Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Sniping (How should I start?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
c0mr4d3
Sergeant
Sergeant
c0mr4d3

Sniping (How should I start?) Empty
PostSubject: Sniping (How should I start?)   Sniping (How should I start?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 4:40 pm

I need some help I really wanna be a sniper ive watched like a thousand videos of guys sneaking around in Ghille suits taking out commanders and important people also snipers just whipping people on the battle field.
So im wondering where should i start?
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Sniping (How should I start?)   Sniping (How should I start?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Well it looks like you made the decision to not go with a marksmanship role... http://www.airsoftallies.com/general-sniper-discussion-f37/setbacks-of-sniping-t2537.htm

I commend you for that.
So many people get into "sniping" prematurely because:

A) It sounds cool.
B) They think they can "snipe" well based on video games.
C) They're on a budget and think it's cheaper.

It's best to start off in a "high energy" role, such as a rifleman/DM/pointman position.
That way you learn the basics of the game, get experience, learn proper fieldcraft and are able to interact with other players.

Many players start out immediately as a "sniper" and become bored with it...then leave airsoft altogether.
Back to top Go down
c0mr4d3
Sergeant
Sergeant
c0mr4d3

PostSubject: Re: Sniping (How should I start?)   Sniping (How should I start?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Thanks and im actually looking forward just to being a part of this amazing sport and if i decide to be a sniper after all ill let you know.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Sniping (How should I start?)   Sniping (How should I start?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:13 pm

I recomend you go to this section of our host site

http://www.theairsoftsniper.com/SNIPERS.html

it's filled with many excelent articles on what your looking for.
Back to top Go down
c0mr4d3
Sergeant
Sergeant
c0mr4d3

PostSubject: Re: Sniping (How should I start?)   Sniping (How should I start?) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Yeah I was looking around and they explained the real sniping it still sounds like fun but im going to start how Durkee says to he knows more than i do and about this sport so im going to stick with that advise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sniping (How should I start?)   Sniping (How should I start?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sniping (How should I start?)
Page 1 of 1