Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Magazine Trouble

Go down 
+2
M14 double-taps
ard777
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Hey everyone. Recently, i've had some problems with my metal high cap thompson clip. It seems when i load it with bbs and wind it, every about 5 winds it seems to unwind itself as i hear a noise. It also only shoots 4-9 bullets every time i spend 30 seconds winding it or so. This is not how it usually works, does anyone have any advice for this?
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:58 am

HM.....which Hi-Cap Thompson mag do you have? put up a pic, if you could, so I know the helpI am gicing you is accurate. Mine did something like this a few times, and I fixed it. I have two Hi-Caps. So yeah, if possible post a pic for me so I'm not giving you the wrong info, Thanks.

Oh, and how much does your Hi-Cap hold?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:32 pm

Are you not putting the bb's down the "trap door"...

I know i was frustrated by this too when i got my first hi-cap...

Your probably putting the bbs down the feed and that can only hold 30 bbs at a time. but the trap door should be located on the top of the mag near where the feed is.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:14 pm

no i know how to do this and i will post a picture of the magazine and the box. But i do know how to load a high cap, i know i'm doing everything right.

Here are pictures.

https://servimg.com/view/12675413/8

https://servimg.com/view/12675413/9

Hope this helps

ard

Last edited by ard777 on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:31 pm

Yeah, the box would really help. As soon as you get those pics up, I'm pretty sure I'll bea ble to help.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Pictures are on my edited post. thanks again for helping.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:47 pm

Terribly sorry, But I have a crappy computer, and It's not letting me view images, even if they're my own. Can you tell me, Is this the same as the ones in your pic?
Magazine Trouble I3011022
If not, can you send me a link to where you got it, or a google image, or something.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:10 pm

i can't see the picture that you sent. I'll try to put a google on it.
http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/435003.jpg
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:43 pm

See, I'm sick of this D*** COMPUTER!!! But yes, that is the same mag I have. I would wind it, the wheel would get all stiff, feed a few ropunds, I would wind it a bunch, That sound you say-the unwinding, Its what happens when you wind it too much, I think. See, next time you shoot and only nine or only a few come out, take the mag down and look into it. You may see the BBs in the mag, but they'll most likely be further down the tube--and stuck. These Hi-Cap mags for the Thompson are rugged and very dry. The BBs are getting caught in different spots between the wheel and where the BBs enter the gun. Get some gun oil, and oil that sucker up good. It worked fine for me. I had the same problem, and found myself unjamming them and hitting them against objects in the field to unjam them. But after I oiled them, (almost five months ago) they didnt jam anymore. They really haven't jammed once since then. Try this. If this doesn't work, tell me and I will see what I can find out for you. study
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:49 pm

Thanks alot! You definetly are one of my favorite people on this website! do you reccomend silicon oil or..??? if you could specify the oil then that would be great. Thanks!

ard
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:02 am

Well, I used Lubricating oil, for real guns. It's called Hoppe's 9. But, according to Sticks, This may be bad for your gun. It worked fine for me, but I really dontr want to reccomend something that may damge your gun, especially one as great as the Thompson you and I have! Wink So I would say look through airsaoft sites for oil, or you should probably check the thread on this site about oil.....I can't remember what its under....."Ask a Pro", maybe? Im not sure, but It's here somewhere. Its called "Lubricating oil" I think. No problem, anything else, just ask. glad to help any airsofter with a problem. And I like your Thompson Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:04 am

haha like yours too. thanks for the info, i'll look into that oil.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:07 am

No problemo-Oh, and if you have any questions about your thompson, shoot em my way!
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:10 am

Usually the best to use is %100 Silicone oil...airsplat has it for like $5.

Here >>http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-60SILICONE.htm

Hope that helps.

~JTK~
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:14 am

Thanks. Does anyone know if you can get this silicone oil at a store like ace hardware or something like that? I would rather buy it at a store i guess, but if no stores sell it, i will get the one off airsplat. Thanks.

ard
Back to top Go down
JamillaTheKilla
Corporal
Corporal

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:17 am

Yeah, I can't say for sure, but i would think that you could get it at a hardware store or maybe a walmart....but im not %100.

~JTK~
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:24 am

alright i'll check at aces tomorrow but we are going up north Very Happy woo hoo my cottage is by eagle river. After that i will try the oil, hope it works. thanks to everyone for helping.

ard
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:32 am

They sell 100% silicon at all auto supply stores. From what ive bought (3 different cans) the all seem to be $5 and under. They also usually have a higher can capacity than the ones that are made by airsoft companies.

sticks
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 2:38 am

Thanks, Sticks. I'll look into those shops.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 7:04 pm

uh ok i got the silicone spray and i sprayed it in my high cap clip. Nothing has changed and it still "un winds". do you think it was possible that i wound it too much one day, so it doesn't work anymore?

ard
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:00 pm

no, but i do think you screwed it up somehow if you took it apart...

If nothing else works and it is still within warranty, just take it back...
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:10 pm

You might have broken one of the springs inside the wind weel, of chipped a tooth off one of the gears. Your sure your loading it correctly?

sticks
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:41 am

Completely sure. also, there is no rattling inside the clip at all, so i'm pretty sure i didn't break anything. Maybe i broke a spring. Is there any possible ways to take these things apart? thanks

ard
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:01 pm

Does anyone know how to take apart these high cap clips.. and it is metal too.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:37 pm

Hey, Ard 777. Sorry I haven't replied in awhile, I just got back from an airsofting trip in Kentucky with M16-A3. I'm sorry to hear that didnt work, but then again I used oil for a real gun. You used 100% silicon. I'm not sure if that made a difference, but it may. The stuff I used has a higher oil content, which means I REALLY made my mag slick. But, as I know this is frustrating to hear, as You have already gone out and bought some silicon oil already and it didn't work.....So I'll look into trying to take mine apart. I'll get back to you with my results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magazine Trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magazine Trouble
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next