Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Unique sniper tactics?

Go down 
+3
SnoSnipe
DrummerBoyz95
snarlingtoes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
snarlingtoes
Private
Private

Unique sniper tactics? Empty
PostSubject: Unique sniper tactics?   Unique sniper tactics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:52 am

I carry a UTG Gen. 5 M324S with a JG T3-K1 on my back. (I don't have a spotter so if enemies get too close I pull that out.)
Does anyone have unique tactics that work well for them?
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftgunsales.webs.com
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Unique sniper tactics?   Unique sniper tactics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:57 am

Why carry two rifles? The G3 should be enough...

In airsoft, at least my experience, all a sniper has to do is hang back and shoot from a fairly hidden spot. That's all our snipers do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snarlingtoes
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Unique sniper tactics?   Unique sniper tactics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:58 am

Use the sniper for shots too far for the G3 and if they rush me, I can go full auto.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftgunsales.webs.com
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Unique sniper tactics?   Unique sniper tactics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 am

snarlingtoes wrote:
Use the sniper for shots too far for the G3 and if they rush me, I can go full auto.
A UTG Long Rifle cannot outshoot a G3. Of pretty much any company. It would definitely be worth it to sell the UTG rifle and keep the G3 and use the money to upgrade it.
Back to top Go down
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

PostSubject: Re: Unique sniper tactics?   Unique sniper tactics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:24 am

depends on what your team wants your sniper team to do. Recon, fire support, taking out TOPs etc
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Unique sniper tactics?   Unique sniper tactics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:10 am

G3 ALL THE WAY BABY! lol but no really you just need a tight-bore and a scope with maybe a upgraded spring and motor. You will love the results. Plus both of those guns can get kinda heavy so if you really want to use the sniper but need a AEG then go get a galaxy mp5 or something like that. Something light and quick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken
Captain
Captain
AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken

PostSubject: Re: Unique sniper tactics?   Unique sniper tactics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:57 pm

At the field where I play at, It's really easy to flank around the back and hit the area where the snipers usually set up at, so I can see where he's going with the back-up weapon. But carrying another full sized rifle will weigh you down. I say ditch the G3 and get a PDW, like an AK-74U or an MP5K. Also another option would be to get a Designated Marksman Rifle, which is basically an assault rifle-sniper rifle hybrid.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Unique sniper tactics?   Unique sniper tactics? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:05 pm

AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken wrote:
But carrying another full sized rifle will weigh you down. I say ditch the G3 and get a PDW, like an AK-74U or an MP5K. Also another option would be to get a Designated Marksman Rifle, which is basically an assault rifle-sniper rifle hybrid.

Couldn't agree more.

If I were you, snarlingtoes...unless you're entirely stuck on having a spring rifle as many people are, for whatever reason...I'd sell both and purchase a DMR of some kind.
G&G/ASGI's G4-A5 DMR is a great option...the A&K SR-25 is an option...the A&K Mod O is another...and there are many more out there to fit your needs and budget.

All those are in the $200 price range...and you'll never go back to spring rifles again Very Happy

(OR you can always upgrade the heck outta your JG)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unique sniper tactics?   Unique sniper tactics? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unique sniper tactics?
Page 1 of 1