Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Ghillie or no Ghillie

Go down 
+20
HWgeneral
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
Jackofalltrades
Spl. Durkee
The Irish Sniper
TheSniper
TheJim
.25 Gram Sniper
airsoft22595
djstasevich
Sniper004
1shot1kill
metal sniper3445
Lone Wolf
Seabass_9000
USMC-HENDLER
sticks.13
DOA Draven
Alabama_Sniper
March_ARB
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Ghillie or no Ghillie
Ghillie
Ghillie or no Ghillie Vote_lcap64%Ghillie or no Ghillie Vote_rcap
 64% [ 43 ]
No Ghillie
Ghillie or no Ghillie Vote_lcap36%Ghillie or no Ghillie Vote_rcap
 36% [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 67

AuthorMessage
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

Ghillie or no Ghillie Empty
PostSubject: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Do you have a ghillie on most of the time?

When sniping of course...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 4:49 pm

There should be an depends option on there for snipers that sometimes stay on the move , mobile , and some snipers who stay still , stationary . But I chose ghillie even though I do not use a ghillie suit but I use a ghillie wrap for my gun and my spotter and I cover up with a ghillie blanket that hunters sometimes use for duck hunting , cut into half .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:17 pm

All the time, as do the rest of the team.

Why? The game style that I play, a ghillie is the most effective way of remaining undetected. And I never really play any other role than that of sniper.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:38 pm

I don't use one because im a DM and wearing a ghillie in the middle of a normal squad kinda says something about the role that you play. Pretty soon everyone is shooting at you and it turns messy. However if i was a sniper theres no question i would wear one all the time. In the summer i might have to opt out for a viper hood or something similar, it gets hot up here Embarassed .

sticks
Back to top Go down
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 8:22 pm

Pretty hot were i am too. Id rather just were an ACU. lol
Back to top Go down
USMC-HENDLER
Corporal
Corporal
USMC-HENDLER

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:10 am

If i had one i would wear it all the time because it can only help you. Besides its not usally to hot up in NY so the weather isn't usally a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Hendler05
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:17 am

yeah i wanna get a kit .so itll give me something to do for the rest of the summer. Wont matter if i don't use it really, ill have it though!
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:45 pm

In my opinion, ghilie's in airsoft aren't always a great idea. For one, they can get hot, they weigh a lot, etc...
The thing that I dislike about them the most is the fact that you probably wont feel a hit from a typical AEG even at close range....

I would try just getting creative with some lightweight materials and try to camo just your upper torso and head. Add in some real foilage and you will do fine if you use the elements around you.

Being mobile is a huge plus... if you wear a ghillie you will be hot, you wont feel hits probably, and you wont be very mobile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Though i do not own one, I would use anything that can only help my performance...

There is a way to make a light ghille...and i think if you read some of the older threads you could find out how DOA draven makes his ghille's...
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:58 pm

Im building a Viper hood ATM.

Basically its just a Ghillie from the chest up. I'm having trouble deciding which outer fabric to use. Its up between a very heavie Nylon and a lighter nylon.... Unless someone can find me a really great deal on kevlar, and by great deal I mean $10 a square foot great deal.

I'll make a base guide when I'm done about the base and then you can use your own creation for the whole camo thing.

sticks
Back to top Go down
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:57 pm

Any recomendations on making one for desert/brushy areas?

I still want manueverability cuz i want it for my M-16
Back to top Go down
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 5:53 am

I shall be, when time allows me, writing up my own ideas about ghillies and gun rags for all to read. However in the meantime here is a link to two sites worth noting, the first is Sniper World, the second is a link off that site to a guide on one method of ghillie making. Enjoy

http://www.sniperworld.com/

http://www.geocities.com/stalker217/ghillie/
Back to top Go down
metal sniper3445
Private
Private
metal sniper3445

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:44 pm

I do not own a ghilie and i completely agree with Seabass. I was just playing a game with my friends near a popular 4-wheller track when a 4-wheller came. I had to tell my team to get down (or else they wouldn't have done it) and he didn't even see us. One kid in my group even had on a bright red t-shirt and was never seen.(I saved the day Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
1shot1kill
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:19 am

ghille, because you can buy a camelback and fan goggles to keep you cool, but agin depends on situation
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 2:41 pm

I take my ghille into the field in my pak and take it out when i need it, like when i sit and wait or i am on an assasination misson
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:11 pm

I carry my ghille into the field in a duffle bag and take it out when i find a good spot or am stalking
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:01 pm

I want to get a ghillie blanket and carry it into the field with me in a backpack.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
airsoft22595
Sergeant
Sergeant
airsoft22595

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:04 am

i don't but my friend has a camo netting or something like it that he uses for airsoft.
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 6:28 pm

I'm almost done with my ghillie suit.I've just ran out of ghillie string. If anyone has a link that can help me find some CHEAP ghillie string it would be greatly appreciated! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:25 pm

Generally no.

I like to be light and fast, and a full ghillie restricts that. Plus in natural ancient english Oak woodland where the foliage tends to be higher in the canopy they are not hugely practical.

However. I often use a gun wrap and ghillie my boonie hat and the front of my shoulders, plus some of my upper back.

My ghillie for natural materials is the WebTex concealment vest (GREAT buy, WebTex is the manufacturer of camo for the British Army) It's light and SO easy to use, you just add vegetation to the veg loops, which can be done even when you have reached your LUP/OP. It covers your head, shoulders (front and back) and goes down to the small of your back Doesn't cover your front, which to me is a plus because it gives you easy access to your LBV/Belt kit/Pockets

I don't use it an awful lot though, since the right choice of BDU coupled with a boonie hat with some light ghillie on it and your shoulders, coupled with camo face paint and controlling your body movements works almost as well if not just as well until you're within about 20m of the enemy in direct line of sight.
Back to top Go down
TheSniper
Private
Private
TheSniper

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:46 pm

I were a ghilli when ever i snip. Neutral
Back to top Go down
The Irish Sniper
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:48 pm

I use a ghillie only when I am my teams sniper, currently I am throwing together a Hood/shoulders leaf ghillie type thing for Saturday. Considering how short I am on time and how my full ghillie is in no way suited for the field right now I am just laying strips of electrical tape on the ground sticky side up taking TONS of dried up leaves and placing the stems on the sticky side of the tape and putting it on the hoodie. Then after each strip I give the black tape a quick spray of brown. Not sure on how well it will hold up but it looks like it is going to blend in really well.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Thats a pretty good idea Irish. Tell us how that works out after you give it a field test.
I personally don't use a ghillie, nor do I need one. I find that a skilled warfighter and sniper should be able to find ways to blend without something like that. The ones that I've used have been hot, stuffy, and interfered with my vision a bit.
Back to top Go down
The Irish Sniper
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:20 pm

K ill be sure to do that, Ill post some pictures as soon as my sis comes home this weekend... shes the one with the camera
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:10 pm

I personally love my Ghille (just having problems vegging to my liking) but I walk the path of "never relying on one piece of equipment"
be able to use anything equally well as others
be able to work well without a ghillie first then use one it should be an extension of you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/realm_of_burgess
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghillie or no Ghillie   Ghillie or no Ghillie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghillie or no Ghillie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next