Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Comfort vs Protection

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

Comfort vs Protection Empty
PostSubject: Comfort vs Protection   Comfort vs Protection Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:35 am

The event is coming fast and I'm debating on gear. I can either do my Alice rig or my vest. I'm deciding if I want protection or comfort.

I am going to be prone or crouched more offen when away from the CP. I also will be doing recon type missions so enemy activty is going to be high. I can hold the same stuff I use in either rig but my utility pouch will be more full if I do the alice aproch. I know it's personal preferance but help would be nice I'll answear questions about either rig if you have any
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Comfort vs Protection   Comfort vs Protection Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:37 am

Comfort. What're you planning on "protecting" yourself from?

When in doubt, pull out.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Comfort vs Protection   Comfort vs Protection Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:50 am

From the 2 power packed SAW's that shoot at least 400 fps. plus all the nitty griddy \"Watch your language\". WDF (opfor) travles in packs and shoots at whatever moves and this isn't one guy this is a 4 man fire team spraying 100 rounds at you.
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Comfort vs Protection   Comfort vs Protection Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 am

Comfort, and effecticveness
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Comfort vs Protection   Comfort vs Protection Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:22 am

Go for comfort and maneuverability. Pain? Take it like a man. Show off the bleeding welts to your friends. Post in the battle scars section. Become legend.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Comfort vs Protection   Comfort vs Protection Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Or laugh maniacally as you get hit and you start to bleed all over (masochist Very Happy)

but comfort = effective in my opinion. So go with the alice rick. It won't restrict your movements. Besides bb's don't hurt. and BDU's are thick enough to take out most of the "Pain"

poor poor lonesniper~
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Comfort vs Protection   Comfort vs Protection Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:29 am

Both are pretty danm comfy but the vest is to big which is good and bad good because it helps vent out body heat bad because it's to floppy. Anyways running recon there shouldn't be to many hostiles.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Comfort vs Protection   Comfort vs Protection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:57 pm

I would go with the alice rig. if you go prone, the pouches won't get in the way as much.
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Comfort vs Protection   Comfort vs Protection Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:56 pm

yeah heres what will be on the alice rig.

Y suspenders
Pistol belt
Molle utility pouch
Voodoo holster
canteen w/ canteen pouch
Mic puch to talk botton
knife.

I will keep my dead rag and medic rag in my blouses chest pocket along with a radio in the other.

my map will be with coms. A zipo lighter, compass and other little \"Watch your language\" will be in variouse pockets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comfort vs Protection   Comfort vs Protection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comfort vs Protection
Page 1 of 1