Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Ghillies from the UK

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

Ghillies from the UK Empty
PostSubject: Ghillies from the UK   Ghillies from the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 5:41 pm

Here are a few pictures of ghillies I have made for my team over here.

Ghillies from the UK GhillieMk235
This is a grassland ghillie, made mainly from Raffia, it is a three piece, that is trousers [pants], jackets and mask. The colours were chosen for this particular enviroment and late summer, no natural added in this photo, as its a stock picture.

Ghillies from the UK GhillieMk242
The smae design, grassland, but using the Webtex cape and hood. As used by my number 1, a real steel sniper, whom taught me all I know.

Ghillies from the UK Events-Airsoft200745
The three peice grassland ghille showing how the human outline is broken up.

Ghillies from the UK Airsoft006s
The same again, but this time you can have a laugh at my expense, while the full face mask does look comical, it works! Plus it does have a gun camera built in Wink Being winter I have added some brown natural to the ghillie [most of which had fallen off when this shot was taken], and if you look closely you will see the ragged G36C I'm carrying.

Ghillies from the UK CMBsmall01
This is a two piece, brown base, burlap constructed ghillie based on the Webtex cape again. Brown base colour is the fashion over here, adding natural green when required. A simple construction that can be made in a day.

Ghillies from the UK CMBsmall03
Another stock photo of the above

I'll stop here, as this post may get a bit big Smile

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Ghillies from the UK   Ghillies from the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:15 pm

Wow , I need a ghillie but don't know , should I make one or buy one , I want more of a ponchoishy one . Reed , my spotter , and I use a duck hunting ghillie cover cut into tow pieces and cover ourselfs with one half and keep the other just incase we get mixed up .

.................... Alabama_Sniper ..................................
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: Ghillies from the UK   Ghillies from the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 6:03 am

Ironically the thread title is bit of a lie, because a lot of the material were bought from the USA, we have limited outlets over here.

Making your own ghillie can be very satisfying, not as hard as it sounds, and gives you a great sense of achievement, especially when you know from field use that it works.

However buying a pre-made ghillie, is more suited to those whom want a quick fix, or do not have and ounce of crafting skills to their name Smile [hence I end up making so many], and these ghillies in my opinion should be considered as a base to work upon.

All ghillies, bought or made, are projects in progress, they are never finished, we add a bit here, cut a bit there, it never ends. But that is half the fun for me, working to blend in with the enviroment. The other half is Field Craft.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ghillies from the UK   Ghillies from the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:24 am

The ghillies look great DOA Draven. How many members on your team, and how many implement ghillies?
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: Ghillies from the UK   Ghillies from the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:20 pm

There are 4 regulars, plus 3 just joining, all wear ghillies of some sort, and then there are 2-3 others whom play occasionally, also ghillied snipers. We are as yet all to attend the same outing. The core of the team have been around for a number of years.

Classic phrase for a ghillied sniper " A good man is hard to find!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Ghillies from the UK   Ghillies from the UK Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:43 pm

I love making stuff and I am really creative and imaginative which is why I handle our teams practice field desings websites and mottos and catch phrases and plans , so making a ghillie would be a synch for me .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
AirSoftFoamy
Private
Private
AirSoftFoamy

PostSubject: Re: Ghillies from the UK   Ghillies from the UK Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:14 pm

nice, it took me awhile to find the 3rd one, and the forth one i can't tell if hes using a gun, is he Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghillies from the UK   Ghillies from the UK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghillies from the UK
Page 1 of 1