Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Should noobs use Ghillies

Go down 
+28
Captain Quizno
the bees knees
Gridlock
sbgodofmetal
Creed769
killyouno5
panic324
TheJim
GeneralMDBK
Insane Mercc
got ambushed?
p51dmustang
slob212
pasniper21
AFU
Satan
TacOps Utah
lonesniper24
.25 Gram Sniper
STAT
AGM Sniper
Sniper004
Lone Wolf
sticks.13
M14 double-taps
kkoerber
Alabama_Sniper
djstasevich
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

should noobs use ghillies
yes
Should noobs use Ghillies Vote_lcap20%Should noobs use Ghillies Vote_rcap
 20% [ 10 ]
no
Should noobs use Ghillies Vote_lcap65%Should noobs use Ghillies Vote_rcap
 65% [ 32 ]
other (reason)
Should noobs use Ghillies Vote_lcap14%Should noobs use Ghillies Vote_rcap
 14% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 49

AuthorMessage
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

Should noobs use Ghillies Empty
PostSubject: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:52 pm

Fellow airsofters I know have bought sniper rifles and are now wanting ghillies. I'm worried they will think they're invisible when they're not. In my opinion they should use normal camo till they have hiding experience so they can realize that ghillies are just a form of camo, not something giving them invisibility powers.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:10 pm

I think that they should , I think ever sniper and spotter should be again thats just me . They will learn that camo isn't invisibility on the battle field soon enough . painfully enough , but soon enough .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:22 pm

you have a good point but i still think they should go step by step.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:35 pm

I put "Other"
My reasoning is that They can if they feel like it, If thats what they feel in airsoft, so be it. THAT BEING SAID, I think it would also be smart for them to wait on the G-Suit for awhile, as it cuts down mobility alot and a noob, In my opinion, should try to be atleast somewhat mobile his/her first few games, to get a better grasp of the game. And Alot of noobs may get bored not moving alot. SOME, not ALL.

Last edited by M14 double-taps on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:39 pm

Really BDU's are gear camo if you don't move at all.(ie. sniper Laughing). You will be very surprised when you see some pics of people wearing ghillies and people wearing BDU's. I can't find then ATM but when i do ill copy the link.

I'm going to say no because usually(as double taps pointed out) N00Bs like to move, which in turn completely defeats the purpose of a ghillie. In fact if they moved alot wearing a ghillie would hurt them more than it would help them. The basic reasoning behind this is the eye is almost 'trained' to look for movement. The ghillie would just make the person's siloet(sp?) larger, AKA they get alot bigger and easier to see.

So for now I'm going to say no.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:47 am

Yea, i would train them in feild craft before utilizing ghilles. I put no.

BDU's should be fine FOR NOW. Start teaching them basic feild craft.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:45 am

i have ben playing for 2 years now and i just bought a ghille, and in truth im having trouble useing it effectively. it takes some serious experience to be able to become invisible with a ghille, u just can't step into it and use it well.
Back to top Go down
AGM Sniper
Private
Private
AGM Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:18 pm

Personally I think it depends more on the situation rather than whether it is a noob or an expert. One of the key advantages of a ghillie suit is to make you invisible, but, as others have said, simply putting a ghillie suit on doesn't make you invisible. If you know how to make your suit blend, then more power to you. The biggest problem that I see is that noobs have absolutely no idea how to make their suits blend. Not all noobs, but you have to admit that most of them don't have any idea. However, the best way to learn is through experience, and if a noob is never allowed to use a ghillie, how can he learn? Personally I think this could almost go either way, but I lean towards the no answer.
Back to top Go down
STAT
Corporal
Corporal
STAT

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:30 pm

i had to vote no, they need to learn the basics in figuring out range and danger/movement and get out of the gunners mind set action action instead of holding and engaging on worth while targets and when needed
Back to top Go down
http://www.smtactical.com http://www.tango-5.com
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:11 am

I voted no because if a noob sniper has on a ghillie suit they may start thinking that they are invinsable and invisible when, really they aren't.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:35 am

I think it's a maybe because HOW are they going to get better unless they actually try and learn from their mistakes. I mean it's hard to learn how to do something if you never try it am I right?
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
TacOps Utah
Private
Private
TacOps Utah

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:43 am

Sure, why not..

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em..

or

Wear 'em if ya got 'em...
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Ever idiot here who played COD4 wants a ghillie to try to use few have bought them if not used correctly a ghillie makes you more visible. So these idiots buy them try to use them then get crushed get pissed and throw away thier ghillie in a a trash can Ive seen it happen. (And stole and sold the ghillies to suckers) Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:37 pm

No, I was once playing with a noob wearing a ghillie, he got lost during the game. The next day photos of big foot were circulating around the world.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:47 pm

lol AFU i remember those pics

"Big foot sighted on the banks of Lake Arrowhead"
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:38 pm

I was going to try that , dress up one of my buddies in a ghillie suit and take a picture , send it to the newspapers around the world and call it the Wood Dude .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:05 pm

when i search for big foot on youtube I get over 10,000 hits. appearantly alot of people think like you A_S...lol
Back to top Go down
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:46 pm

Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:13 pm

I voted no,

First develop understanding of AirSoft,
Then Fieldcraft,
Tacktics
Manuevering
Spotting
Support
Reporting
Fire Disipline
Sniping
then utilizing the Ghillie
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 4:27 pm

Alright, as a begining sniper, I think a ghillies are an excelent tool IF USED PROPERLY. I also think that average camo is perfectly fine for starting out. I had just camo on in some woods while fighting with my friend, and he wasn't able to see me from 20 ft away (and he has 20-20 vision). So i think that beginers (like me) should stick with the average camo until we can learn to be completely still, as quiet as possible, and can make our own ghillie. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
got ambushed?
Corporal
Corporal
got ambushed?

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:54 pm

Yeah i was that friend and i really could not see him and i have perfect vision. I did have a bad airsoft gun but still it was in my woods and i couldnt believe it when he opened fire. I walked around him like five times and it scared me i wasn't expecting it.

PS: I still won!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Insane Mercc
Colonel
Colonel
Insane Mercc

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:01 pm

Ivoted yes because if they bought there ghillie just for its use in COD4 and play airsoft are either arrogant or retarded. YET! if a person is new to airsoft and has a ghillie is very likely to know the basics of its use.
Back to top Go down
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:36 am

Most begginers to airsoft don't know that much though. Including the propure use of a ghillie. If you can't make your own I wouldn't use one. You also have to be able to find the right spot in your playing area which can be hard.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMDBK
Private
Private
GeneralMDBK

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 3:25 am

i voted other because it is true that if they never try they never know, although i didn't start out sniping with a ghillie but instead a BDU and it does make you feel even more alert i believe as a noob. Ive been sniping for a couple of years at least and i still don't use a ghillie...although i can't afford it at the moment..
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:47 am

I honestly think it really doesn't matter- either way they are going to learn how to use one- either by building up experience first, then utilising the suit- or by trial and error from wearing it and figuring out the best ways to use it.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should noobs use Ghillies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next