Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Military Parents/Friends/Family

Go down 
+2
Creed769
NoNeed2Hate
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Military Parents/Friends/Family Empty
PostSubject: Military Parents/Friends/Family   Military Parents/Friends/Family Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:03 pm

So i was browsing google at random and found various articles and pictures on my dad such as this
http://www.thecross-photo.com/Navy_Cdr_Carl_Cwiklinski-Crucifix.htm
also found this
http://www.uscg.mil/PACAREA/pch/docs/Bio-Pch-Cwiklinski.pdf

so interesting.

feel free to post anything similar such as articles or pictures of your family members or friends and their military endeavors Smile
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Military Parents/Friends/Family   Military Parents/Friends/Family Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:02 pm

COOOOL.
Both my great grandpas were in the military, (Navy and 101st) and one was a detective after.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Military Parents/Friends/Family   Military Parents/Friends/Family Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:01 pm

Most of my grandfathers stories are hush-hush to the public, and he died when my dad was 10 so stories were not told; but I can\'t tell you guys a coupla things:
He captured a drunk german spy during WWII at a club,
He was put on islands inhabited by goats, given a knife, matches, and a radio(to get help if anything happened) and told to survive for unspecified times, and taught at Yale after graduating from Harvard.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Military Parents/Friends/Family   Military Parents/Friends/Family Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Wertuk wrote:
Most of my grandfathers stories are hush-hush to the public, and he died when my dad was 10 so stories were not told; but I can't tell you guys a coupla things:
He captured a drunk german spy during WWII at a club,
He was put on islands inhabited by goats, given a knife, matches, and a radio(to get help if anything happened) and told to survive for unspecified times, and taught at Yale after graduating from Harvard.

Same here. I have some crazy stories from my dad as well as pictures. but since they are from recent events. they may well be classified..
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Military Parents/Friends/Family   Military Parents/Friends/Family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:13 am

2 out of 3 of my great uncles served in nam as Army one went in as a private first class and came out a private or somthing the other was an opperational cook for the 101.

My uncle on my fathers side was in the USMC he went to nam but for about 2 weeks then served in peril harbor.

My uncle on my moms side is going to be in Afghanastan for a month then hes comings home.

It's weird that only my uncles have served but ehh what ever
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Military Parents/Friends/Family   Military Parents/Friends/Family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:31 am

My dad was a USMC force recon marine turned NAVY chaplain. he joined the marines to go to nam, but joined a tad too late.
my uncle on my dad's side was in the army (forgot what he did) but was discharged because of an accident that left on of his fingers severed..
a few of my counsins have gone into the army
my grandfather on my fathers side went into the navy near the end of ww2
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Military Parents/Friends/Family   Military Parents/Friends/Family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:55 pm

I don't have any cool stories, because none of my relatives tell them. Here are all the relatives that I am aware were/are in the service.

My grandfather on my mom's side:
Army, 1944-1948
Nearly finished basic, but due to a health issue had to be placed on a waiting list and do basic again. If it wasn't for pneumonia, he very well could have died at the invasion of Normandy and I wouldn't be here.

My dad's step-father:
Navy, late 80's - mid 90's.
Served in Kuwait and Iraq during the Gulf War. Construction Battalion ("Seabees"). Built various camps & hospitals

My uncle:
Air Force, mid-late 80's - early 90's.
During SERE, he was placed in a 6.5 foot by 2.8 foot steel box with a 5 inch window, for the better part of 24 hours. The test was designed to put you in the most discomfort and boredom you have ever felt, but my uncle fell asleep. He's now a pilot for Alaska Airlines.

My other uncle:
Coast Guard, I think late 70's - early 80's.
Part of a helicopter SAR crew. Saved many lives in his career.

My dad's cousin:
82nd Airborne during the Vietnam war
REALLY hazy on his experiences. He is now an airborne flag bearer for event shows such as Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, etc. (Jumps down from a plane with a parachute, 50 foot flag tied to him flowing in the wind)

My cousin:
Navy, currently in basic training at Naval Station Great Lakes, Illinois. A-School to follow.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Military Parents/Friends/Family   Military Parents/Friends/Family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:20 pm

my dad was in the Marine corps during the 80s worked on helicopter engines my uncle was in the marines too and worked on helicopter engines too with my dad then my dad met my uncles sister they got married and poof im here

great grandfather on mom side

USN navy WWII i think they were still segregated he died in april this year
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military Parents/Friends/Family   Military Parents/Friends/Family Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military Parents/Friends/Family
Page 1 of 1