Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Magazine Trouble

Go down 
+2
M14 double-taps
ard777
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:14 am

ok thanks alot! I've looked at it, but i'm scared of breaking it.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:25 am

Hm....yeah, I'm looking at the mag right now, It's gonna be tricky, but I think I may be able to figure it out. Tell me, When your shooting, and only about 9 BBs come out, and the you take the mag out, and look into the main chamber, (Where the BBs go after you wind them, NOT where you load them) what do you see? can you see the BBs stuck somwhere in the middle? somewhere near the top? Or are they all the way down there and you cannot see them?

Right now, just by looking at it, I would say dissasembly will most likely have to do with those two "pushpins" near the top of the mag. they are small, it looks like you may be able to tap them out with an ice pick or something skinny. I'll work on it, and maybe try to take it apart tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:09 pm

Don't risk your mag for me. anyways, i was thinking it may not be the mag, but the gun. When i take the mag out at 9 shots when it doesn't shoot anymore, there is a bb in the chamber as well as one that falls out, and the bbs are at the top of the mag. I'm thinking it may be my gun that has the problem right now. Know any good guide sites to take the thompson apart?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:14 pm

Well i wouldn't want to exactly take it apart until i absolutely know what the problem is.

I would try to find a troubleshooting guide online first.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:25 pm

thats what i'm looking for right now.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:39 pm

ooohhhh wow. Thats a biiiig step there. Do your other mags work well in it? And yeah, If the BBs are near the top, then it is possible that it may be the gun and not the mag. But I'm not sure how to take it apart, maybe try:
www.Mechbox.com
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:28 pm

If it's your gun the problem would be in the hop-up. Is the gun just totally not shooting? Or is it dry firing? You might need a new bucking.

sticks
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:32 pm

It will shoot, but sometimes it won't shoot any bbs, and then after like 4 dry fires then it will fire 1 bb, then it will dry fire again... etc. etc. the mag still seems to "unwind" but there doesn't seem much hope except to get a new one. I'm going to look at it today, as i'm curious whats inside, also because i want to fix this. I'll pay special attention to the hop up though.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:41 pm

Yeah, man. Mine did the EXACT same thing....I don't THINK It's the gun, But as long as your extra careful, I guess taking it apart can't be too bad of an idea..... Neutral
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:48 pm

Did you lube you magwell? Sometimes one mag will work but another from the same company won't. I would look into your hop-up again. Lube it if everything check out and fire it again. You will have feeding problems if you don't lube your hop-up.

sticks
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:05 pm

I'm doing that right now, and i took everything apart actually and cleaned it, regreased. i'm not sure if the magazine works now, but my only problem right now is that i think i may have stripped the little hex screws on my selector switches, so i'm troubleshooting that right now.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 11:06 pm

Alright, i finally took apart the mag. I took some pliers to the top of the metal casing, so i could bring out the actual mechanics. From what i'm seeing, the gear that latches on the bbs to spin them, gets stuck on bbs or just gets stuck randomly. i have put silicone oil on it a bunch of times, it doesn't help. Please help, anyone!
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:25 am

buy a new mag...thats really all i can think of, because fixing that one would probably be too tricky...
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:58 pm

Probably, but since they are 30 bucks a pop, and i was wanting some other airsoft stuff first, i'm going to try messing with it for one more day.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:55 pm

I guess i should talk. I succesfully got DSL version of Linux on a old panasonic toughbook, but that is another discussion for another time...
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:27 pm

A little tip, using the Silicon Spray is great, just don't go using a whole lot of it, if you do, sooner or later it is going to end up in your HOP-UP and you will start to see your BB´s( not Bullets ) going every place except where you want them. Sad

Oil in your Hop-Up will not allow the Hop-Up rubber to do its job, the BB´s will slide out of the Hop-Up, instead of being spun out. This Spinning( Drall ) is what causes our Airsoft Weapons to be so Accurate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magazine Trouble   Magazine Trouble - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magazine Trouble
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2