep this cival.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Debate 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate 1   Debate 1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate 1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2